2021 PGA Championship

Wally Fairway

Kiawah Island ocean course 

Tough course, tough field. 

Television: Thursday-Friday, 7 a.m.-1 p.m. (ESPN+), 1 p.m.-7 p.m. (ESPN). Saturday-Sunday, 8 a.m.-10 a.m. (ESPN+), 10 a.m.-1 p.m. (ESPN), 1 p.m.-7 p.m. (CBS)

Bonus: Thursday-Friday, Featured Group #1, 7 a.m.-7 p.m. (ESPN+), Thursday-Friday, Featured Group #2, #3, #4, 8 a.m.- 7 p.m. (ESPN+). Saturday-Sunday, Featured Group #1, #2, 8 a.m.-7 p.m. (ESPN+), Featured Group #3, #4, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. (ESPN+)

Jordan's annual chance to complete the career grand slam (no jinxing)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Hardest golf course I’ve ever played.  Put up a smooth 106 when I was about a 10 handicap.

Rory’s win in 2012 at -13 was an aberration. Course was wet and 2nd place was -5. No rain in the forecast so will be playing fast. Seems like the layout and the wind neutralizes the bombers, making it a second shot course with several mid to long iron approaches. Maybe Jordan can complete his career grand slam. 

Edited by TonyTexas

7 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

Kiawah Island ocean course 

Tough course, tough field. 

Television: Thursday-Friday, 7 a.m.-1 p.m. (ESPN+), 1 p.m.-7 p.m. (ESPN). Saturday-Sunday, 8 a.m.-10 a.m. (ESPN+), 10 a.m.-1 p.m. (ESPN), 1 p.m.-7 p.m. (CBS)

Bonus: Thursday-Friday, Featured Group #1, 7 a.m.-7 p.m. (ESPN+), Thursday-Friday, Featured Group #2, #3, #4, 8 a.m.- 7 p.m. (ESPN+). Saturday-Sunday, Featured Group #1, #2, 8 a.m.-7 p.m. (ESPN+), Featured Group #3, #4, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. (ESPN+)

Jordan's annual chance to complete the career grand slam (no jinxing)

Just signed up with ESPN+...Well worth the $5.99 for one month.

21 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Hardest golf course I’ve ever played.  Put up a smooth 106 when I was about a 10 handicap.

7,838 yards this week 😳

Rahm in his presser said he didn't hit anything less than a five iron into the green during his practice round. 

53 minutes ago, maninblack said:

7,838 yards this week 😳

Rahm in his presser said he didn't hit anything less than a five iron into the green during his practice round. 

It’s an Open Championship course designed by a sadist.  Whatever flaw you have will be exposed.  The wind seems to be constantly working against you even though that’s not really possible.  An absolute beating.  The only saving grace from that day was driving back to Charleston and having dinner at Husk.  

• Hook 'Em 1

As a reference point for what a mean, miserable bitch of a golf course this is, 2 days prior to breaking triple figures I shot an 83 at the Country Club of Charleston, which is a Seth Raynor course that hosted the US Women’s Open a few years ago.

2 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

It’s an Open Championship course designed by a sadist.  Whatever flaw you have will be exposed.  The wind seems to be constantly working against you even though that’s not really possible.  An absolute beating.  The only saving grace from that day was driving back to Charleston and having dinner at Husk.  

Chamblee was on with the Musers this AM and said the wind isn't forecast to be as brutal as it could be. I didn't realize the layout was as long as it is.

5 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Chamblee was on with the Musers this AM and said the wind isn't forecast to be as brutal as it could be. I didn't realize the layout was as long as it is.

It’s a big course.  We played one set of tees up from the tips, and it was still long.  It will be a shame if there’s not much wind, I enjoy watching the pros suffer every now and then.

Tickets for this week. Most of them just for fun. 2 I like though are Xander and Finau. Also have $10 on JT off screen.

I don't expect any of them to win, but for some of those guys, I think "if they win I didn't want to not have a ticket". Like Rory, Spieth, Bryson. 

(Whats dumb is I hbet all of this within a few mins but the ones I had to do live Rory was already up to +1200)

Screenshot_20210520-061411_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0870dc23343f987de4c7698b698b61c4.jpg

20 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Sounds like some of my rounds at Shadowglen. 

Was the wind blowing?  See upthread for what I shot when I played it.  The sea was angry that day.

I know it was a factor, but it wasn’t terrible. The part of the story I didn’t tell was that the day before in the same tourney I shot a 104 on the sister course.

Golf.