The all-encompassing chase for Lord Stanley's Cup thread 2021!!!!

C-Man

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Toronto should’ve beaten them in the first round but you know — Maple Leafing.

Do you ever check out LFR? Habs fans gave enough to get him in a sweater. 10k for sick kids. 

I swear he has some tick tick in him. 

The Cowboys and Leafs have a lot in common. It's not as though they don't push every boundary on the cap. They both have alllllll the money and ownership willing to spend it. Yet...here we are. Another first round exit and a dejected fan base. Ready to run off Marner. Trade Matthews. Blow it up. Trade Zeke and a sack of magic beans.

Absolutely delusional fan bases. Eagerly awaiting the next year. Because what else can we do?

On 7/1/2021 at 6:35 AM, Sweetnsourpoke said:

Merrill and Gustafson are completely fucking useless. Meanwhile, Romanov sits. It's bizarre. Romanov is a hard-hitting solid d-man. 

Gustafson is brutal. Coughing up the puck left and right in their own end, even on the powerplay. Bizarre that they dress him just so he can skate the puck up the center of the ice and drop it back to Suzuki or KK. Anybody can do that.....what a waste of a roster spot. 

Romanov could be a bit like Sergachev out there. Tough to play against, solid on the puck, but they won't play him. Guess that Sergachev for Drouin deal didn't really work out for the Habs. 

What did I say about Romanov? FFS! 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

14 hours ago, ztejas said:

I totally just missed that goal. I'm shocked because MTL's O looks like an anemic AIDS patient. 

MTL's O looks like it's me playing EA Sports NHL 'XX -- skate one guy down the side of the ice, and then throw the puck out toward the middle, hoping someone can one-time it into the net.

47 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

They'll probably lose a few of their impact players to the Kraken in the expansion draft

I might have to start an offseason thread.

Expansion draft is in two weeks, UFA, RFA, buyouts, AAV and one summer we got Brett Hull and another time Pierre Turgeon and who can forget Avery?

1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

They'll probably lose a few of their impact players to the Kraken in the expansion draft

The Kraken only pick one player from each team, and the mock drafts I've seen have them taking someone like Gourde from TB.

Could I just say that the NHL has a huge fucking problem with their officiating?  Like near Tim Donaghey-era NBA level problem...

This "game management" shit all the officials pull is killing the game.  Because you have penalties that are required to be called (shooting puck over the boards, and to a lesser extent, tripping) and you can't "game-manage" those, and that means that the bullshit gets amplified on the real penalties that need to be called to keep the game from turning to shit (interference, holding, etc.).  You can't have the refs trying to even things up when the penalties that have been previously called were automatics.

And they need to end all the bullshit scrums that happen after the play.  It's shit that the flow of the game is killed by guys pushing and shoving after every stoppage near the net and it will never end as long as the refs are unwilling to call anything other than coincidental minors.

On 7/8/2021 at 11:28 AM, Beau Vine said:

Could I just say that the NHL has a huge fucking problem with their officiating?  Like near Tim Donaghey-era NBA level problem...

This "game management" shit all the officials pull is killing the game.  Because you have penalties that are required to be called (shooting puck over the boards, and to a lesser extent, tripping) and you can't "game-manage" those, and that means that the bullshit gets amplified on the real penalties that need to be called to keep the game from turning to shit (interference, holding, etc.).  You can't have the refs trying to even things up when the penalties that have been previously called were automatics.

And they need to end all the bullshit scrums that happen after the play.  It's shit that the flow of the game is killed by guys pushing and shoving after every stoppage near the net and it will never end as long as the refs are unwilling to call anything other than coincidental minors.

What's this in response to? Did I miss some discussion somewhere?

Regarding the post-whistle scrums, it's just part of it especially during the playoffs. It doesn't really bother me. But sometimes it's a little more over-the-top and, yes, that shit should get curbed. Regarding the "game management" I agree that should be looked at -- not a fan of evening up the calls just to even up the calls.