Selfie with a bear, what could go wrong?

crash_davis

awesome somewhat gruesome video in the link.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/man-bear-selfie-video-mauled-death-selfies-india-odisha-asia-a8335806.html

A man was mauled to death by a bear after he reportedly tried to take a selfie with the creature.

After stopping to go toilet on his way home from a wedding, Prabhu Bhatara is said to have spotted the injured animal in the Nabarangpur district of Odisha in India.

His fellow SUV passengers advised him against trying to take a picture with the creature.

As he sidled up, the bear struck and a struggled ensued. A stray dog also stepped in and bit the bear but its intervention failed to deter the larger animal.

Forest ranger Dhanurjaya Mohapatra said Mr Bhatara "died on the spot."

He added: “The bear is being treated for its injuries.”

8 hours ago, DixonHur said:

I like how everyone rushed to his aid.

They said he was warned by people several times...but went ahead with his plans for a selfie.  

The cameraman sucked...but up to the point of turning away I thought the guy was doing well...I had him ahead in points. 

Evidently the bear was rope-a-doping him?  I guess fighting a bear is more of a marathon than a sprint... 

9 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

You’d be surprised how many tourists take selfies with the bears and bison in Yellowstone. Or ask what time they feed the animals.  Or complain when the animals aren’t out on display for them. 

If that number is greater than zero, yes, I'd be surprised. Then again, I have fully functional neurons.

This is really quite sad to hear, but is another case of when darwinism goes wrong, (or would it be goes right in this case)...

darwin3.jpg

Well, anyhow I don't even fool with animals that can consume humans, when I'm in the "safety" of the local zoo or a nature preserve...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/4/2018 at 9:40 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

You’d be surprised how many tourists take selfies with the bears and bison in Yellowstone. Or ask what time they feed the animals.  Or complain when the animals aren’t out on display for them. 

On 5/4/2018 at 9:51 PM, Agent 13 said:

If that number is greater than zero, yes, I'd be surprised. Then again, I have fully functional neurons.

Season is only 2 weeks old...

https://www.nps.gov/yell/learn/news/06072018.htm