South Padre/Brownsville restaurant recommendations?

XYZ

For Brownsville I always enjoy going to Vermillion, probably not the absolute best in town but good food and good experience.  For breakfast try a little dive called Querido Mexico Lindo.  

Haven't been that many places on SPI but the buddy I go with always stops at Blackbeards out of nostalgia.

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag

umm...i was unprepared for how busy it is lol 😄 not bothered, more just WOW 😎 happy to see the commerce!

any guesses if it will slow down a tad midweek, or is this it and we need to eat dinner at 430 daily (hey i'm a trophy wife, man needs to eat 😄)

feels/sounds like a combo of Port A, 30A and Waikiki 😄 

i have a long list of restaurant recs from this thread, plan to try many, not cook as frequent as we do in Port A,  breakfast only...

Joe’s Oyster Bar in PI is *great* for your fried seafood and oyster fix.  Yummies is one of the best breakfasts anywhere, but you‘ll pay for it.

I find The Palm on the Beach to be hit or miss, when it’s on it’s very good but they can crank out duds sometimes and they shouldn’t at their prices. Senor Donkey is kitsch but their ceviche is RIGHT. Ceviche Ceviche is takeout only but extremely good. 

In Brownsville you can’t go wrong with The Vermillion. 

• 4 months later...