2021 Hurricane & Cyclone Thread

Rip76

7 hours ago, Xian said:

Both cars full of gas and stocked up with supplies down in Galveston.   

hopefully it’s just a “mild” rain event, because not much time left for a mass evacuation things start to heat up. 

Based on how UT football is playing, how covid is working out for us, I'd say Mother Nature will give us a Cat 4 that makes it to Austin.

Because...you know...things.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Liquor and Poker said:

The Euro and the GFS are so wildly different on this storm.  I think because it really doesn’t exist yet.  

You're Learning, Willie.png

This (bold).  You can't make a track until you get a center.  Now it's got a center (TS Nicholas).
Within about 8-10 hours I can tell you with some certainty the rain forecast for Texas.  Back when that happens.

Edited by phdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

Latest Euro run might raise some eyebrows. 
never seen sixty one fucking inches of rainfall projected from storm before…..  would beat the Harvey record, I believe.

edit: No one freak out  it’s still early. I would just start preparing   

0299E3B5-21EA-43DE-B52B-0C47A8369E79.png

Edited by Xian
  • Rage+1 1

59 minutes ago, Xian said:

Latest Euro run might raise some eyebrows. 
never seen sixty one fucking inches of rainfall projected from storm before…..  would beat the Harvey record, I believe.

edit: No one freak out  it’s still early. I would just start preparing   

0299E3B5-21EA-43DE-B52B-0C47A8369E79.png

I hope everyone on here got their fill of Shiner

On 9/11/2021 at 10:26 PM, Bender Bending Rodriguez said:

I agree that Harvey should be considered the exception and not the type of storm we should expect other storms to develop into, but Allison was a thousand year storm only to see a worse storm happen 16 years later. 

2015 to 2017 i believe we had three 500 year events in houston, at least by the old standards. probably time to rethink them a bit

• Hook 'Em 1

Imelda dropped 20-40” of rain in/around Houston in 2019. I’m in Atascocita and we got about 25” in what seemed to be a 3 hour window. Top and bottom pictures were taken just a few hours apart. Luckily, the drainage started working again and we made out alright, but once the water got close to little bevo, we started moving some things to higher ground.  image.thumb.jpeg.cbe39dfa1e62700161577c64a2e5ebef.jpeg

• Like 1