2021 Hurricane & Cyclone Thread

Rip76

Just now, tejas60 said:

too bad Robert Durst didn't know that.

Funny enough. His house just sold. Less than a day on the market. 

wonder what’s going to be done with it 

Side note. Lets just say some interesting things were found in a crawl space across the street when pipes were getting fixed post freeze - surprised it hasn’t made the news yet  

56 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

We just logged .1 inches in San Antonio. Winds gusting up to 10 mph. Neighbor has some sticks in his yard that definitely weren’t there before.

I’ll continue to check in here so that y’all know I’m okay. 

...and I thought Austin was taking a beating.  Thoughts and prayers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Looks like those of us in G might catch the very edge of that nasty NE corner. 

The 4:00pm report:  Doppler velocity data from the Houston WSR-88D radar has shown a large swath of hurricane-force wind speeds in the northeastern quadrant of Nicholas' circulation above 12,000 ft during the past couple of hours, with brief appearances of average velocities of 80-100 kt at high altitudes. Thus, there is an abundance of large-scale cyclonic vorticity available for another burst of intense convection to tap into, which could allow Nicholas to approach hurricane strength by landfall. This would most likely occur tonight during the convective maximum period near landfall where increased frictional convergence along the coast could aid in the development of convection on the west side of the circulation.

On Ventusky right now it shows 80mph in that little section.   If it keeps edging East, that might catch the West End.  Probably Surfside for sure.

2 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

My flooring contractor just texted me saying he's postponing the final day of my renovation til Wednesday, no worries.

Watching the obligatory coverage on the 6pm news and noticed a badass coming out of HEB.

http://imgur.com/a/6YhCeTf

Baw gawd! Is that Steven Seagal's latino cousin, Esteban? 

• Haha 1

Galveston here

Been chilling at the house all afternoon waiting for something cool to happen. Power flickered a few times but it's just windy and rainy. No biggie. 

Tomorrow morning may be epic surf at the *secret spot* sometimes called surfers isle. Basically a south swell like this wraps around the jetty on the East end of the island and there's a point break that only happens in certain conditions. Only got it twice in my life. Tomorrow's wind forecast will be sideshore for most of the island but perfectly offshore for surfers isle. The bouy is at 17' right now lol

https://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=42019

Gonna be a fun one

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Been without power in the heights since 3am. Other than that, looks like thisll be over for houston before noon today

I think the potential for severe weather is already over for Houston.  Just some wind in Montrose, now calm, power still on so far.

17 hours ago, Xian said:

Funny enough. His house just sold. Less than a day on the market. 

wonder what’s going to be done with it 

Side note. Lets just say some interesting things were found in a crawl space across the street when pipes were getting fixed post freeze - surprised it hasn’t made the news yet  

Don’t deny us the punchline