2018 Chicago Cubs

Disco Missile

How he managed to get the yips after being fucking nails last year is beyond me.

Leadoff press, honestly Rizzo is hitting worse. Javy 1-1 with 3 walks tonight is good to see. Schwarber, Russell, Bryant, Zobrist, and Contreras all hitting well so far.

11 hours ago, BYG Jacob said:

How he managed to get the yips after being fucking nails last year is beyond me.

He went yard to start the season and then kept trying to hit bombs. He’ll be fine, he just needs to settle in. Hell, Jose Ramirez is like 1-24 right now.

1 minute ago, Dewey said:

Looking at the weather, they should push the game back a little further, say, tomorrow. I was looking forward to a game at Wrigley today.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

If it wasn't opening day it would have already been postponed. I get it's opening day but playing in that shit is a joke, unless they plan on replacing a ball every time it's put into play. 

1 hour ago, JimmyHoffa said:

If it wasn't opening day it would have already been postponed. I get it's opening day but playing in that shit is a joke, unless they plan on replacing a ball every time it's put into play. 

Postponed till tomorrow.

Maddon is going to get off the hook for this because it worked out but...

Down 8-2 in the 8th inning, bases loaded, 2 outs, and they bring their LEFTY closer into the game.  Sticking with fucking Jason Heyward over Albert Almora, who is on the bench and who happens to slaughter lefty pitching, is indefensible.  Yes, Heyward hit a 18 hopper weakass grounder through the middle somehow.  But it was still a fucking stupid move.  Really worked up about this one.

5 hours ago, Disco Missile said:

Baez is one of the most exciting players in baseball, imo. When he's on he's something to see.

For over a year now I’ve been spouting off about him being the most exciting player in baseball on the MLB thread; to the point of obnoxiousness. But he really is my favorite player in the game. There’s nobody like him.