2021 Texas Volleyball

TexasDPT

1 minute ago, texasstrong12 said:

The only real question is who takes Butler's spot in the middle? 

Petersen is a good player but not really worried about that loss. Think Texas can actually upgrade there. Not trying to hate but she's a good player on a roster that's full of great players. 

This roster will be loaded again next year regardless. Feels like Texas should go find another good DS in the transfer portal. Any top notch DS will recognize this roster is loaded and want to play here. 

Molly should shift back to middle as we bring Singletary along, I’d imagine 

Setter is also going to be interesting. I thought Gabriel might leave after this year but seems like she's also going to use the extra Covid year. I have a hard time believing SKT would be fine being a backup for another year. 

The Covid year has made things weird. We're going to lose some players due to  players getting an extra year but it also gives Elliott an extra year to chase a title with this roster. 

well she is 5'9/10 in middle school so.......

Nice.

Step 2. After the season is over, give one of the Longhorns a NIL $250 handshake to spend 90 minutes teaching her some skills. Having been a volleyball dad for a while, the technique is much more involved than it appears. At least coming from a non-VB background, that’s been my experience. Those 90 minutes would equal 900 dad minutes…assuming you’re a hobby coach and not doing it for a living.

3 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Nice.

Step 2. After the season is over, give one of the Longhorns a NIL $250 handshake to spend 90 minutes teaching her some skills. Having been a volleyball dad for a while, the technique is much more involved than it appears. At least coming from a non-VB background, that’s been my experience. Those 90 minutes would equal 900 dad minutes…assuming you’re a hobby coach and not doing it for a living.

Oh no, she plays on the elite squad at her club. She is a regular at camps and with personal training. Hell, she has two personals on Tues and Weds during Thanksgiving break. We ain't messing around. Lol.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, NAVY said:

Parra needs to get her head out of her ass on service. Put the fucking ball in play 

It’s why I hate these long week long layovers. Hard to stay in a rhythm as a server and a hitter when you are off for a week 

It’s why I hate these long week long layovers. Hard to stay in a rhythm as a server and a hitter when you are off for a week 

It was the opposite problem. On her first service turn in Set 1, she had 4 aces. She lost focus on serves as the match went on, but I attribute it to unexpectedly playing all 6 rotations because of Asija’s injury.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

I hope Elliott can eventually get that 2nd title because he's so consistent on every other level. 

With the amount of talent on campus and expected in the next 2-3 yrs, I would love if he could experience a mini Russ Rose run. 

• Hook 'Em 3

I'm convinced the NCAA committee doesn't seed on a team's actual resume. 

Rice (a team Texas has had issues with in recent years)

Nebraska (Lexi Sun drama and both fanbases hate each other)

Kentucky (potential rematch of the national championship match last year)

It's like the committee said "let's try and send every possible team that would create drama to Austin." 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

I like our regional. I would much rather have either USD or Rice in the 2nd round than one of the dangerous unseeded Pac12 or Big10 opponents like Penn State, Michigan, Stanford, or Oregon. #1 Louisville and #3 Pitt each have dangerous 2nd round matches.

Edited by perfectchaos007
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

I'm convinced the NCAA committee doesn't seed on a team's actual resume. 

Rice (a team Texas has had issues with in recent years)

Nebraska (Lexi Sun drama and both fanbases hate each other)

Kentucky (potential rematch of the national championship match last year)

It's like the committee said "let's try and send every possible team that would create drama to Austin." 

This is true.

10 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I like our regional. I would much rather have either USD or Rice in the 2nd round than one of the dangerous unseeded Pac12 or Big10 opponents like Penn State, Michigan, Stanford, or Oregon. #1 Louisville and #3 Pitt each have dangerous 2nd round matches.

This is also true. 

Louisville side - Michigan/Florida/Ohio State/Georgia Tech is no joke
Wisky side - Stanford/Minny/Baylor/UCLA is scary
Pitt side - PSU/Boise/BYU/Utah/Purdue - Pitt should be scared
Texas side - defending national champ Kentucky/Illinois/Nebraska/UW - tough

Honestly, I could see 1 or 2 top 4 seeds not advancing.  Louisville has a tough second round matchup, but Ohio State/Florida/GT are all capable.  Wisky dealing with Tree, Minny and Baylor isn't fun.  Pitt looks the most in danger - any combo of PSU/Boise State/BYU/Utah/Purdue could knock then out - Purdue is scary good.  Texas ain't got an easy road either - defending champs, their main rival, and 2 pretty tough squads in Illinois/Washington.  

These are the most competitive regional brackets I've seen in a while.  Most of the seeded teams got easy subregionals, except maybe Pitt having PSU, Louisville having Michigan, Kentucky having Illinois and BYU having Utah.  But these regional semis and regional finals are going to be MUST SEE TV. 

• Like 1

Pablo's advanced metrics bracket rankings have Texas with the 6th easiest subregional amongst seeded teams.  

Purdue, Wisconsin and Nebraska have the 3 easiest.  Pitt, Creighton and BYU have the 3 hardest. 
Texas 6th.  Kentucky 9th.  Louisville 10th.  Baylor 11th. 

Pablo has Texas with the highest F4 odds of the top 4 seeds - 51%.  Louisville at 50% and Wisky at 49%.  Pitt only at 40% to advance. 

Edited by Js1

16 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

She gone. 

That's rough - Jill Kramer was TCU's first scholarship player in 1996.  Got her ass fired 25 years later. 

But 7 of 9 teams in your conference made it.  Only you and OU didn't.   TCU hasn't been since 2016, I think?  OU went in 2019. 

Edited by Js1

Logan is your Big 12 POY

Elliot is your Big 12 Coach of the Year

Hannah Sedwick (Baylor) is Setter of the Year

Marija Popovic (ISU) is Libero of the Year

Caroline Bien (KU) is Freshman of the Year

Butler, Eggleston, Fields, Gabriel, O'Neal are Big 12 First Team
Molly is Big 12 Second Team

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2