2021 Texas Volleyball

TexasDPT

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I didn't know Morgan wasn't coming back.

My interest in the season just took a nosedive.

Yeah, Morgan was the difference maker last year...Never have I seen Texas be in-system and run it's offense so consistently...and I've been watching TX Volleyball for a very long time. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, TexasDPT said:

Yeah, Morgan was the difference maker last year...Never have I seen Texas be in-system and run it's offense so consistently...and I've been watching TX Volleyball for a very long time. 

Need to entice more B1G liberos 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Uggggh.  Seriously, though.  I was so spoiled by Morgan and I don't think I can handle a reversion to our back row/passing mean.

Maybe Iosia can grow into the role.

Iosia makes great saving plays...but her passing technique isn't that great.  And Elliot isn't known for developing Liberos. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I think they had to just about beg O’Brien to play last year, since it seemed she had accepted her career being over - she graduated from Illinois a year early, despite being the starting libero. Looking back, I wonder if Elliott knew she wasn’t going to return because he gave Iosia the chance to play libero quite a bit after Morgan got COVID.

It is looking like Parra is playing well in the back row this second set. 

I wonder if Elliott will try the 6-2 at all this match

3 minutes ago, texfan11 said:

I think they had to just about beg O’Brien to play last year, since it seemed she had accepted her career being over - she graduated from Illinois a year early, despite being the starting libero. Looking back, I wonder if Elliott knew she wasn’t going to return because he gave Iosia the chance to play libero quite a bit after Morgan got COVID.

It is looking like Parra is playing well in the back row this second set. 

I wonder if Elliott will try the 6-2 at all this match

Not sure if a 6-2 would be ideal.  Need really good passing from Parra and Logan all 6 rotations for it to work effectively. 

9 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

So, is Cabello a flameout then?

She's setting better this year and offers a better block at the net, but she's still slow getting her feet to the ball when setting and her floor defense is meh. 

I think she's gonna be Shook 2.0

Edited by TexasDPT
  • Hook 'Em 2

Seems a little worrisome that a one-loss No. 10 Minny is giving us this hard a time.  Although it is the road.

Thing is, these teams that are better rounded get better all year on back row play, and we never do.  We blast our way through the Big XII and then  . . . the usual.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

She was the next big thing at setter, no?

I'm pretty sure she was the #1 setter in her class.

She enrolled early in the Spring 2020 to get a head start, but then the pandemic happened.  Then she was injured all last Fall, and played sparingly last Spring...

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Seems a little worrisome that a one-loss No. 10 Minny is giving us this hard a time.  Although it is the road.

Thing is, these teams that are better rounded get better all year on back row play, and we never do.  We blast our way through the Big XII and then  . . . the usual.

Calling them a “one-loss team” who lost in four on the road to another top 10 team is acting like they suck and giving us a hard time at their home is an odd choice.

Minny is a quality program, every year, and again, lost in 4 on the road. This is a good challenge for us 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1