Piece of shit kills 6 YO boy in road rage incident

Superhero

I'd prefer this thread be for updates on this specific situation, not in small part because of how horrendous and traumatic this act was. I honestly have difficulty not imagining my own child in the back of my car saying his stomach hurts. We use the term nightmare fuel too much. But this incident is truly nightmare fuel for me. We've had a thousand gun control threads. I think it is ok to let this one stay focused on that poor little boy and the assholes that did this. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

Yes, you should never give anyone that cuts you off the finger

My comment was mostly sarcastic out of frustration and anger at the shittiness this whole incident.  Nobody deserves to get shot for doing what she did. But speaking for myself, I no longer "gesture" and usually even think twice about honking.  It's not going to change anyone else's shitty driving.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, Judge Roybeanbag said:

My comment was mostly sarcastic out of frustration and anger at the shittiness this whole incident.  Nobody deserves to get shot for doing what she did. But speaking for myself, I no longer "gesture" and usually even think twice about honking.  It's not going to change anyone else's shitty driving.

I don’t do either anymore because you just don’t know. Even if they don’t have a gun they can still flip out and do damage. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I live in SoCal.  There have been many moments where I've wanted to honk or gesture but then decided I wanted my family and I to live.  

3 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Too bad. This thread was created for Nicole to complain about California and its policies, while also complaining about people who bring CR into the DT.

I have posted plenty of updates on the actual point of the thread. Cops don’t know shit. We have a vague description of a man and a woman in suspect vehicle which may be a white newer model Volkswagen. Cops pleading for information from the public. California isn’t drastically better than Texas when it comes to being federally dependent. Facts are facts. Somehow the whole derailment of the thread is my fault. 

I tried to stay on topic. I thought we’d have more information by now. We don’t. Sounds like cops don’t have a clue when and where suspect car entered the freeway. Reward is almost to $200,000. 

They are like migratory birds without a good GIPHY game. Lol. They need our help and deserve our pity. We should try harder to prop them up so they will like themselves more and loosen up.

You made wrong claim. I simply made an accurate statement that many don’t like.

So now we move the goalpost to something else because we still don’t like facts, since they have a liberal bias. That’s cool though, we need you artist types.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Nivek said:

You made wrong claim. I simply made an accurate statement that many don’t like.

So now we move the goalpost to something else because we still don’t like facts, since they have a liberal bias. That’s cool though, we need you artist types.

How do you know I’m artistic? Ha.

You are probably the only poster on this entire board when confronted with facts that don’t support ur agenda accepts and acknowledges those facts. Lulz. 

Thanks Hayden for cleaning up the thread. Don't know what was written, and frankly don't care.

Back to the topic though... obviously I feel bad for the mom and family.

But I also I feel sorry for the shooter. The mindset to pull out a gun because you feel "disrespected" doesn't happen overnight. It's years in the making. Someone feeling helpless about their social situation, no one teaching them to regulate their emotions, and resorting to using a gun to "control" their environment, punishing those who "disrespect" them. 

I hope whoever did this turns his / herself in and get the proper punishment, but I don't think it'll happen. I just hope they'll have someone to teach them how to deal with life when things feel out of control.

BTW, some old lady in her 60s gave me the bird the other day because I wouldn't let her merge into my lane (I was doing 45, she was going at 25). Guess age doesn't bring about wage and patience.

4 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

man, yall really don't want to discuss politics on daily texan.

i mean, i had to delete probably half the posts on this thread for being political, but yall seriously want this to be a place sans politics.

Why start now? DT became Cloak Room Lite a long time ago.

How do you know I’m artistic? Ha.
You are probably the only poster on this entire board when confronted with facts that don’t support ur agenda accepts and acknowledges those facts. Lulz. 

I like being wrong. Being right means I learn nothing.

Call it a hunch.
  • Haha 1

I listened to Nancy Grace shout/yell about this case for the better part of an hour on her podcast. Sounds like the shooter's vehicle was a white Jetta with a female driver and a male passenger. The male is the suspected shooter because it's pretty damned hard to fire a gun and drive at the same time. 

The bullet went through the trunk, entered the little boy's back and exited his lower abdomen. Her told his mother that his stomach hurt which prompted her to pull over. It sounds like he bled out pretty quickly. Heart breaking stuff. 

This happened in a very heavy traffic area in Orange County. There should be some eyewitnesses out there. Police are pretty hopeful that they'll recover the spent casing. Hopefully they find it, and they get a hit on the murder weapon. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, phdhorn said:

The driver will crack and confess.  I would bet on it.  Unless they're experienced criminals, but they sound too stupid to be.

Man, you have way more faith in humanity than me. This isn't one of those crimes where you get a little leniency for coming forward. He's the same amount of fucked whether he turns himself in, or they track him down after months of investigation.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I listened to Nancy Grace shout/yell about this case for the better part of an hour on her podcast. Sounds like the shooter's vehicle was a white Jetta with a female driver and a male passenger. The male is the suspected shooter because it's pretty damned hard to fire a gun and drive at the same time. 

The bullet went through the trunk, entered the little boy's back and exited his lower abdomen. Her told his mother that his stomach hurt which prompted her to pull over. It sounds like he bled out pretty quickly. Heart breaking stuff. 

This happened in a very heavy traffic area in Orange County. There should be some eyewitnesses out there. Police are pretty hopeful that they'll recover the spent casing. Hopefully they find it, and they get a hit on the murder weapon. 

.............Wait........ You listened to an hours worth of Nancy Grace ??!!

9 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Man, you have way more faith in humanity than me. This isn't one of those crimes where you get a little leniency for coming forward. He's the same amount of fucked whether he turns himself in, or they track him down after months of investigation.

The driver wasn't the shooter, right?  I could see the non-shooter reporting this.

2 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I could see that, especially if the non-shooter thought ratting out the shooter would get them some leniency

I'm not even sure how much criminal liability the non-shooter would face. If the non-shooter didn't know the shooter was going to fire, what is the charge? Threats from the shooter or the non-shooter already being dead is another possibility as to why that person hasn't come forward. 

11 hours ago, aggie08 said:

+1.  He ain't coming out.

Reward is now up to $250,000 (the board/council voted to increase it.) It is becoming apparent that LE does not know where and when the suspect car (white newer model Jetta?) entered the freeway before the murder. Uggh. Was hoping they had an idea and could get cameras from all businesses on the street or whatever before it entered. 

At a Tuesday morning news conference, Wagner reiterated the California Highway Patrol's call for witnesses to come forward with information or dashcam video footage.

"If you were in the area, you may have captured the information that will help the CHP crack this case," he said. "Maybe you've seen the suspect's car fleeing -- not the actual shooting -- that's OK. Maybe you've seen the car in the area, that they're looking for, and we can get a (license) plate or partial plate or a description of the driver."

Lot of road rage shootings in various parts of US.

https://www.ajc.com/news/at-least-14-shootings-on-metro-atlanta-roadways-this-year-leave-4-dead-others-injured/TP7DEXUGHRAKNGZRHZPRFZ7WRU/

At what point will people begin to discuss the need to have car cams for this purpose? Or maybe that won't happen. But it seems like things might be trending in that direction.

Edited by Bruno Sardine

38 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I'm not even sure how much criminal liability the non-shooter would face. If the non-shooter didn't know the shooter was going to fire, what is the charge? Threats from the shooter or the non-shooter already being dead is another possibility as to why that person hasn't come forward. 

I would think if the non-shooter was driver that they could be charged with accessory, but I'm not a lawyer

Just now, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I would think if the non-shooter was driver that they could be charged with accessory, but I'm not a lawyer

I was hoping non-shooter would tell someone and that would get passed along or that non-shooter would turn shooter in. Probably more likely that non-shooter tells someone and that ends up “cracking the case.” Or unless someone can point LE to where and when suspect car entered the freeway. 

Woman driving suspect vehicle and make passenger likely doing the shooting. But no description beyond that. 

36 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Accessory before the shooting would require the non-shooter knew or encourage the shooter's actions. Accessory after the fact would be a lot less likely to stick if the non-shooter turned the shooter in. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Looks like they are getting ready to release some more information this afternoon.  It’s better to release as much as they can as quickly as they can while it’s still fresh. They should be keeping from the public only what is necessary to protect the integrity of the investigation/rule out false confessions etc...

1 hour ago, Dahobbs said:

Accessory before the shooting would require the non-shooter knew or encourage the shooter's actions. Accessory after the fact would be a lot less likely to stick if the non-shooter turned the shooter in. 

I was thinking accessory after the fact the she would have essentially been the getaway driver

15 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Only a matter of time before the guilt really gets to the mom.  Jesus what a fucked up situation.  And that one in DC. Holy shit. 

A couple of people on here are saying "no way" but again I don't think so.  If you habituate crime, your moral compass sinks to near zero and you can do shit over and over and not blink when the pressure is on.  But my guess is that these twats are just greenies with shitty dispositions and tempers.  And if someone's like that in the first place (i.e. idiotic and volatile), that same personality trait will eventually well up in them to "act." 

Add to this now that the driver now has the additional pressure of wondering if the shooter is going to threaten her - "you tell and you'll regret it."  Or maybe just feeling the pressure of wondering if this shooter will get riled up that there's a witness and wondering if/when he's coming at her.  Don't tell me she's not under a ton of pressure here to give it up, especially because at this point she'd get the lesser of the sentences.

It's totally possible that they've been involved in crime before, and if so it'll make it more difficult for them to fess up.  But I still think there will be something, some way that one or both of them can't live with the pressure.  I would assume that they had no idea that a kid was in the back seat, or intended to kill anyone.  But now that his temper has rewarded him with a killing, that's a whole 'nother level of existence.  People crack eventually.  I think one at least will if they haven't done illegal shit before this.