Tottenham Hotspur 21-22: Ted Lasso Season 2

Captain Ron

Arsenal should understand that when you target a player like Son early and often in a match, and get really physical like they did, the ref is going to pay special attention to what is happening with that matchup in an effort to keep the match under control, especially in a Derby. Son was coming off a brutal foul by Fabinho last week that deserved a red, and I'm sure the league was made aware of that. Son had already been kicked in the ribs while on the ground, with nothing being called either. All that adds up to a penalty being called when Son gets double teamed in the box, and a second yellow for Holding when he forearms Son in the face. 

Arsenal can bitch all they want about the officiating. It doesn't change the fact they lost their composure in the biggest match they've played all year. They simply don't have the leadership yet on the field, or at the manager level. 13 red cards since Dec 2019, that's 5 more than any other team. 

We really need Newcastle to show up Monday night. 

• Hook 'Em 1

First Spurs need to beat Burnley, this is all for naught if they don't win their next one.

And frankly I think it's much simpler. Like I pointed out in the EPL thread this morning, Arteta doesn't have Arsenal play with any discipline at all. You pick up a card, you keep playing the same way. And you're basically asking the ref to decide "when is enough?"

Holding was a great example. He had his yellow, kept up the physical play and the result was his second yellow. He doesn't have to go through Son there. He can easily step with Son's stride (not across it), cut him off and not blow him up like he did. Play smart, not dumb and keep playing.

I don't know what Arteta was expecting out there. He went out to goon is up. Holding should have had 2 more cards, the kick and the belly to back suplex. I get playing physical, but once you start along THAT borderline of dirty. the ref is going to take notice. Hell, Holding was talked too after incident #2 and he still KEPT IT UP. That's not on the ref, that's on the player.

Whatever, fuck 'em, their team is trash.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1