Tottenham Hotspur 21-22: Ted Lasso Season 2

Captain Ron

Nuno asked about Ndombele absence again. "Tanguy was not with us today. He's not injured but we considered it's not the moment for him to take part in the game."

Saka got a nice ovation from the Spurs crowd

Edited by midtown

2 hours ago, DeepEastTexas said:

Defeated Arsenal today 1-0!

Sonny scores.

Ndombele not available. Sounds like a fitness issue. Paratici might as well sell him now.  With Sissoko and Aurier on the block, he's not happy anyway. 

Ndombele had been on paternity leave.

2 minutes ago, midtown said:

I'll take nil nil.    Son has got to finish one of these.   That's where Kane would draw defenders

Son has to stop slowing down counters or trying to pull the ball back. They've been giving City time to recover and pack the box before we even try to shoot.

20 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

I was driving to Vermont (buying a mountain house - close tomorrow). I was listening to the game on the radio (Sirius FC). Just got to the hotel - that was awesome.

Watch the replay. The energy was unreal.  Spurs played with a real purpose and looked like they actually had a game plan.  

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, DeepEastTexas said:

Watch the replay. The energy was unreal.  Spurs played with a real purpose and looked like they actually had a game plan.  

The back 4 didn't looks like dogshit (or any kind of shit, really).  And Tanganga is an absolute revelation.

That was just an amazing game, really.  Even more so from the fact that we really should've won 2-0.

• Hook 'Em 2

Ndombele and Aurier left off the Europa Conference League roster for the qualifiers.  

Speculation that both might be gone before the transfer window closes. 

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/players/tanguy-ndombele-tottenham-decision-nuno-21319708

No way Ndombele with his fitness levels could have handled yesterday's match.  Too much energy and pace for him.  This is his 4th manager at Spurs and all of them have had fitness issues with him.  NES and Paratici might have decided to cut their losses. 

Aurier for sure needs to leave.  

Yeah, the stupidity that these guys are showing is just amazing.

Honestly, this is a master class of how NOT to handle a holdout or whatever this is called in soccer.

Kane easily SHOULD have the high ground here, but he and his brother have completely found ways to blow this up and just look really poor in the process.

Note to future players in a similar situation: Just show up for practice and when the press asks you about it "I would be thrilled to transfer to <INSERT TRANSFER TARGET HERE>. But until then I am going to work my butt off for <INSERT CURRENT TEAM HERE>."

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Captain Ron said:

Yeah, the stupidity that these guys are showing is just amazing.

Honestly, this is a master class of how NOT to handle a holdout or whatever this is called in soccer.

Kane easily SHOULD have the high ground here, but he and his brother have completely found ways to blow this up and just look really poor in the process.

Note to future players in a similar situation: Just show up for practice and when the press asks you about it "I would be thrilled to transfer to <INSERT TRANSFER TARGET HERE>. But until then I am going to work my butt off for <INSERT CURRENT TEAM HERE>."

Or hire a qualified agent that has a release clause in your contract when you sign a new one like Grealish did.

This is where Kane seems to miss the mark. It's not that Levy isn't selling, it's that he's not entertaining the prices which City is putting out there. Be is £100M or £125M, those are low numbers for Kane. He goes for £150M MINIMUM, if not more.

The only thing Kane is doing is risking driving that number down, which means Kane potentially will be stuck on Spurs, and then has to salvage his relationship with the fans.

Yeah, get a real agent.

• Hook 'Em 1