Spokane/Coeur d'alene vacation?

chesthair

I go to Spokane often on business and rarely leave the city.  Been to CDA a couple times for a day or so.  This summer when i go there i am packing the family and dragging them along.  Expect to have 4-5 days.  Need some recs for things to do/see.  More than willing to travel around ID/WA.  Thought about a night in the CDA resort, then hitting the road.  FTR, have 15 and 13 year old boys who like the outdoors so hope to gear the vacation to maybe fishing/rafting/hiking and sightseeing.  Good food and beer for me is mandatory. 

Look up "Hiawatha trail"  When I was there I had just missed the closing date, but apparently it's pretty cool.  Mostly downhill bike trail.  It's an old train route, and has a few bridges and tunnels.

Theres the national forest I went hiking in which was pretty cool.  I went in october but I assume there is lake activities in the summer.  

The kids would probably love Silverwood, the NW's premier amusement park which is north of CDA.  I really like Sandpoint, ID and Lake Pend Oreille.   

Montana's Flathead Valley and Glacier N.P. is a very scenic 4 hour drive away from CDA, especially the 200 along Lake Pend Oreille and up the Clark Fork Valley.

• Like 1

And if kids like outdoors there is an amazing campsite outside of glacier on the west side...use freecampsites.net and look on north fork rd ...right on north fork flathead river

And if any of you fucks still my end of the world spot I'll .....just have to share and start a new civilization with ya i guess

Or.......

Flew into Spokane and drove to Glacier. I must say the panhandle of Idaho was absolutely gorgeous. We stopped at in Wallace an old silver mining town with a cool downtown. I remember the brewery downtown being good and there was a brothel museum.  

Edited by CooterBrown
  • Like 1