Camping - Taking 7 yo first time - Turner Falls Recs

Jameslaw121

Taking my 7 year old boy camping. Just me and him for 3 nights in late June. I've camped there before, so I', pretty familiar with the park itself. Looking for fun things/food to do somewhat close. Willing to drive to OKC if there is some thing he would think is fun and could waist an afternoon.

20 hours ago, Jameslaw121 said:

could waist an afternoon

You could take him belt shopping. 

Just north of TF is Pauls Valley. They have the Toy and Action Figure Museum. I've never been but I've always wanted to go, just for the nostalgia. He might think it's cool.

An hour north of TF, there is the Museum of Osteology.  Has complete skeletons of almost any animal you can think of. My kids thought it was pretty neat. The gift shop has cool stuff as well.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I recommend not trying to climb the waterfall.  Lifeguards don't seem to like this.

Co-signed.  Was there for an Indian Princess campout around 20 years ago and one of the girls (not mine thankfully) cut her head open pretty good slipping on the rocks.