Texas @ TTech Series Thread

Horndog

1 hour ago, zlavydra said:

Not impossible. They play at Baylor and then tech at home

I think it’s damn near impossible. OSU doesn’t lose (conference games) at home and I think they’re good enough to fart into a win in Waco. This assumes we sweep TCU and I don’t think we do. 

Random, but I was watching an SEC college baseball game and noticed they have coaching challenges. Is that just because they have all the camera angles necessary with the SEC network, or is there more to the story? Because if that’s all it is, why wouldn’t teams be able to use coaches challenges when we’re playing on LHN?

17 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Wasn't he the pitching coach at Rice, when they were very good, 1st?

Team ERA finishes for Pierce in 6 years as a head coach. 
9th (Texas), 24th (Tulane), 34th(Tulane) , 17th (SHSU), 68th (SHSU), 40th (SHSU). 

Team ERA finishes for Pierce in 6 years as the pitching coach at Rice. 
4th, 10th, 16th, 4th, 28th, 24th. 

Pierce will be fine from a pitching perspective with better/more talented arms. The amount of roster turnover from last year had a big impact. We probably won't ever have the type pitching we had under Skip, but Pierce has generally had good to really good pitching. 

Prior to this year, as a head coach and assistant Pierce had a top 40 staff 11/12 years in terms of ERA. That's pretty good. 

Edited by texasstrong12

I didn’t get to see any of yesterday’s game. But after the way the home team mashed the ball Saturday,  holding them to five runs in the rubber game was great. Thrilled to take the series.

We don’t have the reliable pitching normally needed for a deep run in June. That said, postseason play often brings surprises. So I won’t worry about the regionals until they get here. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rex Kramer said:

I think it’s damn near impossible. OSU doesn’t lose (conference games) at home and I think they’re good enough to fart into a win in Waco. This assumes we sweep TCU and I don’t think we do. 

That said how the hell did they lose 2 of 3 to the 6th place team in the Big Ten at Iowa this weekend? 

5 minutes ago, JimmyHoffa said:

That said how the hell did they lose 2 of 3 to the 6th place team in the Big Ten at Iowa this weekend? 

1) baseball. 2) nobody is really good in the Big 12 this year, including Tech as we just saw. 

1 hour ago, ClubWhatever said:

They are 5 in RPI and 12 in D1Baseball.com Top 25.  It's an utterly pointless argument, but I think most people would say they are a really good team.

They’re good. I don’t think they compare to top tier of SEC or ACC. And they’re conference record doesn’t indicate they’re Top 5. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2018 at 9:36 AM, txhorns said:

Lol that guy has issues.  He negged me 4 times in 1 night in the Fire Shaka thread but did nothing else that night.

Some guys can only focus on one thing at a time. Even if it’s one brainless thing.