Pellet guns

1 hour ago, washparkhorn said:

This might help @Chewbacca - https://extension.colostate.edu/topic-areas/natural-resources/preventing-woodpecker-damage-6-516/

I had them when I lived in Evergreen. It is that time of the year when the males flex for mates or act like tough guys to scare off rivals to their mates. 

Thirsty bastards - all of them.

Fucking relentless, I'm telling you.

When we remodel we're going to Hardy siding, but that's not helping me now.

Edited by Chewbacca

12 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Well don't I feel dumb(er) now. We had a feller nearby get his golden retriever shot dead by the guy with the cattle on the place next door. Sheriff investigated and no charges filed. Not illegal in Texas to shoot them what messes with yer cattle. 

Pretty sure my Golden Retriever would hide behind me if she ever saw a cow.  Peek around my legs with a WTF is that thing look on her face.

1 hour ago, baboso said:

Pretty sure my Golden Retriever would hide behind me if she ever saw a cow.  Peek around my legs with a WTF is that thing look on her face.

Yeah, unfortunately this dog was more adventurous. I got the impression from the story that the family with the dog had moved to this home in the country in the last year and the dog had been visiting with the cows previously. The owners were camping when the fateful event occurred and came home to find a dog dead from a shotgun blast. They then reviewed their security camera footage and heard the blast and then saw the mortally wounded dog run into the frame a short time later. Sad deal for the dog because if you're going camping you should probably secure your animal while you're away. 

The Crossman pump was damn accurate against squirrels from 20-30 feet when I lived in Briargrove. Those fuckers would destroy all of the green pine cones and leave a huge mess in the yard. After two shooting sessions the word got out. Thereafter the squirrels avoided my yard.