Longboard Horn

6 hours ago, LTtxfan said:
  • CFB Hall of Fame 
  • 1981 Lombardi Trophy Winner
  • 1981 UPI Lineman of the Year
  • 1st OVERALL PICK in the 1982 NFL DRAFT

1200x0.jpg

Kenneth Wayne Sims

I vaguely remember an SI pic of Kenneth Sims standing with arms outstretched showing his wingspan- He MIGHT (??)?have been palming two basketballs ala MJ’s “Wings” poster…of memory serves me correct.  13yo me was awestruck at that pic.

• Haha 1

I vaguely remember an SI pic of Kenneth Sims standing with arms outstretched showing his wingspan- He MIGHT (??)?have been palming two basketballs ala MJ’s “Wings” poster…of memory serves me correct.  13yo me was awestruck at that pic.

I saw him *play* basketball when he was in high school. Watched him throw shot and discus too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1

Thanks for this old post goes to @Texas007

Rick Ingraham

Texas-Longhorns-Earl-Campbell-Signed-8x1

Another stalwart on the 1977 O-line.

Well known for telling 3rd string QB Randy McEarchen when entering the 1977 Tex-OU game: "You give the fuckin' ball to Earl and get the hell out of the way".    

EDIT:  Found an article...

"Senior Guard Rick Ingraham was the vocal leader of the offense, and this time when Randy comes into the huddle, Rick grabs him by the jersey looks him in the eye and says, “You give the fucking ball to Earl and then you get the hell out of the way!”  

https://www.barkingcarnival.com/2017/10/9/16449978/1977-texas-ou-milestones-memories

Edited by LTtxfan

15 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Thanks for this old post goes to @Texas007

Rick Ingraham

Texas-Longhorns-Earl-Campbell-Signed-8x1

Another stalwart on the 1977 O-line.

Well known for telling 3rd string QB Randy McEarchen when entering the 1977 Tex-OU game: "You give the fuckin' ball to Earl and get the hell out of the way".    

EDIT:  Found an article...

My kid played on the same basketball teams as McEachern's kid.  I knew who he was but never brought up football.  One tournament I was walking back from the snack bar and he was surrounded by a few folks asking him about his playing days at Texas.  He said "It was pretty simple, hand the ball to Earl going right, hand the ball to Earl going left and hand the ball to Earl going up the middle."

• Haha 2