• Naomi Osaka
    • Aryna Sabalenka
    • Bianca Andreescu
    • Serena
    • Iga Swiatek
    • Garbine Muguruza
    • Other (specify in comments)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/01/21 at 05:00 PM

2 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Wow my tournament favorite is out. Sakkari is on fire 

No way that Sakkari’s urine doesn’t glow in the dark. We’re talking Jennifer Capriati-level.

She’s having her breakthrough tournament. 

32 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

Holy shit this Nadal Schwartzman match is great.  Diego is playing out of his mind and Nadal just has answers for everything.  Wonderful tennis.

I turned it on at 4-4 in the 3rd. And that was when Rafa decided to hit the ROLAND GARROS RAFA button and just steamrolled! 👀

Absolutely nuts!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Sakkari has to be the new favorite after KOing Swiatek

Agree. 

She always looks formidable, but never quite has enough. 

This year is appears that she has enough. 

The people who thought that Serena had a fucking prayer on clay are absolutely delusional. 

Serena has a tiny chance THIS YEAR ALONE on grass if she can serve double-digit aces in every match. If not, there is no fucking way that she will ever win another Slam. 

Who is the GOAT?

Steffi Graf

Martina Navratilova 

Serena Williams

I always preferred Martina and she had to play every fucking tournament to keep the women’s tour alive, but the competition wasn’t that strong beyond the top 3 or 4 players. 

Steffi Graf played pretty much every week, won two Grand Slam cycles in a singular calendar year, and did it all by the age of 30, but had no answer for an in-form Monica Seles, except on grass. 

Serena’s power, and especially her serve seemed to set a new standard in women’s tennis, but she cherry-picked tournaments to be ready for the Grand Slams (like Novak Djokovic), perhaps has used PEDs over the years, needed to reach 34 years of age to hit her Grand Slam total and has shit all over a budding stars first Grand Slam in a move that has triggered depression for said star.  

has shit all over a budding stars first Grand Slam in a move that has triggered depression for said star.  

While I have no love lost for Serena, she’s a drama queen who should have won 30+ singles titles if she actually stayed in shape, this last part is BS. Serena’s actions were awful, but Osaka needs to get the fuck over it. So minor

“Sakkari is Sparta!”

…and like Sparta, she fell. 

The fucking bullshit looking at marks in the dust jackassery…

Krejcikova won the match on a long ball from Sakkari that Hawkeye marked as 19mm long, outside the margin of error by a significant amount, and the chair called it in and on replaying the point, Sakkari won the replay and even went on to a game point. 

Save the coming out of the chair bullshit for the country club, fat humans should have nothing to do with determining whether a ball is in or out. (In tennis or in baseball.)

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

PSA in case anyone else got as confused as I did: the Nadal/Joker match is on NBCSN. My guide says NBC is showing men's semifinals, but they're just showing highlights and the studio show there.

now big NBC has Nadal/Joker on, but it's delayed.  NBCSN is live.

53 minutes ago, HoustonFrog said:

This is all over unless something changes. Djokovic is the better player. Nadal can’t hit four backhands in the court in a row.

Djokovic may be playing better, but Nadal hasn't let him capitalize on any of his opportunities.

I used to hate Nadal because I like Roger.

Nadal of coaching from the stands and questionable nutritional supplements was an avalanche of aggression that Roger simply couldn’t handle.

There was a point where I liked Novak because the enemy of my enemy was my friend…

But now, find Novak to be on or with Serena as the co-Biggest Piece of Shit in tennis. I feel fairly certain that he will pass Roger and Rafa on the Slams Title List and it will produce small bile burps over the years because of it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I used to hate Nadal because I like Roger.
Nadal of coaching from the stands and questionable nutritional supplements was an avalanche of aggression that Roger simply couldn’t handle.
There was a point where I liked Novak because the enemy of my enemy was my friend…
But now, find Novak to be on or with Serena as the co-Biggest Piece of Shit in tennis. I feel fairly certain that he will pass Roger and Rafa on the Slams Title List and it will produce small bile burps over the years because of it. 

Why the hate for Djoker? He’s certainly my least favorite of the big three, but clearly the best. I feel his antics aren’t nearly Serena level…

1 minute ago, HoustonFrog said:

Why the hate for Djoker? He’s certainly my least favorite of the big three, but clearly the best. I feel his antics aren’t nearly Serena level…

On and off the court he has shown to be a piece of shit. 

That’s why the hate. 👍

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

On and off the court he has shown to be a piece of shit. 

That’s why the hate. 👍

On the court he’s a bad mother fucker.  It’s debatable who is the best ever but he is definitely the best now.  Off the court he’s a fucking turd.

On the court he’s a bad mother fucker.  It’s debatable who is the best ever but he is definitely the best now.  Off the court he’s a fucking turd.

I don’t think it’s debatable anymore. But I’ve felt the past two years it was inevitable he would end up as the GOAT. Now he has most weeks at #1, two wins at RG over Nadal, winning record over both and likely steamrolling to another GS. And he’s the youngest of them. I’m guessing he ends at 23-25 GS, Nadal at 21 or 22 and Federer at 21

2 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

Yes, he is absolutely the best right now. 

Being a piece of shit as a human is a characteristic shared by several all-time greats across a range of sports. Novak isn’t unique. 

Golf: Tiger & Michelson (though Lefty is a foothill to Tiger’s golf greatness)

Cycling: Lance, Bernard Hinault, (virtually every great)

Soccer: Diego & Zizu (CR7 & Messi are just annoying)

Baseball: Clemens, Ty Cobb, several but I don’t follow the history enough

Hoops: Jordan, Kobe, probably others…

I feel like POS as a human is a stretch…. Unless I’m missing some serious off court issues.

I can’t begin to compare him to a Tiger Woods who was the biggest asshole on the course, outside the course, was a habitual cheater, and was fucked up a few months ago when he crashed his car double the speed limit.