EPL 2021-22

maninblack

50 minutes ago, ztejas said:

We're going to split the title at this rate. 

Chelsea and Liverpool have had the same scoreline as each other every weekend so far this season

Week1 - Liverpool W 3-0 | Chelsea W 0-3

Week2 - Liverpool W 0-3 | Chelsea W 3-0

Week3 - Liverpool D 1-1 | Chelsea D 1-1

Week4 - Liverpool W 2-0 | Chelsea W 0-2

Week5 - Liverpool W 0-3 | Chelsea W 3-0

Edited by yoladu
** Firemans4Horn - dude, that was spooky

So is Chelsea top of the table technically because of the alphabet? I know they're both tied on points, both have the same scoring differential, both have the same points for and points against, and both have a shared draw thus no head to head advantage. So how exactly would tie breakers work if the season ended today? A one match playoff?

Edited by mdmost

13 hours ago, mdmost said:

So is Chelsea top of the table technically because of the alphabet? I know they're both tied on points, both have the same scoring differential, both have the same points for and points against, and both have a shared draw thus no head to head advantage. So how exactly would tie breakers work if the season ended today? A one match playoff?

Technically Chelsea is ahead because they've score more away goals in our head-to-head meeting(s). But if it were absolutely deadlocked like this at the end of the season, it looks like it'd be a one-match playoff at a neutral ground:

TIEBREAKER RULES

In terms of tiebreakers, here is the order and format in which league position will be sorted by if teams finish level on points:

• Goal difference
  • Goals scored
  • Points won in head-to-head meetings
  • Away goals in head-to-head meetings

If the teams still can’t be separated after the above tiebreakers, a playoff will be arranged (at a neutral ground with the format, timing and venue determined by the Premier League Board).

20 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Tuchel gives no shits. Not playing well? You're off. Dude's gonna win quite a few trophies.

Because of him, I would put Chelsea in the driver's seat to win the EPL this year. We'll know a little more next week, but I would expect them to beat City when they come to London.

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

We're 5 games in, there is a long way for things to shake out.

I mean yeah, we're (me and ztejas) just having a little bit of fun with the current standings and what would happen if the season ended today. The Liverpool annual January swoon approaches. 

10 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

Because of him, I would put Chelsea in the driver's seat to win the EPL this year. We'll know a little more next week, but I would expect them to beat City when they come to London.

United remains the elephant in the room (as much as fucking Man U can occupy that position). They are pretty scary when they are clicking but they probably also have the most implosion potential. 

Also - City started last season slow. Those assholes always have plenty of potential to get the steamroller up and running again. 

Fingers crossed we actually get a fun title race this season. Seems like we will. 

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

Also - City started last season slow. Those assholes always have plenty of potential to get the steamroller up and running again. 

Fingers crossed we actually get a fun title race this season. Seems like we will. 

Difference between last year and this year is that Liverpool isn't relying on their fifth choice CB to get regular minutes, Chelsea has a manager who's not a dumbass (oh and Lukaku), and Man U bought Ronaldo and Varane. There's actual competition for City this year and I don't think they've gotten better.

Add an early season injury crisis and they could easily fall out of the title race before it even gets going. I'm guessing Chelsea smokes them this weekend without even getting out of second gear.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12027/12416807/brazil-call-up-eight-premier-league-players-including-alisson-and-ederson-amid-quarantine-uncertainty

Brazil name Alisson, Ederson, Fabinho, Fred, Gabriel Jesus, Raphinha, Emerson Royal and Thiago Silva in squad for October qualifiers

Do you see any reason why any club would grant a release of a player for Brazil after what they pulled against Argentina?

• Hook 'Em 2