Mind pitching in?

Give me money to go start my adult life? No fuck that, be an adult and figure it out.

Note: not necessarily directed at you personally, but more at the notion that's an acceptable (?) mindset today

Edited by millhouse
Make $3.50 an option and I'll throw you a few bones
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, millhouse said:

Give me money to go start my adult life? No fuck that, be an adult and figure it out.

Note: not necessarily directed at you personally, but more at the notion that's an acceptable (?) mindset today

I'm also looking for a night job too, but I get it. I just wanted some help that's all. I also don't know how to change the lowest amount.

Edited by workswithseed
  • Drool 1

39 minutes ago, bluto said:

So every restaurant in America is in need of servers and instead of busting ass for 2 months and/or cutting your spending you virtual panhandle, and in the name of being able to put money towards a wedding. I’ll pitch in with this comment… Get fucked Trev.

Okay.

Is this for real?  

Don’t be a mooch. Sack up and pay off your debt by your own means even if it means you change your lifestyle for a  short term basis.

By your own words the debt amount is not very large. Paying it off yourself will be one of those life lesson thingamajigs that will be worth more than the debt.  Mooching your way out of it is soft.

She can wait.  And if she doesn’t you have your answer.  

You’re welcome in advance. 

Edited by deadshank
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Maybe this can be the place to come if a person on Surly has a debt problem,  we can help pay off and maybe help fund for a future, invest in something that's a lead pipe lock, like a wedding. 

As for me, I'm starting my boat collection and would appreciate some help. Doing it on my own, with my own money seems foolish.  Please help. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Oh fuck off. The only difference between today and decades ago is that older people had it handed to them without having to ask. Why is it acceptable to have a wedding registry full of kitchen shit, most of which you already own to some extent, but a new home, honeymoon, or student debt fund is off the table?

Nonwithstanding the above, OP asking a bunch of strangers on the internet - surly, at that - for help with a fairly trivial amount of debt is a comically extreme example and absolutely not going to go well.

I had a former work assistant get married a couple of years back, and I got an email asking for a contribution to "honeyfund", so they could take the honeymoon that they dreamed of, but couldn't afford.  What the fuck is that shit? 

Don't support Trevor, instead support my next adventure of crowd sourcing sugar babies.  With your support you will get a chance to pick which sugar babies I meet up with and will get a live stream of them doing kinky shit before I fuck them.  With a minimum donation of Tree Fiddy you can be apart of this adventure.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

I had a former work assistant get married a couple of years back, and I got an email asking for a contribution to "honeyfund", so they could take the honeymoon that they dreamed of, but couldn't afford.  What the fuck is that shit? 

Apparently is the new thing is to send everyone you’ve ever met (and anyone your parents have ever met) a digital  “announcement” with a link to a Go Fund Me or Venmo for their honeymoon or house fund.  According to my cousin (that does wedding planning in East Texas) people always get a few hundred from people they never would have invited and likely haven’t seen in years.  And on the plus side it doesn’t cost anything other than your pride which is why it just feels icky.

3 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

Apparently is the new thing is to send everyone you’ve ever met (and anyone your parents have ever met) a digital  “announcement” with a link to a Go Fund Me or Venmo for their honeymoon or house fund.  According to my cousin (that does wedding planning in East Texas) people always get a few hundred from people they never would have invited and likely haven’t seen in years.  And on the plus side it doesn’t cost anything other than your pride which is why it just feels icky.

About 20 years ago, I had a couple of friends each get married and the church (NOT the couple) did the "Pass the Boot" thing at both of the weddings.  People could drop in however much cash they saw fit to give. They went to the same church (kind of a strange one) and it's sort of a thing there. 

OP, I'm not here to fuck with you, but to offer a suggestion.  I learned today that much of this country would rather stay home than drive for Uber, even with significantly raised rates.  You should be able to come up with $2500 on something like that in a week or two, I'd guess.  Just post up at the airport and wait.  Don't know how long it takes to become a driver but it shouldnt be long.  

• Like 3

If this is a troll, bravo for irritating the living shit out of me.

Go on the surly podcast and tell us why your half-ass pity fund is deserving of our charity.  I’m doubtful your reasoning (uhhhh it will help me out?) will change my mind, but I’ll at least toss you some bucks for actually putting in that minimal amount of effort. 

• Like 1

There is a guy. Who literally posted a pegging video on accident. And then disappeared. And he is more highly thought of than you are right now because of this thread. You posted your personal information. You are probably going to regret this. Surly is a little bit scary. That said, there is actually a path out here. There is one thing that you could do to erase all of this ugly history. Just post a picture of your fiance's cans. Problem solved.