Austin Regional Thread

Horny Bull

12 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

What an incredible and pointless waste of a network. College baseball regionals scream for using every platform they have. Not having ASU v Fairfield on there tonight was stupid. Not having us on is criminal. 

College baseball just isn't that big. ESPN isn't even using the official seeds on their scoreboard. They're going by some other poll which is absolutely retarded. Imagine seeing scores for March Madness with a bunch of teams unranked and the rest going by their AP rankings.

• Rage+1 1

16 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Just the cheap ass ones 

Or the ones who has a father in the hospital he’d like to watch the game with and they have fucking lhn but no. Why would they put Texas on their own fucking channel when they can just squeeze more fucking money out of us. I fucking swear with the last 12 days I’ve had if this fucking game isn’t on lhn I’m gonna….don’t know yet but it’s gonna fucking piss me off. It’s like espn wants to ruin sports. Oh wait they did that 16 years ago nevermind 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

College baseball just isn't that big. ESPN isn't even using the official seeds on their scoreboard. They're going by some other poll which is absolutely retarded. Imagine seeing scores for March Madness with a bunch of teams unranked and the rest going by their AP rankings.

The only reason for not using the seeding is because some viewers are unsure whether the seeding is overall or for the regional. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Who makes the call on moving start times for weather?  NWS still showing a 29% chance of rain in the morning, then about 1pm (current losers' bracket start time) it jumps to 67% until 7pm.  If they move the first game to 11am they probably get it in without much or any delay to our game.  But of course they won't, so we may be looking at a post-10pm start.

With the first game only being ESPN+, there wasn't a tv reason to keep it in the slot.  Seems dumb not to have moved it up.

Edited by clapclapclap

57 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

The only reason for not using the seeding is because some viewers are unsure whether the seeding is overall or for the regional. 

Right but I feel like it doesn't let people follow the bracket ingeniously. If what you're saying is an issue then they could just remove the rankings altogether. But instead they are slapping meaningless rankings on the scoreboard. I'd like to know what the potential super matchups are at a glance but that's impossible with how ESPN has it set up. 

Edited by ztejas

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Right but I feel like it doesn't let people follow the bracket ingeniously. If what you're saying is an issue then they could just remove the rankings altogether. But instead they are slapping meaningless rankings on the scoreboard. I'd like to know what the potential super matchups are at a glance but that's impossible with how ESPN has it set up. 

They are using D1 Baseball's rankings which is who most use. It is what LHN and any other ESPN affiliate has used all year long. In 2018 though they just had a number by the hosts seeded 1-16 and nothing next to the others so not sure why the change.

6 hours ago, ztejas said:

The obvious solution is to always have a 1 next to Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Also on the ESPN baseball scoreboard it has LHN so I think we are good. 

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Also Twitter says LHN

Does this mean that Fletch can put his tissue box down and climb back up on his soapbox claiming that “all of the recruiting board posters” have ruined this baseball board that he founded? This thread needs more whining on that front now that the pain of paying for a $3 app that pappy can’t download is behind us. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

LHN would be so good, no way I'm going to the park for a 10pm game.  my middle aged ass is in bed with drowsy eyes by 9pm these days.  I will participate in the braless white out from bed though.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Fletch said:

It’s fucking 2021, we’re the number 2 overall seed with our own fucking network. Like seriously what the mother fuck!?!?!?

Arguably, putting the game on plus or 3 reaches a wider audience, because unless you have LHN, you apparently can't get it, through plus or anything else.

The thing that annoys me about having to use a stream from espn is that they're glitchy and usually behind, and behind at different rates.  So people on this thread spoil things for other people whose streams are apparently behind.

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, troph said:

LHN would be so good, no way I'm going to the park for a 10pm game.  my middle aged ass is in bed with drowsy eyes by 9pm these days.  I will participate in the braless white out from bed though.

Get a cooler of iced down Bud Light next to the bed and you'll be shitting in high cotton!

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Does this mean that Fletch can put his tissue box down and climb back up on his soapbox claiming that “all of the recruiting board posters” have ruined this baseball board that he founded? This thread needs more whining on that front now that the pain of paying for a $3 app that pappy can’t download is behind us. 

Sweet. Finally got called out by ctj. Have I officially made it!?!? 

And baseball board postseason is like football board all the time. You get the baseball equivalent of “WHY ARENT WE GOING DEEP!?!?” And it’s fucking annoying to read 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Give me a minute. I’ll find something new to bitch about. I blame @Lobo for even mentioning it as a possibility. 

Anyways, lets kick the shit out of Arizona state tonight then polish this shit off tomorrow 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Sweet. Finally got called out by ctj. Have I officially made it!?!? 

And baseball board postseason is like football board all the time. You get the baseball equivalent of “WHY ARENT WE GOING DEEP!?!?” And it’s fucking annoying to read 

Every board is the same. It’s “locals rule!!?!” and a sense of uniqueness the Internet forums over. Recruiting board, basketball board, baseball board, you name it. Same as places like Barking Carnival or Crawfish Boxes or their ilk. God forbid someone not worship solely at the altar of advanced statistics and feel like chaos and human emotion might play roles in performances and managerial decision making. And you’re not a regular there, wherever “there” is? You better not mess up once or we will fucking kill you, and by that I mean crowdsource you.  

I read the boards throughout the year and watch the games. Played the game and did it at an elite level. I enjoy the advanced statistics and the regulars who post. I just don’t see why it’s the end of the world if WinningIsHard or someone else like him shows up with a different POV. You guys fucking melted down on the Big 12 Conf Tourney thread and now it’s turned into the hyperbole of “all of the recruiting board posters” and the premise that that crew isn’t thoughtful. 

It’s worthy of mockery. And hell, I find most of the posts and posters here entertaining or I wouldn’t read them. 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Every board is the same. It’s “locals rule!!?!” and a sense of uniqueness the Internet forums over. Recruiting board, basketball board, baseball board, you name it. Same as places like Barking Carnival or Crawfish Boxes or their ilk. God forbid someone not worship solely at the altar of advanced statistics and feel like chaos and human emotion might play roles in performances and managerial decision making. And you’re not a regular there, wherever “there” is? You better not mess up once or we will fucking kill you, and by that I mean crowdsource you.  

I read the boards throughout the year and watch the games. Played the game and did it at an elite level. I enjoy the advanced statistics and the regulars who post. I just don’t see why it’s the end of the world if WinningIsHard or someone else like him shows up with a different POV. You guys fucking melted down on the Big 12 Conf Tourney thread and now it’s turned into the hyperbole of “all of the recruiting board posters” and the premise that that crew isn’t thoughtful. 

It’s worthy of mockery. And hell, I find most of the posts and posters here entertaining or I wouldn’t read them. 

Oh definitely. And it was more of the outsiders bitching about the conference tournament but who cares. Overreacting at midnight after a long day is peak surly. Shouldn’t we celebrate that? Actually no let’s not. 

I like and respect your passion for Texas Baseball but you are a bit sanctimonious about baseball board posting and flipping your shit at contrarian opinions. Some people can’t or don’t watch all 50-something regular season games and just like to watch the postseason. It’s an exciting time!   

Like, just chill out and enjoy the games with your dad, bro. 

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I like and respect your passion for Texas Baseball but you are a bit sanctimonious about baseball board posting and flipping your shit at contrarian opinions. Some people can’t or don’t watch all 50-something regular season games and just like to watch the postseason. It’s an exciting time!   

Like, just chill out and enjoy the games with your dad, bro. 

Yeah I know. Working on it. Appreciate the constructive criticism. And yeah @Droopy and I share a similar passion to marijuana. It helps with the chilling out part. I think. It should, right? But yeah I get a little jumpy at times. It’s surly. Glad I got a good laugh from ctj this morning along with the good news of lhn pulling through. Let’s end Arizona states season all 2000’s style 🤘

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I see that ctj tunneled his way in here for some reason. 

You think you could keep me out of the baseball forum?! I’m moving in lock, stock, and barrel. 

I’m going to be all over the pool. I’m going to be all over the clubhouse. 

I’m going to be all over that shuffleboard court. And I dare you to keep me out!

• Haha 5

Looks like we'll have a coin toss to determine home team tonight:

For first-round games, the highest-seeded team shall be designated as the home team. In subsequent games, the 
home team shall be determined according to a formula applied by the games committee. In determining which of 
two teams in any game will be the home team, the games committee or the NCAA site representatives uses the 
following guidelines:
1. The institution that has been the home team the fewer number of times in that particular tournament shall be 
designated the home team.
2. If the two teams are equal in this respect but unequal in the number of times they were the visitor, then the 
team that has been the visitor more often will be designated the home team. 
3. If the two teams are equal in the number of times that they have been home and visitor, the games committee 
or the NCAA site representative(s) shall observe the following procedures in the order stated:
a. If the two teams have met previously in that particular tournament, the visitor in the previous game shall 
be the home team in the game in question. 
b. The team that was visitor in its preceding game shall be the home team, unless both teams were visitors 
in their preceding games.
4. If the above procedures do not resolve the matter, the home team shall be determined by a coin toss. The coin 
toss will be held on the field immediately after the game that causes the situation to develop and both coaches 
are to be in attendance. The higher seeded team can determine whether they will call the coin toss, or defer 

26 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Just bought tickets (and parking pass) for today's game. All my kids tournaments are rained out and this is the one game all season I will be able to see in person.

Can't wait and don't care how late it starts. Game on blouses!

You better not be the effin jinx, man.

(I say that, because I really am the jinx and my friends no longer allow me to come to UT baseball games.  I'm lucky when I'm even allowed at the tailgate outside the fence...)

12 minutes ago, utee94 said:

You better not be the effin jinx, man.

(I say that, because I really am the jinx and my friends no longer allow me to come to UT baseball games.  I'm lucky when I'm even allowed at the tailgate outside the fence...)

I have been to a bunch of games in years past and never brought the jinx in the past. I will take myself to parking garage if shit goes south.

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

Looks like we'll have a coin toss to determine home team tonight:

For first-round games, the highest-seeded team shall be designated as the home team. In subsequent games, the 
home team shall be determined according to a formula applied by the games committee. In determining which of 
two teams in any game will be the home team, the games committee or the NCAA site representatives uses the 
following guidelines:
1. The institution that has been the home team the fewer number of times in that particular tournament shall be 
designated the home team.
2. If the two teams are equal in this respect but unequal in the number of times they were the visitor, then the 
team that has been the visitor more often will be designated the home team. 
3. If the two teams are equal in the number of times that they have been home and visitor, the games committee 
or the NCAA site representative(s) shall observe the following procedures in the order stated:
a. If the two teams have met previously in that particular tournament, the visitor in the previous game shall 
be the home team in the game in question. 
b. The team that was visitor in its preceding game shall be the home team, unless both teams were visitors 
in their preceding games.
4. If the above procedures do not resolve the matter, the home team shall be determined by a coin toss. The coin 
toss will be held on the field immediately after the game that causes the situation to develop and both coaches 
are to be in attendance. The higher seeded team can determine whether they will call the coin toss, or defer 

Sounds good to me. It won’t hurt Arizona states chances 

0B24857C-B5E0-494C-89EC-989BCD808C36.jpeg

You must be new here.  I'm kidding, please don't wall of text me.

• Haha 2

You think you could keep me out of the baseball forum?! I’m moving in lock, stock, and barrel. 

I’m going to be all over that shuffleboard court. And I dare you to keep me out!

Leonardo Dicaprio Face GIF

• Haha 2

• Hook 'Em 1

Guest Lobo

I hope they at least realize we don't actually have to have 2+ hours between games.  We can still start ASU/TEX at a reasonable hour, even on time.  

Who gives a fuck about who is here and who isn’t?

I prefer this be all about our regional.

• Hook 'Em 1