Austin Regional Thread

Horny Bull

1 hour ago, XOVERX said:

Fairfield started Cafaro today, and he only lasted 2 innings before giving way to four others.

One of those 4 was Sansone, who is one of Fairfield’s top pitchers, leading them in Ks.

Their top ERA guy is Grabek and Noviello leads in wins.

Noviello went 5 innings on Saturday and Grabek went 1 inning. McLoughlin started and went 6 innings on Friday with Sansone closing with 2 innings. Noviello looks unlikely.

I’m guessing Grabek gets the start tonight and he might have some arm left. Sansone and Cafaro looks like early relief, which we hope they need.

Regardless,  if we don't score a lot of runs (points) early, I'm going to freak the fuck out,  question our AD and demand our coach is fired... might yell at a cloud or two.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Machinator said:

We are the road team by NCAA rule.

2 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Such a stupid rule. Win both games, be in the winner's bracket and be the host and you end up as visiting team? WTF?

Yeah, seriously. What's the rule ... that the unbeaten team has to be the visitor when playing the 1-loss team, or is it something else?

Just now, wood said:

Yeah, seriously. What's the rule ... that the unbeaten team has to be the visitor when playing the 1-loss team, or is it something else?

It’s so that the winners bracket team gets to be home team if needed for the final game. 

Guest Lobo

Central Savings Time. Oh wait, that's my bank.  

Erbeck is a big cat, 6-3, 210#.  He does average 1.5 K's/inning though.  ;)  

They still have 3 or 4 arms that haven't gotten any work this weekend, curious to see how it all pans out.  

But if there's somebody here that wants to tell us how underrated the rest of their staff is, speak now.  Let's get it all out in the open.  Including who can throw us off our baserunning prowess ;)  

If there's a voice of caution as we take the next turn towards Omaha...say it now.  Because we're winning 15-2 otherwise.  You had a fun little season Stags, but abandon all hope, ye who enter here. 

Edited by Lobo

Just now, shadow_operative said:

maybe they think our hitters will be confused and psyched out by facing someone who can't pitch? i dunno. fuck em either way. let's get to these Supers!! 🤘🏼 

Maybe a DKR “hell he can’t be any worse!!!”