Solasta Crown of the Magister

Hozz

This was a Kickstarter and in early access on Steam for a while.  It got released last week I think.  Game is from a small studio and this is their debut title.

I started playing it Saturday and it has me hooked big time.  It is a turn based CRPG based on DnD 5e.  The most recent game I'd compare it to is Pathfinder Kingmaker but in turn based mode.  Brand new world, ie. not Forgotten Realms which it seems like hosted every DnD game of the last 20 years.  The cut scene graphics are pretty low end but the combat and the game systems are well done.  I have not run across any bugs.

If you like turn based combat in a fantasy setting this is well worth the $32 they are charging for it on Steam.  

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 year later...

They have a new campaign out for like $15 and the general consensus is that it is better than the original.  I just started playing yesterday.  They have also added Sorcerer, Barbarian and Druids as classes (Bard/Druid for $$$, Sorcerer free)

• 11 months later...

Another new $15 campaign recently released, Palace of Ice.  High level campaign that is basically a sequel to the campaign in the main game where as the first expansion DLC was a stand alone.  If you liked the base game I think you would like both of the DLC.