Old (M. Knight Shyamalan trigger warning)

Parliament

I just read the plot on wikipedia, there is a main character in the movie who is a rapper named "Mid-Sized Sedan."
Yes there is....and his presence is fucking stupid and adds to the laughable factor about the premise of this movie

• 1 month later...

I ended up seeing it.  It's not good.  The acting was some of the worst I've ever seen.  It's literally "The Room" level bad acting.  Like aliens who've briefly observed humanity directed the movie, directing the actors the way they sort of think humans act and behave through the filter of an intergalactic language and culture barrier.

Honestly it felt like there was potentially a good idea for a cool psychological thriller there that was wasted.

Edited by Tom
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 8 months later...

Bump. We just watched this on a whim. It was pretty bad. There was lots of potential but the story went nowhere and the final resolution was really really meh and was like 10 minutes of the whole movie. The acting was dogshit as well.

Also some dumb plot holes, but I was expecting that.

• Hook 'Em 3

This just dropped on HBO so I watched it. It’s not the worst MNS movie, but that’s a pretty low bar. The premise is so far-fetched that the twist is underwhelming.

The beach is some sort of freak of nature location that causes people to age quickly because of…magnetic rocks or something, so some pharma company uses it to accelerate drug trials by tricking sick people into coming there and spiking their drinks.

2 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Bump. We just watched this on a whim. It was pretty bad. There was lots of potential but the story went nowhere and the final resolution was really really meh and was like 10 minutes of the whole movie. The acting was dogshit as well.

Also some dumb plot holes, but I was expecting that.

Agree.  The concept would have been cool had M. Knight or anyone else thought to edit the writing.  Some of it was cool; a lot of it was nonsensical.

2 hours ago, DougO said:

Some big deal producer should hire M Knight to direct a new movie and let him do his thing. Then edit it as a comedy having never told him. It would probably be brilliant.

Like Vinne’s boy Walsh, M Night demands final cut. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/4/2021 at 8:14 AM, Tom said:

People like to shit on Signs, but I can't think of another movie I've ever seen in a theater on an opening weekend with more energy in the air or people on the edge of their seat the whole time.  People lost their minds at the swing away scene.  That was an electric movie going experience.

the alien reveal in Mexico City was pretty fantastic moviemaking (Spielberg-esque)..

but yeah.. his films leave me mostly flat.