the USFL is back

Sandman

18 minutes ago, Hozz said:

Joel Klatt is on the call and the first game is also on the local NBC affiliate, so 3 network coverage for the debut.  On Easter Sunday they are having three games in three time slots on NBC USA FS1.  Some of the games are on Peacock too.  Pretty cool to have a football option on Easter.  Hopefully this league will fare better than AAFL and XFL did.  

XFL is coming back next season and has partnered with the NFL. Hopefully USFL can do the same. They'll have a few rules that the NFL wants to test out. 

I just got tickets to the opening game tomorrow between the Stallions and the Generals. 32 bucks for two after all the Ticketmaster Handling Fee for the Convenience Fee plus Miscellaneous Fee.

Will do a recon of the game and the new stadium, plus possible thoughts on the neighboring City-Government-Established Entertainment District, which from my car looks like an airport bar area minus the planes and runways, but perhaps a foot patrol will reveal hidden depths of character.

On 4/15/2022 at 12:53 PM, RDCanecutter said:

I just got tickets to the opening game tomorrow between the Stallions and the Generals. 32 bucks for two after all the Ticketmaster Handling Fee for the Convenience Fee plus Miscellaneous Fee.

Will do a recon of the game and the new stadium, plus possible thoughts on the neighboring City-Government-Established Entertainment District, which from my car looks like an airport bar area minus the planes and runways, but perhaps a foot patrol will reveal hidden depths of character.

Every game in one stadium? What's the rationale behind that nonsense? Birmingham will have a home game every game. If they don't win it, then they suck.

On 4/15/2022 at 12:53 PM, RDCanecutter said:

2 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

I already like this league more than the NBA.

Of course, that is a low bar.

I’m digging the camera work, although it needs a little improvement.

Not a fan of the camera on the field shit. 

Some shots had to be from a guy on the field, moving through players as they had broken a huddle and were trying to move around the idiot to get to their spaces. 

I was just thinking: “Get that fucking regard off the field and let’s see how the players and defense are lining up!”

Innovative… and regarded.

3 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Not a fan of the camera on the field shit. 

Some shots had to be from a guy on the field, moving through players as they had broken a huddle and were trying to move around the idiot to get to their spaces. 

I was just thinking: “Get that fucking regard off the field and let’s see how the players and defense are lining up!”

Innovative… and regarded.

It's a drone camera. You'll see it flying around at times in the wide shots. There's no one on the field.

50 minutes ago, Underdog said:

There was a cameraman on the field with a steady cam like you see in the NFL. 

I never saw that. I saw the drones and the announcers referring to the drone shots when they were shown. It would help if they were in HD but they were low resolution shots. I thought it was kind of gimmicky and didn’t add much. Seems like an even less mobile object out there like a guy with a steadicam is just asking for trouble unless he’s so safely out of the way of the action that it wouldn’t make sense to use him.

The helmet cam doesn’t work. It’s too chaotic. It could use some digital steadicam technology but I’m not sure even that would make it watchable. 

5 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

It's a drone camera. You'll see it flying around at times in the wide shots. There's no one on the field.

The camera angle I was talking about was about 4 1/2 to 5 feet off the ground and going between players from a couple of feet away. 

That wasn’t a dome camera. 🤷‍♂️