2021 NBA Offseason Thread: Business as Usual? -- Trades/Free Agency/Retirements/Etc.

Patrick Bateman

12 hours ago, Llogg said:

Lowry was the 3rd or 4th best player on a team that didn't do shit last year. He's worth $30M per for multiple years? Tfoh

Yeah, this really seems to be teams thinking he will bring a  CP3 impact to their team.    Which is wild cause I would have serious reservations giving CP3 that kinda contract at his age so I damn sure wouldn't be anxious to do it for the knock-off version of CP3

• Like 1

And someone will do it, and I suspect it’ll help some you team that needs a veteran. Maybe not quite as impactful as Paul.

I wouldn’t want him for 35 for multiple years. But 2 years at 30? Like for my team Dallas? He’d help fix a few flaws for sure.

31 minutes ago, Drew said:

And someone will do it, and I suspect it’ll help some you team that needs a veteran. Maybe not quite as impactful as Paul.

I wouldn’t want him for 35 for multiple years. But 2 years at 30? Like for my team Dallas? He’d help fix a few flaws for sure.

I dont really get why DAL would need him anyway.   He's not going to have the ball and that would be the way for him to be most effective.   

1 hour ago, Llogg said:

I'd give Lowry 3 years at 20 per but I wouldn't smile doing it. Dallas isn't one player away, so bringing him in on that salary for 2 years is meaningless.

Would get us through the KP years. Don't see how the Mavs win big until KP is gone.

Lowry shoots 40% from 3, is a secondary ball handler and not a complete liability on defense. 

The other options are overpaying Lonzo or maybe John Collins. 

3 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Would get us through the KP years. Don't see how the Mavs win big until KP is gone.

Lowry shoots 40% from 3, is a secondary ball handler and not a complete liability on defense. 

The other options are overpaying Lonzo or maybe John Collins. 

If Lonzo's reworked shooting motion carries over, I would take him over Lowry right now. Though, he might be able to play off the ball as well as Lowry can right now.

11 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

🤣

Morey is really wilding.   Its like he thinks no one watched the playoffs or that the whole world has amnesia.   And I like Simmons.  A LOT!

Edited by d2o

35 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Or they're not serious about trading him.

If they’re not, they should be.

After what happened vs Atlanta, Philly cannot go into next season with him on the roster.  They just can’t.  Philly fans would be absolutely brutal towards him at home games and it would be a circus.

18 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

If they’re not, they should be.

After what happened vs Atlanta, Philly cannot go into next season with him on the roster.  They just can’t.  Philly fans would be absolutely brutal towards him at home games and it would be a circus.

Not so much.   Fans are fickle.   If he actually works on his game and comes out playing well next yr all will be forgiven.........until he stinks again of course

26 minutes ago, d2o said:

Not so much.   Fans are fickle.   If he actually works on his game and comes out playing well next yr all will be forgiven.........until he stinks again of course

supposedly the philly front office hasn't been able to reach him this summer.  doesn't feel like he's spending the summer working on his game. 

6 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

supposedly the philly front office hasn't been able to reach him this summer.  doesn't feel like he's spending the summer working on his game. 

Thats been the persistent rumor that he doesnt work on his game so its definitely possible.

He's prolly been somewhere laid up with her:

Maya Jama

And I cannot be totally mad at that.

2 hours ago, d2o said:

I mean, he barely looks like he's worked on his game since his one year at LSU, so why start now? 

12 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Lakers get some great shooting.....

Wait just a minute!!!!  Westy is owed 91-92m over the next 2 years (assuming he takes advantage of his PO), which is a ton, but man that's a light load coming back.  I guess financial flexibility.  Shows the Supermax doesn't always help these mid-market teams.

20 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

wonder where lonzo will end up?  if i was a team with some cap space, i'd take a shot on him.

I would gladly take him back on the Lakers. I did not want him shipped out in the Davis trade because I do not believe you give up on point guards that early. I realize he had to be included in that deal, but I’d take him back yesterday.

49 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Wait just a minute!!!!  Westy is owed 91-92m over the next 2 years (assuming he takes advantage of his PO), which is a ton, but man that's a light load coming back.  I guess financial flexibility.  Shows the Supermax doesn't always help these mid-market teams.

We were both just saying that Russ wouldn't be in WAS much longer.   I knew the Lakers were going to be big name hunting but that is a lot to give up for a guy that WAS pretty clearly wanted out of anyway.

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Oh boy..... Morey and Brand just blasting fantasy basketball offers.

In a few weeks he will be coming with that Ainge shit about how close they were to getting something done.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, d2o said:

We were both just saying that Russ wouldn't be in WAS much longer.   I knew the Lakers were going to be big name hunting but that is a lot to give up for a guy that WAS pretty clearly wanted out of anyway.

Lakers are all in for the next few years. They will worry about the future later on. Those guys they are getting rid of are not huge factors to them winning a title right now. Washington did not get some haul if that is all they get for RW. 

6 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Lakers are all in for the next few years. They will worry about the future later on. Those guys they are getting rid of are not huge factors to them winning a title right now. Washington did not get some haul if that is all they get for RW. 

Its WAY more than they should have got for a guy they clearly didnt want.    And they can use all of those guys to make other deals.   And if they really are on Simmons for Beal this clears the way for that too.

EDIT:   And if you think about it further they got out of what was supposed to be an untradeable contract in John Wall and turned it into multiple guys with tradeable deals and a 1st tonight.   I bet the WAS GM couldn't accept that offer fast enough.

Edited by d2o