Battlefield 2042

Doc Reeves

sorry if already posted. 

Looks to be a solid entry. 

EA and DICE will formally announce the new Battlefield game on June 9, but ahead of that, what appears to be some screenshots from the military shooter have emerged.

The images were posted to Imgur. They show off what may be the first look at gameplay, and perhaps most notably, the images seem to suggest that the game is set in the modern day or near future, as had been rumored. One of the images contains a disclaimer about pre-alpha footage, so even if these images are real, they may not be representative of the final product. One particularly dramatic image shows what looks like a sandstorm overtaking a city; another screen shows a player in a tank moving through a city at night.

The Battlefield series hasn't featured modern-day combat since 2015's Battlefield Hardline, as Battlefield 1 and Battlefield V took place during World War I and WWII respectively.

EA has begun to tease the new Battlefield game by sending a viral message to influencers that says, "War is the only way home."

The new Battlefield game, whatever it's called, will be formally announced on June 9. It remains to be seen if it will show up at E3 2021 days later, however. Electronic Arts is not formally attending the show, instead opting to host its own EA Play Live event in July.

A rumor has suggested that the new Battlefield game could come to Xbox Game Pass. In that case, and if it's at E3, it could potentially show up at the Xbox briefing--but this is only speculation.

EA CEO Andrew Wilson recently hyped the game, saying, "I think it's going to be huge. Battlefield is such a great franchise. It's been a number of years since we've been in the market with that game."

The biggest development team in franchise history is working on the new Battlefield, with DICE, DICE LA, EA Gothenburg, and Criterion working on the title. EA management has said the game could have more of a live service element that before.

In addition to the new Battlefield game for console and PC, EA's Industrial Toys studio is creating the franchise's first mobile game for release in 2022.

In other news, the Activision executive who helped launch Call of Duty: Warzone has left the publisher to become the new boss of Battlefield at EA.

Edited by Doc Reeves
  • Like 1

• Doc Reeves changed the title to Battlefield 2042
  • 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Superhero said:

So excited, I've put in THOUSANDS of hours on BF1942, BF2, BF3, BF4 and BF1.

Gonna try to run the new Battlefield on my 10 year old rig (that I bought for BF3).

image.png.6f127f0fc9fc9e1861c464e352ec524a.png

10 years old? What does your system look like? Might work as reqs have plateaued a bit but shit man get yourself a new one.

I enjoyed both I and V. Have played 2 and 2142 extensively. In between (bad company, 3, 4) I didn't play much.

I sold my rig fairly recently. Been kind of itching to get back into gaming, though. It's been over a year now. 

This entry seems like it will be solid. Like I said, I enjoyed the last 2 enough. They have a good formula. 

Edited by ztejas

• 2 months later...

This one looks to be great again.

I’ve played every BF game in existence a ton, I really tried to like 1(the recent 1) and V but they just weren’t my thing. Maybe it’s that I’ve played too many old WW2 games recently but they staled pretty quickly.

I’m super pumped watching the videos of 2042. Like the modern day weapons and vehicles with a touch of the future to them

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Played a couple rounds today on the PS5. This map seems WAAAAYY too big for the amount of players. Definitley has a BF4 vibe to it,IMHO. Realized halfway through the 2nd game how to use the attatchments option they've been advertising. Overall it's pretty fun for only playing on one map, and to get out of the COD rut everyone seems to be stuck in.  

They went a bit harder on the vehicles on this iteration, complete with calling in-vehicle airdrops on command for everybody. So I think you can expect the map sizes to be roughly like this for all the Conquest maps. Hazard Zone will be smaller with the Breakthrough (or whatever they're calling it this time) and Rush maps to be larger.

• 1 month later...

Much better than the beta, thankfully because I was near canceling my order it was so bad

Like portal so we can go back to the BC2 maps

Still getting used to 2042 though. And the bugs are an issue currently. I keep getting the respawn timer bug and the bug where my firearm is disassembled in front of me while firing…

On 11/15/2021 at 4:27 PM, Speedtrucker said:

Much better than the beta, thankfully because I was near canceling my order it was so bad

Like portal so we can go back to the BC2 maps

Still getting used to 2042 though. And the bugs are an issue currently. I keep getting the respawn timer bug and the bug where my firearm is disassembled in front of me while firing…

Was thinking about getting it. How’s it been since the first update? I’ve seen people say the drop sucked but maybe in a month or so from different updates it’ll be a good game

If you want it for portal so you can play BF3 and BC2 maps, it’s really fun.

Bf2042 is a bit of a mess though. Bugs pretty consistently and patch #1 was more about the shield and server lag, not really fixing the glaring issues.

I’m a die hard BF player that thought BF1 played well but bored me, BF5 was pretty bad to me. This is just like BF4 unprepared for now.

But it really irks me that the teams are mirror images of each other though, the same 8 characters on both side.