2021 transfer RB Keilan Robinson

Getafix

This gruntles my soul.

Too many times I've seen a Texas player break into the clear. He'd give it everything he had before being tracked down by a DB from across the field. I'd be excited by the 25 yard gain, but wonder why he got caught.

Texas now has several players across multiple positions that simply outrun the defense. Somebody might be able to catch him eventually, but not over the 100 yards that make up the playing surface.

5 minutes ago, GoldAppleCorps said:

This gruntles my soul.

Too many times I've seen a Texas player break into the clear. He'd give it everything he had before being tracked down by a DB from across the field. I'd be excited by the 25 yard gain, but wonder why he got caught.

Texas now has several players across multiple positions that simply outrun the defense. Somebody might be able to catch him eventually, but not over the 100 yards that make up the playing surface.

It’s pretty incredible to think that our last coach didn’t value speed on offense. He legitimately didn’t understand it was important. Just unbelievable. 

32 minutes ago, GoldAppleCorps said:

This gruntles my soul.

Much as I loved the kid, that was the Tre Watson experience in a nutshell.

I don't want to start calling names because frankly Jamaal Charles and maybe Jordan Shipley are the last two players I recall with speed to house it on a breakaway.

Having those players on the field makes a DC hesitant to call zeros. With no layers to a defense, one block or a broken tackle means hearing Texas Fight. They make everybody's job easier.

Edited by GoldAppleCorps
I'm slighting Marquise Goodwin. He had the speed, but not the scheme.
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, GoldAppleCorps said:

I don't want to start calling names because frankly Jamaal Charles and maybe Jordan Shipley are the last two players I recall with speed to house it on a breakaway.

Having those players on the field makes a DC hesitant to call zeros. With no layers to a defense, one block or a broken tackle means hearing Texas Fight. They make everybody's job easier.

Duvernay had speed.  As did Daje Johnson. But overall, yeah, we have not valued it enough.

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

Insert gif here of Keontay Ingram breaking into the open field with no one within 10 yards of him.... and tackled 10 yards later. 

his problem was injury prone and the fumbles, not top end speed.

i mean if you limited points to allocate to a madden player who either break for home runs on 1st down, or who could move the chain every 3rd down, you take the latter.

15 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Gaining 20 lbs and getting chased down by defensive linemen was kind of an issue. I wouldn't even call it top end speed, just speed. 

I watched a little of him at USC and he looks to have shed some weight. 

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

i mean if you limited points to allocate to a madden player who either break for home runs on 1st down, or who could move the chain every 3rd down, you take the latter.

Ingram is definitely speed deficient. He's good enough to wiggle his way to some extra yards, but he made Roschon look fast by comparison.

Ingram < Roschon/Bijan << Keilan when it comes to breakaway speed

30 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Ingram is definitely speed deficient. He's good enough to wiggle his way to some extra yards, but he made Roschon look fast by comparison.

Ingram < Roschon/Bijan << Keilan when it comes to breakaway speed

57 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Gaining 20 lbs and getting chased down by defensive linemen was kind of an issue. I wouldn't even call it top end speed, just speed. 

I watched a little of him at USC and he looks to have shed some weight. 

hes lacking speed fo sho.  what i meant was if he was strong and explosive like cedric benson, thats enough for all the world.  but he was neither.

• 9 months later...