Austin Super Regional Thread

Horndog

Guest Lobo

Fuck it, they pulled off something huge in Florida's house.  Let 'em have all their fun.  Literally right about now, it's sinking in as they're watching tape on our pitching staff...how fucked they are.  Their rotation/back-end bullpen is not that bad, it's gonna give us more fits than Southern/ASU/Fairfield.  But they're just not gonna be able to hit us.  They'll get hot for a few innings in one game, but for 18-27 innings...they're fucked.  Whatever cloud they were up on yesterday has come back down to Earth.......

particularly for that blonde-haired dude trying to crawl out lower left with his right elbow in the mound dirt who is saying to himself, "Burritos and milk for breakfast was a horrible mistake."  

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Was that the year that Fresno st made that crazy-ass run to the title?

2012 was Stony Brook beating LSU in red stick.  Fresno State was 2008.   I have no idea who the other 2 #4 seeds he was referring to.

46 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Fuck it, they pulled off something huge in Florida's house.  Let 'em have all their fun.  Literally right about now, it's sinking in as they're watching tape on our pitching staff...how fucked they are.  Their rotation/back-end bullpen is not that bad, it's gonna give us more fits than Southern/ASU/Fairfield.  But they're just not gonna be able to hit us.  They'll get hot for a few innings in one game, but for 18-27 innings...they're fucked.  Whatever cloud they were up on yesterday has come back down to Earth.......

particularly for that blonde-haired dude trying to crawl out lower left with his right elbow in the mound dirt who is saying to himself, "Burritos and milk for breakfast was a horrible mistake."  

Literally?

According to Wikipedia: Stony Brook became the third #4 seed ever to win a Super Regional, joining Missouri in 2006 and Fresno State in 2008.

Aggy did get to beat #4 Steph Curry U in their Super Regional back in 2017 where they pulled the old familiar 2-n-Q to bring their CWS win haul to a whopping 2-12 spot.  For those of you keeping score at home that's 4 of the old familiars and 2 1-n-dones across all 6 appearances. #baller

Michigan's 2019 run was as a #3 seed.

Members of the 20 Club - 20 or more trips to the CWS:

Texas - 36

Miami (Fl) - 25

Florida State - 23

Arizona State - 22

Southern Cal - 21

Oklahoma State - 20

Only one of those is still alive this year.  

Others still alive:

LSU - 18

Arizona - 17

Stanford - 16

Miss St. - 11

Arkansas - 10

Ole Miss - 5

Tennessee, Texas Tech, Vanderbilt, Virginia - 4

North Carolina State, Notre Dame - 2

Dallas Baptist, East Carolina, South Florida - 0

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, BonzoMontreaux said:

Baseball Gods should smite the Pigs in perpetuity for that Omahogs shit.

Yep.  I'm embarrassed for them.  They've never won a national championship in baseball, yet they thought that was a good idea.

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

Members of the 20 Club - 20 or more trips to the CWS:

Texas - 36

Miami (Fl) - 25

Florida State - 23

Arizona State - 22

Southern Cal - 21

Oklahoma State - 20

Only one of those is still alive this year.  

Others still alive:

LSU - 18

Arizona - 17

Stanford - 16

Miss St. - 11

Arkansas - 10

Ole Miss - 5

Tennessee, Texas Tech, Vanderbilt, Virginia - 4

North Carolina State, Notre Dame - 2

Dallas Baptist, East Carolina, South Florida - 0

Not mentioned here but worth pointing out... In 4 trips to the CWS the West Texas Dirt Monkeys (Coach Slocum on a Mobile reference) have managed to win twice as many games in Omaha as their gomer counterparts.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BonzoMontreaux said:

I was hoping they would lose that game 7 so we could photoshop a picture of that into Nomahogs.

Finally got my tickets as well.  8 rows up looking straight down the 3rd base line

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, BonzoMontreaux said:

27 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

PxNxoQ.gif

Yeah I was about to say...how would you be able to tell?

6 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

We have the second most and own every other record aside from finals appearances. We are 6-6 and USC is 12-2. If USC is Alabama in baseball (and they are), we are USC in football. 

Ehhhhhhh if they were the bama of baseball they’d be back by now. We’re Texas. We’re the bama of baseball. No, LSU getting rolling in the 90’s doesn’t make you the best you roided up corrupt piece of shit glorified juco

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, BonzoMontreaux said:

It’s typical them. Just like tech and aggy and tcu and baylor  Just want to be us soooo bad but they aren’t and never will be. It would be sad if these people weren’t such pieces of shit. Brings me great joy whenever those cocksuckers lose knowing, yet again, their season is over. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Ehhhhhhh if they were the bama of baseball they’d be back by now. We’re Texas. We’re the bama of baseball. No, LSU getting rolling in the 90’s doesn’t make you the best you roided up corrupt piece of shit glorified juco

Lsu is the Florida state of baseball.   Bertman is Bowden. 

30 minutes ago, Fletch said:

How about were the Texas of baseball and all others should be compared to us. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

How about were the Texas of baseball and all others should be compared to us. 

That’s the way I do it. Apparently beeper and some others feel differently. That’s ok. Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion. But his opinion is wrong here 

2 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Just got my tickets email!  Woo-hoo!  Section 9, Row 7.  Seems pretty good.

2 hours ago, 4th and 5 said:

Section 7, sweet!

Same seats for me as last weekend in Sec 8.  I was actually hoping to be a few rows up, but can't complain about row 3 I guess.

9 minutes ago, Cajun said:

This.

We aren't they anything of College Baseball except Texas.  

All that needs to be said.

Yeah this is the only “big 3” sport where we can confidently say “fuck you, we’re Texas!”

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

ok

boomer

We need to get rid of these pussy ass baseball gloves too. Mordecai Three Finger Brown threw 16 complete games in 19-dickety-6 and he didn’t have one beyond a worn out old bull scrotum he fashioned into a glove. 

the pussification of baseball continues unabated. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5