Austin Super Regional Thread

Horndog

this team is pretty complete.  the only small concern I have is we haven't really seen a murders row of pitching the last couple of weeks.  this will be a pretty big step up.  that said we did do a good job of scoring runs against most of said pitching.

we don't have a taylor jungmann but we have 3 very good starters and 3-4 pretty damn good pen guys.  we win that first game in Omaha, look out.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Most fan bases would say their team being a flaming pile of shit is the worst  thing for them, but no, for aggy Texas winning and SEC losing is absolutely the worst for them. 

Expect nothing less.

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:
28 minutes ago, Machinator said:
No re-seed. We face the winner of ND-Mississippi State.

And Vandy is in the opposite bracket

Honestly I’d rather they be in our bracket. That way you can’t face both Rocker and Leiter and get eliminated. But if they have those guys lined up for the championship series best 2 out of 3? I feel like they’d be favored against anyone. 

9 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Most fan bases would say their team being a flaming pile of shit is the worst  thing for them, but no, for aggy Texas winning and SEC losing is absolutely the worst for them. 

I can understand that Texas’ success hurts them terribly but to be gravely disappointed that your conference foes lose is some real beta, pussy shit. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

I can understand that Texas’ success hurts them terribly but to be gravely disappointed that your conference foes lose is some real beta, pussy shit. 

tenor (22).gif

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, mininghorn88 said:

A&M should be used to it by now being that this is the 37th trip for the Horns.  aggy gonna aggy.

they can always fall back on "yeah but SEC teams in total have more appearances than Texas".  its the only reason they joined that conference, they want so badly to be in the cool kids club.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Honestly I’d rather they be in our bracket. That way you can’t face both Rocker and Leiter and get eliminated. But if they have those guys lined up for the championship series best 2 out of 3? I feel like they’d be favored against anyone. 

this is a good point.  if they make it, they'll be pitching game 1 and 2 and no one will give us a chance, which is exactly where we want them.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Cajun said:

/csb time—

Before the game started I was sitting first row on the LF line.  UCF guys were warming up, taking fungo, etc.  Some coach wanders over right in front of me and picks up a fledgling bird against the wall on the field.  The UCF guys come over to see including the short left fielder with his shirt unbuttoned to his diaphragm.  Everybody was all smiles and shit, so I saw my opening and said, “Hey, are you all big Tom Jones fans?” The players all gave blank stares but the coach with the bird stated laughing and walked away shaking his head.

I think I rattles ‘em.

/csb

That little fucker got going starting in the ninth inning last night and kept it going today. He was definitely their bright spot. 

random observation…last time Tennessee made the cws was 2005. That was an enjoyable cws. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Cajun said:

/csb time—

Before the game started I was sitting first row on the LF line.  UCF guys were warming up, taking fungo, etc.  Some coach wanders over right in front of me and picks up a fledgling bird against the wall on the field.  The UCF guys come over to see including the short left fielder with his shirt unbuttoned to his diaphragm.  Everybody was all smiles and shit, so I saw my opening and said, “Hey, are you all big Tom Jones fans?” The players all gave blank stares but the coach with the bird stated laughing and walked away shaking his head.

I think I rattled ‘em.

/csb

*USF

I also don’t get the Tom Jones reference at all either, I doubt anyone under 50 would. You might as well have asked them if their refridgerator was running. 

Edited by Helobious
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

They have traded an identity wrapped up in wanting to beat UT and wanting to BE UT, for an identity wrapped up in the success of their conference.

Still no identity of their own.

• Hook 'Em 1