Austin Super Regional Thread

Horndog

I had a blast.

Except for the dude on the left that tried to lift my yeti rambler that was sitting under my seat, next to a Super Regionals shirt in a bag. I came back from the restroom to see jackass on the left walking away with it in his hand. Dude sitting next to me (FUCKING HOOK 'EM if you're reading this) calls him out in front of me. I got my shit back, and got to see my Horns win.

FUCK THIEVES

Screenshot-20210614-004019-Video-Player.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 2

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Why? Because of the girlishly small number of jalapeño slices? I would be ashamed, too.

Yes, I do regret that.  They used to let you get your own, but I guess now all you get is a little container that’s holding barely enough to spit on.  What I regret even more is that I ate all of those 24 year old stale as a dinosaur bone tortilla chips.

5 hours ago, Cajun said:

/csb time—

Before the game started I was sitting first row on the LF line.  UCF guys were warming up, taking fungo, etc.  Some coach wanders over right in front of me and picks up a fledgling bird against the wall on the field.  The UCF guys come over to see including the short left fielder with his shirt unbuttoned to his diaphragm.  Everybody was all smiles and shit, so I saw my opening and said, “Hey, are you all big Tom Jones fans?” The players all gave blank stares but the coach with the bird stated laughing and walked away shaking his head.

I think I rattled ‘em.

/csb

Albert Finney laughed too.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Cajun said:

/csb time—

Before the game started I was sitting first row on the LF line.  UCF guys were warming up, taking fungo, etc.  Some coach wanders over right in front of me and picks up a fledgling bird against the wall on the field.  The UCF guys come over to see including the short left fielder with his shirt unbuttoned to his diaphragm.  Everybody was all smiles and shit, so I saw my opening and said, “Hey, are you all big Tom Jones fans?” The players all gave blank stares but the coach with the bird stated laughing and walked away shaking his head.

I think I rattled ‘em.

/csb

E9249E7A-5E85-4811-8121-D6D867E1FB92.jpeg

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Underdog said:

There “may” be better college ballparks out there but this is the Crown jewel IMO.  

There was a TikTok video of a couple Tech players walking around right after getting to town. They said it’s old, but still very badass. Iconic. Or something like that 

7 hours ago, Cajun said:

/csb time—

I think I rattled ‘em.

/csb

Reminds me of the time i was at camp as a teen and the wanna be cool camp director, on a mic, asked everyone, "Who here likes Minnie Pearl?"  At that time i had no clue nor did any other teenager in the room know who in the hell that was.  Good times, i think.    

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, SurlyBDR said:

I had a blast.

Except for the dude on the left that tried to lift my yeti rambler that was sitting under my seat, next to a Super Regionals shirt in a bag. I came back from the restroom to see jackass on the left walking away with it in his hand. Dude sitting next to me (FUCKING HOOK 'EM if you're reading this) calls him out in front of me. I got my shit back, and got to see my Horns win.

FUCK THIEVES

Screenshot-20210614-004019-Video-Player.

Punchable face thread is that way ->

7 hours ago, Helobious said:

*USF

I also don’t get the Tom Jones reference at all either, I doubt anyone under 50 would. You might as well have asked them if their refridgerator was running. 

Under 50, I get it.  Sorry you are uncultured.

• Hook 'Em 4

7 hours ago, Helobious said:

*USF

I also don’t get the Tom Jones reference at all either, I doubt anyone under 50 would. You might as well have asked them if their refridgerator was running. 

Think back to USF's jersey button (or lack there of) game--

iu.jpegA

3B074100-BCFF-4904-9C90-150ED2BD7F37.thumb.jpeg.119c5120c2277444ab875468d9b27c44.jpeg

Edited by Cajun
And that they (and now you) didn't get it only sweetens the lulz

1 hour ago, Wally Pryor said:

Texas sports crowds are rarely very good or impactful on a game.    Happens once every 5 or 6 years.

This was one of those years.   Great, great showing by the fans at the Disch.  Hats off. 

Absolutely. Phenomenal impact from the crowds the last two weekends. Very loud, very often. Rowdy as fuck. I'd say even a little intimidating at times.

I've been going to games at the Disch for nearly 40 years and have never heard it louder than I did last night.

Absolutely had an effect on the game.  That Keystone Cops dropped ball in right field was full on crowd driven.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Just now, wood said:

...and while we're at it, wtf would it take to get Bob Cole outta all Texas sporting events? FML.

fify

Why pieces of shit like him are given the Burnt Orange spotlight year after year is just mind numbing.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cajun said:

What did he do, head up a Mexican Cartel?

How does someone not pass an LSU background check?

Apparently he banged a married chick which caused the married chick's husband to murder their two sons and then burn his own house down with himself and the two dead sons inside. It was discussed on one of the threads last week; not sure if true or not. 

2 minutes ago, TexasPride10 said:

Apparently he banged a married chick which caused the married chick's husband to murder their two sons and then burn his own house down with himself and the two dead sons inside. It was discussed on one of the threads last week; not sure if true or not. 

Holy shit. I heard about that story since I live in Florida, but hadn't heard Sullivan's name connected to it. Awful story all around.

13 minutes ago, Dry Elbows said:

Heard Sullivan didn't pass LSU's background check.  Also that the LSU folks are divided on who to hire. 

Well not every school has the allure to pull a SITTING P5 head coach who didn't even reach the regional championship of their own hosted regional as a top 8 seed. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TexasPride10 said:

and? 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Cajun said:

I've been going to games at the Disch for nearly 40 years and have never heard it louder than I did last night.

Absolutely had an effect on the game.  That Keystone Cops dropped ball in right field was full on crowd driven.

Wow! Makes me wish I was able to attend.  This is so great!  Whoa! I just realized I am going to be in the Austin area(RR) when the CWS ends.  There is one more visit to Disch-Falk to make this year, and that is to welcome home the 2021 National Champs!  I will make sure to bring my parents who are getting up there.(80s)

I've got a feeling.  We are the favorites, being the highest remaining seed left. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Also, first baseball game to attend since my son played out his high school baseball career (as an outfielder, who really came into his own his senior season and had a great year).  I hadn't realized how much he had learned about the game till I watched one live with him.

Every ball hit in the air, he knew what was going to happen before anyone around us -- ball in the air, deep, we get excited as it leaves the bat, he stays in his seat with "he's got it."  Cam hit his shot, and he said instantly "that's gone."  I asked him how he knew, and he said he just knows now by looking at the speed and angle of the ball as it leaves the bat in the first few feet, because that's when he -- as an OF -- needs to make his decision on where to position himself to make a play.  And he was right, all game long.  It was cool to see that he really has figured out the game he loves, and has played since he was 5.  It's a shame that he's now played out the string, and won't be playing at the next level (although I told him he could probably get picked up by USF as a CF tomorrow), but it was really cool sitting with him, immersed in the game.

Been to several super regional clinchers over the years, but really enjoyed going to this one with the boy, who's not a boy anymore.

Also, the concession stand boudin balls sucked.  All rice, no boudin.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1