Austin Super Regional Thread

Horndog

I spent all day today thinking our game was starting at 8 tonight. Just figured out game 1 is tomorrow. Cleared my Friday to watch some baseball and now I'm stuck watching Arkansas obliterate NC State. Ok, I'm not actually doing that. But I did initially turn it on in the assumption our game would go next. 

1 hour ago, DalTxHornFan said:

They are supposedly trying to avoid jammed fingers, or so I've read:  https://www.sportscasting.com/why-do-baseball-players-wear-oven-mitts/

What I mean is, I don't think I've seen them worn on both hands, just one.  And I haven't figured out whether the one hand is the throwing hand or the glove hand.  And, as mentioned, the "lead hand" in most slide replays seems to be the meat hand, which would seem to be the throwing hand for most players.

5 hours ago, Lobo said:

If I wanted to avoid jammed fingers, I'd quit going to SOuth Austin.  I should know, I played all of one month of D-I baseball. 

Did you twist your ankle and that was that? Otherwise you were on track for a hall of fame career

Fng A! Five hours to first pitch, wife already pissed, one beer left from this AM’s beer procurement. It’s like Fall with a 7 PM kick!

Anyone got a beer delivery in NE SA today?

Use the Favor app and they will deliver within an hour I believe.

Where you at in NE SA? I am off Evans Rd near TPC Pkwy.