2021 US Open - Torrey Pines

Wally Fairway

Bryson hit the absolute shit out of that 3 wood. Whether it works or not it's fun to see someone hit out of his shoes like Tiger used to. 

Guess it worked on that one. Great 3rd shot to 6 feet and puts it in for bird. 

Edited by ztejas

Feels like dick bland is regressing to his normal standard of play (based on his previous lack of results, since I’ve never seen him hit a shot before yesterday.)

hope he hangs on well enough to get a good payday. 

but Bryson and Rory is where it’s at now,  and seeing if the one dude leading can hold them off. 

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Feels like dick bland is regressing to his normal standard of play (based on his previous lack of results, since I’ve never seen him hit a shot before yesterday.)

hope he hangs on well enough to get a good payday. 

but Bryson and Rory is where it’s at now,  and seeing if the one dude leading can hold them off. 

Yeah Bland is done but we all knew that was coming. Henley seems like a meltdown waiting to happen but he's hanging tough so far. If he has to play with a big dog tomorrow that might be trouble. Rahm is lurking as are a few others. Should be an awesome Sunday.

13 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

if this thing drops to -3 leading +1 is still in it.

Interesting thought but this course can be had. I feel like Spieth would need a 64 or 65 even if he's 4 off the lead going into tomorrow. 

Not impossible. A little improbable.

And I'm starting to think this might be Rahm's.

Edited by ztejas

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Interesting thought but this course can be had. I feel like Spieth would need a 64 or 65 even if he's 4 off the lead going into tomorrow. 

Not impossible. A little improbable.

And I'm starting to think this might be Rahm's.

if the greens burn out a bit more and wind picks up a little this course is pretty tough and folks can come back.  yeah, Spieth would have to shoot 65.  he had a 66 in him today but couldn't make the putts.

I'd like to see scheffler pick up a shot or 2 coming in.

I could see Morikawa going low.

4 minutes ago, Hate said:

I don't want to see Wolff win it.  I can't get over that swing.  I have a very irrational hate for that swing.

He's in some trouble on this one. 

I agree about Henley. This asshole needs to come back a couple.

I can at least respect the fact that he doesn’t have the cookie cutter tour swing and did it his own way

Yeah, it’s impressive to get to this level with that swing. I don’t mind the weird looping motion, I just can stand that stupid dance move he has to do. It just irritates the hell out of me.