2021 US Open - Torrey Pines

Wally Fairway

4 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

50/50 shot - either that, or he shoots 64 today and is top 10 spot entering the weekend (yeah okay, not really 50/50, but better than 90/10)

Yeah, I know.  What I think he could really use is for Greller to take charge ... shove a sleeve of balls into Jordan's mouth, tell him to stop all of the post-shot analysis, and just hit the ball like he knows how.  Watching him can be a real beating ... 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So I flip it on and some nobody Englishman named dick bland is leading.  Don’t even know if he’s a pro or not. 

He won on the Euro Tour a couple weeks ago in his 478th start.  Great story.  What a ride from your first win, getting into the Open, and going scorched Earth on Torrey.

I love Bryson. He's not quite contending but he's lurking just 5 back like an asshole to make everyone that hates him sweat a bit. Also close enough to where you can't quite talk shit about his game. 

Just a classic douche-golfer move. 

Tough crowd. LOL. Those of you looking at this more closely than I, what are the chances that eight more guys slide back to +4 and let Jordan get to the weekend? Is Torrey playing tougher this afternoon as major courses tend to do?

17 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Tough crowd. LOL. Those of you looking at this more closely than I, what are the chances that eight more guys slide back to +4 and let Jordan get to the weekend? Is Torrey playing tougher this afternoon as major courses tend to do?

Seems almost miniscule. There are just as many guys with plenty left to play at 4 over that could pick up a couple shots than there are guys at +2 or +3. I'd be shocked if the cut isn't +3. 

It's the US open but you can score out here. This isn't an especially brutal venue through 2 days.

Edited by ztejas

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Seems almost miniscule. There are just as many guys with plenty left to play at 4 over that could pick up a couple shots than there are guys at +2 or +3. I'd be shocked if the cut isn't +3. 

It's the US open but you can score out here. This isn't an especially brutal venue through 2 days.

Gotcha. I just noticed Jordan has gone from T-71 to T-68 in the last 30 minutes or so and thought some guys were backing up.

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Gotcha. I just noticed Jordan has gone from T-71 to T-68 in the last 30 minutes or so and thought some guys were backing up.

It's not impossible but just at a glance it seems pretty unlikely. 

I mean just like that he's back to T70. I just don't see it.

Edited by ztejas

9 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I think it’s close to 100% that +4 makes the cut. Lots of +2s and +3s on the course with plenty of holes to play. 

You're 100% a moron. 

There are 71 guys at +3 or better. It's moving in the wrong direction.

Edited by ztejas

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

You're 100% a moron. 

There are 71 guys at +3 or better. It's moving in the wrong direction.

Who’s the moron?

2 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Let’s make a bet. If + 4 makes the cut then you don’t post on Surly for a week. If it doesn’t then I won’t. 

Nothing but crickets. Gutless

Edited by TonyTexas

5 hours ago, C-Man said:

Torrey is always tougher in the afternoon because of seedheads on the poa popping early afternoon. Just makes putting a lot harder. 

5 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Let’s make a bet. If + 4 makes the cut then you don’t post on Surly for a week. If it doesn’t then I won’t. 

3 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Who’s the moron?

Nothing but crickets. Gutless

Dude you said you were 100% certain that the cut would be +4 and it came down to like 2 golfers dropping a stroke. I said it was very unlikely and I stand by that - guys at +4 barely snuck in. Who fucking cares - I was wrong about the cut line. Sue me. For you to claim something that barely happened as being a 100% certainty is hilarious. Everyone at +4 was sweating until the very end. 

8 hours ago, ztejas said:

Dude you said you were 100% certain that the cut would be +4 and it came down to like 2 golfers dropping a stroke. I said it was very unlikely and I stand by that - guys at +4 barely snuck in. Who fucking cares - I was wrong about the cut line. Sue me. For you to claim something that barely happened as being a 100% certainty is hilarious. Everyone at +4 was sweating until the very end. 

It should of been simply 2 guys giving opposing opinions. Which is great. That’s what Surly is all about. My problem is with you calling me a moron for having one that that was different than yours. Your first mistake was doing it when there was going to be a definitive resolution within a matter of hours. Your second mistake was not having the grace to admit you were wrong,  instead posting this bullshit. You look like a fool. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Dewey said:

I don't know whats going to be more brutal over the weekend... the course,  the broadcast or this thread. 

The course is boring and the broadcast is brutal so I’m looking to this thread to offer a little entertainment.