Need some guidance with Football tickets

nineliveslost

Been over a decade since I have been to a game in Austin. Reservation at the Austin Hilton for 5 nights (Wednesday - Monday) for the Texas Tech game. Trying to make this a short "getaway" with the wife. 

Any recommendations or guidance of seats to get, ticket price and when to buy?

I am guessing $500 - $800 for 2 tickets with a good view ???? Upper deck first row????

image.png.969bdca8ddd10b0f7fd6417028f3f674.png

What about these?

Edited by nineliveslost
added possible seats

3rd home game, 2nd weekend in a row, Big 12 opener, Tech’s not supposed to be great but their fans will represent.

$250 for a good ticket sounds reasonable, it’ll probably be closer to $300 if it’s a night game and close to $200 if it’s 11am.

I’m not a fan of the upper deck for the lack of concession options but that’s a great view.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

3rd home game, 2nd weekend in a row, Big 12 opener, Tech’s not supposed to be great but their fans will represent.

$250 for a good ticket sounds reasonable, it’ll probably be closer to $300 if it’s a night game and close to $200 if it’s 11am.

I’m not a fan of the upper deck for the lack of concession options but that’s a great view.

Ahhh I didnt think of concessions. 

I wanted to get a seat where there isnt anyone in front of us so we could sit down and watch if we wanted to without losing the view. 

My recommendation is not to buy now, you will pay a premium this early. I doubt you will need to spend that much for Tech as I can't see that ticket being too hard to get.  If it were me, I'd probably wait until a day or two prior, but I live in Austin. If that makes you nervous coming in from out of town, I get it. 

As a reference, I bought 4 tickets for USC a couple of years ago (bought 5 days prior) for $250 ea in section 26, row 40ish. Prior to the season they were $600+. admittedly, Herman shitting the bed vs Maryland didnt hurt when it came to prices.

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, Blotto said:

My recommendation is not to buy now, you will pay a premium this early. I doubt you will need to spend that much for Tech as I can't see that ticket being too hard to get.  If it were me, I'd probably wait until a day or two prior, but I live in Austin. If that makes you nervous coming in from out of town, I get it. 

As a reference, I bought 4 tickets for USC a couple of years ago (bought 5 days prior) for $250 ea in section 26, row 40ish. Prior to the season they were $600+. admittedly, Herman shitting the bed vs Maryland didnt hurt when it came to prices.

Thanks. 

Yea, I'll be driving 10 - 11 hours to get there and thought screw it $560 (2 tickets) for piece of mind, but damn I am waffling now.  

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

I sold my section 12 USC seats for $350 a pop.

If you want non end zone seats you’re going to pay unless you go uppers...but yeah an early loss always drops the price.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/8/2021 at 1:32 PM, nineliveslost said:

My fear is losing out on "good" seats if I wait too long . Figured 3 months out would be close enough. 

If you're willing to pay $300 a seat you're not going to miss out on buying good seats right now. You're going to be overpaying when you could buy better seats closer to game day. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2021 at 2:31 PM, nineliveslost said:

I wanted to get a seat where there isnt anyone in front of us so we could sit down and watch if we wanted to without losing the view. 

If you buy seats under the upper deck it'll be all olds who don't stand.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2021 at 2:31 PM, nineliveslost said:

I second what TKt said about the view.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/8/2021 at 8:58 PM, nineliveslost said:

Thanks. 

Yea, I'll be driving 10 - 11 hours to get there and thought screw it $560 (2 tickets) for piece of mind, but damn I am waffling now.  

I am a season ticket holder in section 27. This is the view from my seats for the USC game. Let me know if you are interested! I shot you a message. Hook 'Em!

IMG_9006.JPG