What states have NOT been graced with your presence?

I am finally getting to Washington and Oregon this summer.  I used to think those were the only states other than Alaska I have not at least passed through.  But, now I'm questioning if I've been to Delaware, Rhode Island or Michigan because they aren't typically on the way to someplace else.  I should probably make this a bucket list thing.

What states have you Shagsters assholes been to?  If anyone wants to know if there is anything worth seeing or doing in a particular state, here's your chance to ask one of the all-knowing experts on this board.  Even if it's something quirky or corny, as long as it's a chance to get out and stretch your legs.  Some of the states I've been to were only in passing, so I may not have much to offer on some.

Pac NW, Dakotas, 10000 lakes, Wiscy, New England 'cept for Connecticut.

Ohio, kentucky, WVa.

Alaska and Hawaii.

Edited by slorch

To count a state, I have a personal policy of  having to have gone outside the airport and eating a meal there. That said, with exception of Arkansas and Missouri, I have both eaten a meal and stayed a night.

States I haven’t been to:

Alaska, Oregon, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Michigan.

I’ll definitely go to OK when I move to Dallas in July to check it off the list, and I’m going to a wedding in Michigan in August.

So all in all, 41/50 now, 43/50 soon.

I haven't been to:

Hawaii, Alaska, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin, West Virginia, Delaware, Vermont, New Hampshire, or Maine.

So I've been to 36.  I've also lived in 7. (Texas, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Florida, Illinois, and California.

My parents used to take my brother and I on road trips as kids. One was over a month long, driving from Austin to Florida, up to Maine, across Canada to Minnesota and back down. All said, I've been to every state but Hawaii and Alaska. 

Edited by SmokeyTheBear
  • Like 1

Hawaii, Alaska, Oregon, Washington, North/South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, Nebraska, Minnesota, Maine, New Hampshire, all the rest I’ve spent at least a day in. Planning on knocking a couple more out skiing, but there are a few on there that I’m probably just going to miss out on.

I have not been to...hawaii,alaska,Wisconsin,Michigan,

And the east coast states minus Massachusetts,new york and florida(didnt feel like listing them all so deduce yourself)

And that is using the same method as riceowl...doesnt count if it was only airport

Edited by Bone3421

2 hours ago, Liquor and Poker said:

North Dakota.  That's it.

Eastern ND is the flattest place on Earth.  However, the tallest structure in the world for almost 50 years was the KVLY-TV mast less than an hour northwest of Fargo.  Interestingly, another mast was erected southwest of that mast, but it was built a few feet shorter.  I guess that attests to how "Minnesota polite" people are in North Dakota.  A taller mast was erected by the commies in Poland...but it collapsed, which proves aggy are communist.  Your life will never be the same once you've stood beneath these ND wonders.

Devil's Lake has flooded well beyond it's "normal" size, which transformed it from a great fishery to a fantastic fishery.  Lake Sakakawea is also great for fishing.  The prairie pothole region from southern Manitoba down through western Minnesota and the eastern Dakota's has fantastic waterfowl hunting.

Southwestern ND is Teddy Roosevelt country.  It's very pretty scenery, even if it doesn't take your breath away.

That's North Dakota in 150 words or less.

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Like 1

To count a state, I have a personal policy of  having to have gone outside the airport and eating a meal there. That said, with exception of Arkansas and Missouri, I have both eaten a meal and stayed a night.
States I haven’t been to:
Alaska, Oregon, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Michigan.
I’ll definitely go to OK when I move to Dallas in July to check it off the list, and I’m going to a wedding in Michigan in August.
So all in all, 41/50 now, 43/50 soon.

That policy is B team. The policy should be spend a night in that state. Anything short allows for airport cheating - taking an Uber to a Chick-fil-a 5 minutes outside the airport during a layover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

46 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Is Delaware worth a side trip?  Other than to egg Uncle Joe's house?

I bought a purse on the way there...

Well, my wife did after we went to Annapolis and drove over the Chesapeake to the Tanger outlet mall.  we decided to drive on to Delaware just to see it.  What a fucking waste.

Went into  Wilmington by mistake when we were in Philly a few years ago.

i guess you could say both times I went to delaware, I pulled out as fast as I could...

Edited by slorch

3 hours ago, Brew said:

Hawaii, Alaska, Oregon, Washington, North/South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, Nebraska, Minnesota, Maine, New Hampshire, all the rest I’ve spent at least a day in. Planning on knocking a couple more out skiing, but there are a few on there that I’m probably just going to miss out on.

For skiing you can’t go wrong with a visit to Oregon/Washington.  The mountains don’t have lodging but the terrain is amazing.  

For me, I haven’t been to AK or any of the states NE of Pennsylvania.  I work out of Delaware so unfortunately I have to go there about once a year.  

Edited by SDG

9 hours ago, Gardner Barnes said:

That policy is B team. The policy should be spend a night in that state. Anything short allows for airport cheating - taking an Uber to a Chick-fil-a 5 minutes outside the airport during a layover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that'd be BS if that's what I'd done. 

But nah, saw AR and MO through the window of a car on long road trips.

I have not been to

Idaho

Montana

New Mexico

North/South Dakota

Wyoming

Kansas

Nebraska

Minnesota

Iowa

Michigan

Indiana

Kentucky

S. Carolina

W. Virginia

Connecticut

Rhode Island

Vermont

New Hampshire

Maine

Might be easier to list states that I've been to...

1. Hawaii
  2. Washington
  3. Oregon
  4. California (live there now)
  5. Nevada
  6. Arizona
  7. Utah
  8. Colorado
  9. New Mexico (in transit between TX and CA)
  10. Kansas
  11. Texas
  12. Minnesota (airport)
  13. Missouri
  14. Louisiana (if you count Lake Charles)
  15. New York
  16. New Jersey
  17. Georgia
  18. Florida

Edited by Superhero

9 hours ago, Celery Man said:

I kinda feel like NYC is cheating for New York.

Agreed, but from the opposite perspective.

I've had multiple visits to the Hudson Valley area in NY, but have only driven through NYC on the freeway going from Newark to CT.  I've been to Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, but have never set foot in NYC.

NYC is like its own city-state.

Edited by slorch

14 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Just Alaska and Hawaii left for me. 

Ditto.
Made a solo trip 4 summers ago specifically to shoot up from Austin into the Dakotas, Minnesota (although I've landed there a bunch), and Wisconsin (salute John WInger!) all within 4 days (nuts!).  That was all of the Lower 48 for me.

East of the Mississippi, I'm missing the Carolinas and Kentucky. I've got a scheduled family tour of Revolutionary War battlegrounds next spring where the Carolinas will get knocked off that list; we may drive through Kentucky on the way back just for shits & giggles.

In the West, I'm missing Kansas, Nebraska, the Dakotas, Montana, Nevada, California, and Idaho. Throw in Alaska and Hawaii, and that's the full list. Been everywhere else, not counting territories.

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

East of the Mississippi, I'm missing the Carolinas and Kentucky. I've got a scheduled family tour of Revolutionary War battlegrounds next spring where the Carolinas will get knocked off that list; we may drive through Kentucky on the way back just for shits & giggles.

In the West, I'm missing Kansas, Nebraska, the Dakotas, Montana, Nevada, California, and Idaho. Throw in Alaska and Hawaii, and that's the full list. Been everywhere else, not counting territories.

Go see Mammoth Cave in Kentucky. It's really cool.