Arkansas cop flips pregnant woman's minivan for not pulling over fast enough for his liking

shadow_operative

22 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

Damn, F that mfer.  What a dumb piece of shit.  I hope he goes through a public shaming, that lingers.

No.  He should be charged with attempted murder.  He is a criminal gangster.  And any cop who tried to help him cover for this should be charged as an accessory.

If a "gangbanger" in a hoodrat car had pulled this maneuver, that's EXACTLY how they'd be treated.  And that's what should happen here.  He's a murderous criminal, backed by murderous criminals in his gang.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

This is the only time he's been caught. Imagine all of the shit he's done, particularly pre-cellphone camera. The way he casually committed an attempted murder shows this ain't this pos's first rodeo.

I did something similar pulling off an exit like a decade ago. To the left of me was highway traffic and I was in a skinny construction exit lane to the right. Drove with my blinker on to get to a safe destination. Thankfully the officer was too tired to murder someone on that day but he was an accusatory douche. I got pulled over for a window tint. The two back windows were tested and were well above the legal threshold so the stop was bs in the first place. 

My statement doesn't preclude yours.  In fact it often leads to what you suggest.  It also wasn't intended to be comprehensive on how the matter should be handled. 

I find public shaming effective and often leads to having an impact on more than just the person in question.  It impacts his family and may impact colleagues in the department where he works.  If that, in the slightest, provokes others to reconsider these type of actions, well then i think the public shaming, is a good start.   

I probably should have just stated that i hope he develops a bad case of shingles while simultaneously struggling through an oozing staph infection in his inner thigh all during a trial he loses, thereby is sentenced to prison leaving his family scorned and poor for having lost his pension.  Might that have appeased your sense of whether or not Roll, "gets it"?  

I know you enjoy the role you play on these types of threads and sometimes, like others, try and peg others thru a political lens but it ain't me you're looking for, babe.    

Edited by RollLeft

This is the only time he's been caught. Imagine all of the shit he's done, particularly pre-cellphone camera. The way he casually committed an attempted murder shows this ain't this pos's first rodeo.
I did something similar pulling off an exit like a decade ago. To the left of me was highway traffic and I was in a skinny construction exit lane to the right. Drove with my blinker on to get to a safe destination. Thankfully the officer was too tired to murder someone on that day but he was an accusatory douche. I got pulled over for a window tint. The two back windows were tested and were well above the legal threshold so the stop was bs in the first place. 
I'm pretty convinced that any window tint stop is BS.
  • Hook 'Em 4

Just now, Ellellelle said:
22 minutes ago, lmao said:

The two front were untinted, the back windows were a useless 70% while the legal limit iirc was 35%. It was total horseshit. 

[mention=1598]BrazilHorn[/mention]
Yeah, I always love when they go into "lecture" mode.  It gets even worse when they know they've fucked up, which is often.  It's like clockwork, just like their feigned, "Stay with me buddy, stay with me..." after they've bullet festivaled a "perp".  All theater trained into them for later courtroom viewing.
Cunts

I both laughed and cringed at the term “bullet festivaled”.

4 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

Qualified immunity.  If only there was someone who has stated again and again and again to get rid of this shit.  As well as all the protection mechanism within the departments that protect bad actors.

For the qualified immunity defense to apply, he (and/or his employer) is going to need to establish that his conduct didn't violate clearly established law.  I suspect he'll have a problem satisfying that element of the defense given that the PIT was employed within a minute or so of the "pursuit" commencing if the video is accurate, and there were no indicia that the driver of the other vehicle was a fleeing felon or that allowing the "pursuit" to continue would have endangered the lives of others.  But stranger things have happened. 

This cop's conduct was beyond the pale.  There doesn't seem to be any reasonable excuse for it whatsoever.      

35 minutes ago, Ldogg53 said:

I both laughed and cringed at the term “bullet festivaled”.

Bullet Festival should go on the list of band names. 

29 minutes ago, Ldogg53 said:

Of course it is. Any excuse to stop people to look for any other violations. And guess who super dark tint is most popular with???

I have dark tint on my truck. By that I mean 18%+/-. Come at me bro.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Carl Spackler said:

For the qualified immunity defense to apply, he (and/or his employer) is going to need to establish that his conduct didn't violate clearly established law.  I suspect he'll have a problem satisfying that element of the defense given that the PIT was employed within a minute or so of the "pursuit" commencing if the video is accurate, and there were no indicia that the driver of the other vehicle was a fleeing felon or that allowing the "pursuit" to continue would have endangered the lives of others.  But stranger things have happened. 

This cop's conduct was beyond the pale.  There doesn't seem to be any reasonable excuse for it whatsoever.      

Agreed from what the video shows.  Like I said, let the full weight of the law fall on his shoulders.  The QI mention was more to the overall sentiment that cops can get away with anything they want without repercussions.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, BabaYaga said:

Agreed from what the video shows.  Like I said, let the full weight of the law fall on his shoulders.  The QI mention was more to the overall sentiment that cops can get away with anything they want without repercussions.

Oh, for sure.  Which is why I mentioned that stranger things have happened -- her attorney better not get too confident that the QI defense won't fly in front of some hard-core law-and-order U.S. District Court judge down there in Arkieland when it gets raised in an MSJ.  I would hope not, butyouneverknow.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

There doesn't seem to be any reasonable excuse for it whatsoever.      

"I'm a cop."

That's the excuse. That's the entire excuse.

It works 99% of the time.

Only when we accept that law enforcement have consciously decided to be the OPPOSITE of what they are supposed to be -- and now they are an armed gang, roving the streets and acting with impunity whenever they like -- do we have even a CHANCE of getting some change.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Ellellelle said:
1 hour ago, lmao said:

Pretty convinced?  

aight

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

No.  He should be charged with attempted murder.  He is a criminal gangster.  And any cop who tried to help him cover for this should be charged as an accessory.

If a "gangbanger" in a hoodrat car had pulled this maneuver, that's EXACTLY how they'd be treated.  And that's what should happen here.  He's a murderous criminal, backed by murderous criminals in his gang.

police: they demand to be universally respected, as if they are some special class of people who are above the rest of us.

also police: instead of being held to a higher standard, these super special heroes insist on being immune to any repercussions for anything they do.

so which is it dipshits? are you a specially trained force of heroes who deserve a round of applause every time you walk into the supermarket, or are you just a bunch of lifetime losers who get off on having unbridled power with zero accountability for your actions? wait, don't answer that.

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 6

23 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Speaking of Tint violations.  Think about the things cops do and DON'T lose their jobs over and then watch this -

He shoulda just claimed she was making furtive movements and shot her.  He'd have gotten off with a commendation.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Cajun said:

@BrazilHorn

Yeah, I always love when they go into "lecture" mode.  It gets even worse when they know they've fucked up, which is often.  It's like clockwork, just like their feigned, "Stay with me buddy, stay with me..." after they've bullet festivaled a "perp".  All theater trained into them for later courtroom viewing.

Cunts

Exactly what happened here.  Camera is on too.  So he feigns the "just doing my job."

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, crash_davis said:

The DA or a cop would have to file those charges, right? If so, then you have your answer.

not sure if arkansas is one of the 6 states that allow citizens to empanel grand juries (kansas and oklahoma are two of the others, so the likelihood is probably higher than 1/12)

5 minutes ago, elfenix said:

not sure if arkansas is one of the 6 states that allow citizens to empanel grand juries (kansas and oklahoma are two of the others, so the likelihood is probably higher than 1/12)

For some reason states that start with N are much more likely to allow citizens to empanel grand juries.  The other four that allow it are New Mexico, North Dakota, Nevada and Nebraska.

• Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Pit maneuvers are better performed at higher rates of speed.  Are state troopers in Arkansas functionally brain dead?

1)take down the license plate. 2)disengage.

how in the fuck do I, derka derka, know what to do in that situation, and yet the actual police don't? well, the sad answer is that they do actually know what the safe, responsible, by-protocol move is, but they'd rather play superhero because they are mentally stunted bullies with a desire to feel powerful, and an unlimited cache of get out of jail free cards. it's blatantly obvious that police are one of the biggest, most ever present dangers to the public, and that we'd all actually be safer and more secure if every single police department in the country were immediately disbanded. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Rage+1 1

This is actually worse than a bad shooting.  I can understand how you can make a bad choice in a split second when you think your life might be at risk.  This mf’er hit the lights, pulled in behind her, then got into position for the pit move, then executed the move.  This was a measured choice.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

Arkansas lawmakers don’t give a shit and are blaming it on the woman:

“End of the day when somebody is fleeing I will never question the method police officer uses to stop them,” said Sen. Bart Hester (R-Cave Springs). “I don’t care if it’s 60 miles an hour, I don’t care if its 100 miles an hour, I want them stopped as soon as possible.”

• Rage+1 3

1 minute ago, B00M said:

I mean, in the 1 viewing I gave this, it looked like the duration of the "chase" was cut some. Probably not much, but has the official/claimed chase time been released?

If it was a really long "chase" and exonerated the cop, the full footage would have been released already.

4 minutes ago, B00M said:

I mean, in the 1 viewing I gave this, it looked like the duration of the "chase" was cut some. Probably not much, but has the official/claimed chase time been released?

two minutes was the total chase time from when she passed him to the pit.  

• Hook 'Em 1