Arkansas cop flips pregnant woman's minivan for not pulling over fast enough for his liking

In what fucking world is that a good idea? Fuck this Arkansas fuck fucking cock sucker asshole bitch.

You seem like someone who hates America and doesn’t BACK THE BLUE. Shame on you. You should thank all cops for their service, and if they do anything to hurt anyone, you should thank the cops for protecting you from outlaws who don’t follow orders.

she was not fleeing. period. and there is no honest way to interpret that she was. everything she did was to the letter. the cop simply wanted to wield his power on someone who unwittingly shattered his hyper-fragile ego, so he did. and when he was done, he told her, "this is what we (cops) do. this is your fault." repeatedly. he then regaled his fellow cops with the hilarious tale of the how the perp who he rightfully tried to kill had the gall to tell him that she was looking out for *his* safety as she recklessly fled him, endangering his life and the lives of everyone around them. this is policing in America in a nutshell. it is absolutely frightening.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

If you want to get mad, check the Reddit cop threads. “Don’t flee the police” is the common refrain. Is the dishonesty self-selection or training? Why can’t they see that this stuff makes their job harder?

9 hours ago, Cajun said:

I feel ya.  Not trying to dismiss the cop/racist reality, but DO NOT let that overshadow the fact that these fuckers are a danger to all of us lowly citizens, irrespective of skin color.  

"It's a WAR out there!" and we are all "Charlie" in their eyes.

Wait... I thought we were all Acht-med.....

On 6/10/2021 at 2:18 AM, scottsins said:

...Other times, the failure to immediately stop means you are evading in a vehicle, which means…walla! Felony stop engagement sequence commences...

It's a doggy dog world out there!

This story is peak social media. Every report includes a comment that Arkansas law not only allows but encourages drivers to do exactly what she did. Slow down, turn on your hazards to acknowledge the cop, and pull off when its safe. Yet every other comment on social media is "should have followed the law" or "why was she fleeing?" READ THE GODDAMNED STORY BEFORE YOU COMMENT!!!!

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, immortal13 said:

The hazard lights seals his fate(hypothetically), in my opinion. Nobody barring OJ and Al Cowlings puts their hazards on while they are running from the cops. That and the fact that she SLOWED DOWN. There is no justification for what the cop did, none.

The law literally says that too. I don't think there is enough bootlicking available to save this guy. A law enforcement officer who doesn't know the most basic laws of the road. He may keep his job or go somewhere else, because cops are gonna cop, but the state is about to pay this lady a fuck ton of money. I can't think of a single defense that can be raised when the video shows her following the law to the T.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, 'stache said:

The law literally says that too. I don't think there is enough bootlicking available to save this guy. A law enforcement officer who doesn't know the most basic laws of the road. He may keep his job or go somewhere else, because cops are gonna cop, but the state is about to pay this lady a fuck ton of money. I can't think of a single defense that can be raised when the video shows her following the law to the T.

Lemme take care of that for you:  "I am a cop, and my judgment cannot be questioned.  There is no specific law saying I CAN'T flip a car over if I simply feel, subjectively, like the driver is not obeying my commands."

12 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Lemme take care of that for you:  "I am a cop, and my judgment cannot be questioned.  There is no specific law saying I CAN'T flip a car over if I simply feel, subjectively, like the driver is not obeying my commands."

That works among the bubbas, but a judge ain't gonna have any of that, and if they did they'd get their ass reamed on appeal, even in Arkansas.

Edited by 'stache
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, 'stache said:

That works among the bubbas, but a judge ain't gonna have any of that, and if they did they'd get their ass reamed on appeal, even in Arkansas.

Go read some 5th Circuit opinions on the scope of Qualified Immunity, and get back to me.

"Because there was no previous case involving an SUV of this model and color driving exactly this speed, there was no 'clearly established law' against flipping one over.  Therefore, the officer is immune."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

This story is peak social media. Every report includes a comment that Arkansas law not only allows but encourages drivers to do exactly what she did. Slow down, turn on your hazards to acknowledge the cop, and pull off when its safe. Yet every other comment on social media is "should have followed the law" or "why was she fleeing?" READ THE GODDAMNED STORY BEFORE YOU COMMENT!!!!

No shit.  As stated getting off the HWY is for the officers protection, not the driver.  So fucking dumb.

39 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Go read some 5th Circuit opinions on the scope of Qualified Immunity, and get back to me.

"Because there was no previous case involving an SUV of this model and color driving exactly this speed, there was no 'clearly established law' against flipping one over.  Therefore, the officer is immune."

I get it, I'm pretty jaded too, but I just don't see it in this one, not even in Arkansas. And the article doesn't mention race. If the lady is white, yeah, much sympathy for pregnant white lady. 

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

I get it, I'm pretty jaded too, but I just don't see it in this one, not even in Arkansas. And the article doesn't mention race. If the lady is white, yeah, much sympathy for pregnant white lady. 

It most likely would be a federal judge.

And I don't think you understand the extent of the leeway police are given in terms of knowing what is a constitutional violation. Brisket's hypothetical holding is dead-on with the 5th Circuit's qualified immunity jurisprudence. It is maddening.

21 minutes ago, Red Six said:

It most likely would be a federal judge.

And I don't think you understand the extent of the leeway police are given in terms of knowing what is a constitutional violation. Brisket's hypothetical holding is dead-on with the 5th Circuit's qualified immunity jurisprudence. It is maddening.

I'm familiar with that standard, and it is indeed absurd. I still don't think it'll work here when she did exactly what the book tells her to do, and there is almost certainly a protocol about the technique that can only be used if the cop "reasonably believes" the person is fleeing. Following the rules to the letter of the law destroys any argument that the cop had any reasonable belief that she was fleeing. If a court says that he was justified, I'll eat my words, but even being super jaded about these standards and policing in general, I don't see any way to weasel out of this one.

Officer Dunn, "Hey kids.  Hello wife.  Sorry I'm late...had a rough day on patrol."

Mrs. Dunn, "Sorry to hear that?  Wanna talk about it?" 

Officer Dunn, "Well, to make it home alive to you and the kids tonight...I had to run a pregnant woman into two highway barricades.  She flipped her minivan and almost lost the baby and almost died herself."

Mrs. Dunn, "That's unfortunate.  Reminds me of the time you almost beat me to death when I was pregnant with our second child.  But again, you gotta do what you gotta do to make it home alive to us each night." 

Officer Dunn, "Thanks for getting me and the pressures of the job sweetheart.  Just for that, only gonna be some minor bruising tonight...you pick which side."  

BACK THE BLUE! 

Just our beloved heroes in blue at work!! 

The comments I see from the back the blue bootlickers are ragey as well. One woman said if she did not value her life going 84 in a 70, she had this coming. What the fuck? Too many people justify any little thing these thugs in blue do. And expect them to have zero accountability. They are allowed to run rogue just because their dumb asses did a few years in Barney Fife school and wear a neat little badge. That we are supposed to bow down to them. Any cop with a brain will be glad you waited to pull over off a high speed highway. As long as you put on your hazards to alert them you see them and are looking to pull over somewhere safer to benefit both parties. Pulling over to the shoulder of a highway is extremely dangerous for anyone.

Fuck this cop.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

In hindsight, she should have called 911 to alert dispatch that she believed a lunatic impersonating a public servant was trying to pull her over and to late them know she was going to wait until she found somewhere safe.

1 hour ago, Mole said:

In hindsight, she should have called 911 to alert dispatch that she believed a lunatic impersonating a public servant was trying to pull her over and to late them know she was going to wait until she found somewhere safe.

That sounds like a good idea, but she would’ve received a citation for using her phone while driving.

If she'd followed the law, and been driving under the speed limit, this never would have happened.

See folks, THAT’S how you speak fluent bootlicker. I guarantee you there are a shitload of cop apologists saying exactly that….speeding? Well, you DESERVE to have a cop try to kill you.
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 6/12/2021 at 9:17 AM, lemonlime said:

If she'd followed the law, and been driving under the speed limit, this never would have happened.

95% of people speed on the highway at one point or another and it doesn't impede traffic or necessarily create a hazard. It is routine and why troopers are out patrolling in the first place.  Everyone has their day to get ticketed if they don't have a speed detector to help them reduce speed while in radar range or are too far into their conversation/reverie. 

He created the hazard, he impeded traffic and created an unsafe situation beyond common sense.  HE didn't follow the law. The law says to do what the lady was doing. When being pulled over, reduce your speed, if needed put on your hazards to signal to the cop you see him and find the safest place to pull over. He fucked her over for trying to protect his life! He needs to be removed from being a field trooper because he is too stupid to do that job well.  Whatever the laws of the state say is the way to remove an unprofessional/incompetent employee is what should happen to this guy. 

2 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

95% of people speed on the highway at one point or another and it doesn't impede traffic or necessarily create a hazard. It is routine and why troopers are out patrolling in the first place.  Everyone has their day to get ticketed if they don't have a speed detector to help them reduce speed while in radar range or are too far into their conversation/reverie. 

He created the hazard, he impeded traffic and created an unsafe situation beyond common sense.  HE didn't follow the law. The law says to do what the lady was doing. When being pulled over, reduce your speed, if needed put on your hazards to signal to the cop you see him and find the safest place to pull over. He fucked her over for trying to protect his life! He needs to be removed from being a field trooper because he is too stupid to do that job well.  Whatever the laws of the state say is the way to remove an unprofessional/incompetent employee is what should happen to this guy. 

You obviously don't back the blue.

Also, check your meter.

Also, for all Johnny Sack's whining about how put upon white men are in this country, I haven't seen anyone mention her speeding, as opposed to black men selling cigarettes or smoking pot or passing a counterfeit bill, all of which are probably safer activities for immediate bystanders than driving 84 MPH.

• Hook 'Em 2

I mentioned it you maroon and called it a routine occurrence that this dipshit trooper should have better handled. I hope you are a troll because if the weak fact that she sped is your whole argument  then you are not just a "back the blue" bootlicker but a full-on member of NowThis's Pegging lover's club for LEOs. Sad.

25 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

I mentioned it you maroon and called it a routine occurrence that this dipshit trooper should have better handled. I hope you are a troll because if the weak fact that she sped is your whole argument  then you are not just a "back the blue" bootlicker but a full-on member of NowThis's Pegging lover's club for LEOs. Sad.

Bro.  

• Haha 1

Seriously.  What percentage of cops killed in the line of duty were hit during a stop in the side of a highway.  I'm guessing pretty high.  You would think this would be the preferred approach.   I'm at an absolute loss on this one.  

That’s my thought exactly. First time I got pulled over as a new driver I stopped on the shoulder of Mopac with a concrete barrier on the side. Cop jogged up to me on the passenger side and asked if I would keep driving and take the next exit before stopping. At the second conversation he told me it’s extremely dangerous for them in that situation and they always want you to either exit or wait until you get to a place where you can get somewhat into the grass so there’s several feet between them and traffic. That woman was doing everything right. He should absolutely go to prison for this
  • Hook 'Em 1

Roided up asshole is lucky that not only did he not kill the woman driving the van, but any other people on that road.  Hell, he turned around and drove the wrong way on the highway to get back to the "accident" he caused.  Everyone's lucky the van didn't flip over the median.  Protecting and serving.

I feel ya.  Not trying to dismiss the cop/racist reality, but DO NOT let that overshadow the fact that these fuckers are a danger to all of us lowly citizens, irrespective of skin color.  
"It's a WAR out there!" and we are all "Charlie" in their eyes.
It's hard out there for an honest man. You got the boys in blue one side and the street pirates on the other. And either one could kill you and walk away with no repercussions.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, SquishMitten said:

That’s my thought exactly. First time I got pulled over as a new driver I stopped on the shoulder of Mopac with a concrete barrier on the side. Cop jogged up to me on the passenger side and asked if I would keep driving and take the next exit before stopping. At the second conversation he told me it’s extremely dangerous for them in that situation and they always want you to either exit or wait until you get to a place where you can get somewhat into the grass so there’s several feet between them and traffic. That woman was doing everything right. He should absolutely go to prison for this

I got pulled over in an 18 wheeler in Tennessee. The shoulder was skinny af so I grabbed my paperwork, got out on the passenger side and walked back to his car. Meanwhile the Trooper walks up the driver's side. I get to the car and it's empty. I look and the trooper is hanging off the mirror of my truck trying to figure out where I am. I yelled "hey" and he must have thought he'd been shot because he flew about 5 feet off the side of the truck. If there had been anyone coming by at that moment he would have been dead. He never said a word the whole time he wrote the ticket.

• Haha 2

On 6/13/2021 at 4:37 PM, lemonlime said:

Roided up asshole is lucky that not only did he not kill the woman driving the van, but any other people on that road.  Hell, he turned around and drove the wrong way on the highway to get back to the "accident" he caused.  Everyone's lucky the van didn't flip over the median.  Protecting and serving.

Pretty sure this guy is just old school racist cop type. 

On 6/11/2021 at 3:36 PM, hayden_horn said:

First time I saw that scene I shivered at the convergence of reality and truth in one simple, honest, statement delivered by pro and written by someone who knows how it really goes.

So matter of fact.  So, "there's nothing you can do about it, so no need to get all worked up..."