Arkansas cop flips pregnant woman's minivan for not pulling over fast enough for his liking

So, do I need to reevaluate my strategy when a cop pulls me over?  On city streets I generally try to find the first convenient place that allows me to pull off the road and not disrupt traffic.  Normally this would be a side street or a parking lot for a business.   On 35 I would just pull off onto the shoulder unless it is a construction zone.  I’m white.  Tell me what the proper behavior is in 2021.

12 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

Qualified immunity.  If only there was someone who has stated again and again and again to get rid of this shit.  As well as all the protection mechanism within the departments that protect bad actors.

I guess you're the lawyer, but I thought qualified immunity only applied to civil suits.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:

So, do I need to reevaluate my strategy when a cop pulls me over?  On city streets I generally try to find the first convenient place that allows me to pull off the road and not disrupt traffic.  Normally this would be a side street or a parking lot for a business.   On 35 I would just pull off onto the shoulder unless it is a construction zone.  I’m white.  Tell me what the proper behavior is in 2021.

Turn on your phone and record it.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Captainant said:

I bet the 'additional training' is target practice.

between the time the lights came on to flip was 2-3 min per news reports. Pulled the location up on google maps street view, There literally was no exit between those points in time. Wish there was a full video of it that didn’t cut scene*

*already seen cunt boot lickers point to that video cut “we don’t know what happened during that period” along with “her being pregnant is entirely immaterial as cop had no way of knowing”

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, thunderlounge said:

Bullet Festival should go on the list of band names. 

I have dark tint on my truck. By that I mean 18%+/-. Come at me bro.

Same here. You could be next to me at a red light while I'm snorting lines off a hooker's tits and you would never know. Hypothetically of course 

• Hook 'Em 1

About 20 years ago a cop pulled me over on Parmer lane headed west around Mopac. I hit my turn signal the second his lights came on, and made my next available right and pulled over. He came up to my window and said he was about to call for backup because I wasn’t pulling over. It was honestly about 10 seconds.

As someone who has worked on both sides of the criminal law equation, I’ll help y’all with this question…

There’s no right or wrong. Depends on the cop and you’re at their mercy. Sometimes they think you are trying to get them but by a passing vehicle because you stop in an unsafe area. Other times, the failure to immediately stop means you are evading in a vehicle, which means…walla! Felony stop engagement sequence commences.

It’s bullshit but that’s the world we live in.

14 hours ago, Bernard said:

No Hyperbole: Vehicular stops by police should be banned unless probable cause of a felony exists. Now.

Bernard

There's already a thread on tax avoidance...

8 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

What that dickbag senator doesn't seem to realize is that the woman wasn't fleeing.  

she was a dangerous criminal fleeing at 50 mph in the right lane with her hazards on. cause that's how most dangerous criminals flee the police, with great sense of unurgency and care.

6 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

she was a dangerous criminal fleeing at 50 mph in the right lane with her hazards on. cause that's how most dangerous criminals flee the police, with great sense of unurgency and care.

No kidding.  JFC any rational person watching that sequence knew exactly what was happening.

17 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

This is so completely enraging. 

The dipshit Arky lawmaker (and tons of other dipshits on social media) all quick to ask why she couldn't just comply, are the same numb fucks throwing their groceries on the ground at Costco b/c masky hurt facey. Also, per the Arky driver manual, she WASN'T "fleeing" you feeble-minded cuntface.

The cop could have killed not only her, but other innocent drivers.

How fucking many news stories with someone pulled onto a narrow shoulder and either the cop, driver, or both gets killed do you need? Maybe Andy Reid's drunk fuckup kid is behind me and I'd prefer to not get slammed into by him or Johnny Tweetswhiledriving??

And the cherry on the sundae is it was over a fuuuuuuucking speeding ticket, not like she has felony warrants out or something, and even in THAT case, this would be insane.

Prison.

I don't spend much time driving in Arkansas, but In Austin at least, I don't think I've ever seen cops even trying to chase down speeders on highways where there's obvious construction with narrowed shoulders and no way to pull off safely within a mile or two.  

Arkansas "Heroes" gonna Arkansas.  Notice that this cunt didn't seem to be called into question until he went  all Duke Boys on another undercover cop -

It should be noted that Trooper Aiken is best known as the guy who intentionally drove his police vehicle into a man by the name of John Overman, an undercover state police lieutenant who Aiken thought was the suspect in a pursuit. After striking Overman, Aiken jumped from his car, shouting at Overman to get on the ground while holding him at gunpoint— only then realizing they were on the same team. In a subsequent complaint, Lt. Overman offered scathing commentary about Aiken and his suitability for work in law enforcement: "Trooper Aiken has had several pursuits since [the] incident and continues to demonstrate a very limited ability to control his emotions and actions in stressful situations. [. . .] Trooper Aiken has shown that he cannot be trusted to perform under stressful situations in a manner that does not jeopardize safety or that he does not bring embarrassment or liability to the department." Overman's complaint further alleged that Aiken “sees the incident as something of a joke,” claiming that Trooper Aiken had attempted to get the state police repair shop to give him a piece of his damaged bumper. The damage, of course, was from hitting Lt. Overman — who alleged that Aiken intended to turn whatever he received into a commemorative plaque. Arkansas watchdog journalist Russ Racop, author of the Bad Government in Arkansas blog, reported in late-September 2017 that "on Thursday, September 21, 2017 Arkansas State Police Troop L staff were instructed to pull Trooper Aiken from pursuits he tries to join and to terminate any pursuits he begins, except in extreme cases." It is unclear when that instruction was rescinded.

Just watch these fucksticks yokels after the arrest is made.  JFC

51 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

How fucking many news stories with someone pulled onto a narrow shoulder and either the cop, driver, or both gets killed do you need? Maybe Andy Reid's drunk fuckup kid is behind me and I'd prefer to not get slammed into by him or Johnny Tweetswhiledriving??

Seriously.  What percentage of cops killed in the line of duty were hit during a stop in the side of a highway.  I'm guessing pretty high.  You would think this would be the preferred approach.   I'm at an absolute loss on this one.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Arkansas "Heroes" gonna Arkansas.  Notice that this cunt didn't seem to be called into question until he went  all Duke Boys on another undercover cop -

Just watch these fucksticks yokels after the arrest is made.  JFC

Unfortunately none of that is surprising.  Hope it helps get his license revoked and the family involved paid.

Just now, drt said:

Unfortunately none of that is surprising.  Hope it helps get his license revoked and the family involved paid.

Yeah, now just imagine that the pregnant woman in the OP was the wife of some LEO, police chief, sheriff, etc.

Think Trooper Roscoe would still be on the job like he is today?

1 minute ago, Cajun said:

Yeah, now just imagine that the pregnant woman in the OP was the wife of some LEO, police chief, sheriff, etc.

Think Trooper Roscoe would still be on the job like he is today?

they already beat their wives and kids at a higher percentage than the rest of the population. i would imagine the cop would go home and beat his wife just because.

https://kutv.com/news/local/40-of-police-officer-families-experience-domestic-violence-study-says

44 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

they already beat their wives and kids at a higher percentage than the rest of the population. i would imagine the cop would go home and beat his wife just because.

https://kutv.com/news/local/40-of-police-officer-families-experience-domestic-violence-study-says

Yeah, but he paid for that vehicle, so the offending "Hero" would still be shitcanned and possibly arrested.  Plus the wife was unhurt, so there's another strike against him in the minds of LEOs.

15 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Just immediately put the car in park.

6 hours ago, TXSooner518 said:

This is so completely enraging. 

The dipshit Arky lawmaker (and tons of other dipshits on social media) all quick to ask why she couldn't just comply, are the same numb fucks throwing their groceries on the ground at Costco b/c masky hurt facey. Also, per the Arky driver manual, she WASN'T "fleeing" you feeble-minded cuntface.

The cop could have killed not only her, but other innocent drivers.

And the cherry on the sundae is it was over a fuuuuuuucking speeding ticket, not like she has felony warrants out or something, and even in THAT case, this would be insane.

Prison.

my mom watched the video today and said, "what if she was driving her sick baby to the hospital?" and i thought, "that's a pretty great response to officer cuntface's, "i don't know what's going on in your vehicle!" justification. no, dick face, you don't k ow what's going on in her vehicle. maybe there's an emergency. maybe the driver is being held hostage. maybe it's just a pregnant lady driving 80 mph on a wide open three lane highway at night. in any scenario, rolling her fucking vehicle all over the interstate is NOT the answer!! christ this shit makes my blood boil. so needless; so stupid; and yet as per usual, the troops are rallying around johnny law. fuck all of them.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

my mom watched the video today and said, "what if she was driving her sick baby to the hospital?" and i thought, "that's a pretty great response to officer cuntface's, "i don't know what's going on in your vehicle!" justification. no, dick face, you don't k ow what's going on in her vehicle. maybe there's an emergency. maybe the driver is being held hostage. maybe it's just a pregnant lady driving 80 mph on a wide open three lane highway at night. in any scenario, rolling her fucking vehicle all over the interstate is NOT the answer!! christ this shit makes my blood boil. so needless; so stupid; and yet as per usual, the troops are rallying around johnny law. fuck all of them.

All of this.  All of it.

But know that enough of our country is idiotic bootlickers who will "always back the blue!" that we will never, ever solve this problem.

This is American policing, working as designed, and as at least a plurality of the country wants it to.

On 6/9/2021 at 8:39 AM, Cajun said:

@BrazilHorn

Yeah, I always love when they go into "lecture" mode.  It gets even worse when they know they've fucked up, which is often.  It's like clockwork, just like their feigned, "Stay with me buddy, stay with me..." after they've bullet festivaled a "perp".  All theater trained into them for later courtroom viewing.

Cunts

Wanna guess how I know this woman was white?

Jesus. Seems pretty damn fitting with that stupid tick tok video of the cop about to punch the bathroom mirror but his wife hugs him.

I feel ya.  Not trying to dismiss the cop/racist reality, but DO NOT let that overshadow the fact that these fuckers are a danger to all of us lowly citizens, irrespective of skin color.  

"It's a WAR out there!" and we are all "Charlie" in their eyes.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cajun said:

I feel ya.  Not trying to dismiss the cop/racist reality, but DO NOT let that overshadow the fact that these fuckers are a danger to all of us lowly citizens, irrespective of skin color.  

Totally agree, they're worse to minorities but they're generally shitty to everyone.  Shitty is a massive understatement.  We are definitely on the same page on this one, my man. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Totally agree, they're worse to minorities but they're generally shitty to everyone.  Shitty is a massive understatement.  We are definitely on the same page on this one, my man. 

It blows my mind that they want to be treated like heroes, that far too many of them somehow think they are on the same level with our military fighting overseas, but they are not held to the standards that the military is held too.

I knew soldiers in the Army that threw away their careers over adultery, simple theft, and all kinds of other things that were not endangering anybody's lives.  They didn't get  booted out of the Army and then get to go join another military branch.  But way too many of these cops can get fired and go work for another law enforcement agency.

34 minutes ago, Cajun said:

This. You can acknowledge systemic racism exists and that cops will also harrass, kill, brutalize, frame, etc., people irregardless of color.