Aggy poaches schnoss from cockroaches

Gil Bang

"Schloss did win the Big 12 regular season

Now wait just a dang minute. The Big 12? .aggy always refers to the Big 12 as the BDF and a total shite of a conference, one that they finally were able to escape from the bondage of and become free and become conference champs in all things in the SEC. A conference where aggy is able to show there expertise and true skill. Why would aggy take a coach from a shite conference? Yes, Schloss did win the conference but so what? Its a total shite conference, basically equal to the Mountain West or Big East. So where is JIM and his TCU baseball team playing this week? Not in Omaha, but THAT is an aggy tradition."

secrant comment.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Now wait just a dang minute. The Big 12? .aggy always refers to the Big 12 as the BDF and a total shite of a conference, one that they finally were able to escape from the bondage of and become free and become conference champs in all things in the SEC. A conference where aggy is able to show there expertise and true skill. Why would aggy take a coach from a shite conference? Yes, Schloss did win the conference but so what? Its a total shite conference, basically equal to the Mountain West or Big East. So where is JIM and his TCU baseball team playing this week? Not in Omaha, but THAT is an aggy tradition."

secrant comment.

don't you doubt their burning desire...

Just now, tx 3 putt said:

Hate all you want, solid pick up 

I’m curious to see the numbers

I agree. It's an upgrade. the SEC west just tougher.  

Then the question is who LSU picks up.. do they just grab Bianco from UM. and if that happens where do they go for a hire... 

28 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

secrant comment.

*co regular season

I seem to remember their new basketball coach was a slam dunk hire as well. Aggy will aggy.
Somehow Jimbo is overcoming that, but he also may just be a pawn to take the rollercoaster to unseen heights to offer us a more spectacular fall. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

How solid it is depends on what Saarloos does. If he stays at TCU I think this is a win-win for us.

If he goes to A&M well...that would be good for them.

27 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

I seem to remember their new basketball coach was a slam dunk hire as well. Aggy will aggy.
Somehow Jimbo is overcoming that, but he also may just be a pawn to take the rollercoaster to unseen heights to offer us a more spectacular fall. 

they beat 3 teams with a winning record last year

look at how Rumlin started out and how that ended

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

How solid it is depends on what Saarloos does. If he stays at TCU I think this is a win-win for us.

If he goes to A&M well...that would be good for them.

Schloss is good at picking assistants. I think he'll figure it out without Saarloos. Best case scenario for us is that he is on the downhill slope of his career, which you could perhaps argue based on the fact that he hasn't made it out of a regional since 2017 (which sounds slightly worse than it is because of the lost pandemic season).

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

Solid pick up. Horrible choice by Schloss. Your shot at winning at national title is now gone and you’ll win 1…..maybe 2 games in Omaha in the 15ish years you’re there. At least you’re family and all your great grandchildren and shit will be set for life. aggy loves buying championships they never win 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Schloss is good at picking assistants. I think he'll figure it out without Saarloos. Best case scenario for us is that he is on the downhill slope of his career, which you could perhaps argue based on the fact that he hasn't made it out of a regional since 2017 (which sounds slightly worse than it is because of the lost pandemic season).

My point was that Schloss and Saarloos are better together. If they get separated both schools will be a little weaker than they might be otherwise, not that neither can have success. I am sure he can figure something out.

But now what is more important immediately for us is what TCU does. Will they try for Schloss-lite and promote Saarloos or will they try to get that DBU coach? Or something else?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

My point was that Schloss and Saarloos are better together. If they get separated both schools will be a little weaker than they might be otherwise, not that neither can have success. I am sure he can figure something out.

But now what is more important immediately for us is what TCU does. Will they try for Schloss-lite and promote Saarloos or will they try to get that DBU coach? Or something else?

There’s a fella out west named Tommy Nicholson. Got strong Texas ties, was a huge part of our 2014 run and he’s the real brains behind the Stanford operation. Tcu would be stupid not to hire him 

• Rage+1 1

42 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Now that he has changed teams and conferences....shouldn't Schlossnagle change his first name to....Arnold?   Time for a fresh start.

Change last name to Lossnagle.  Good fit with the baseball history at aggy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Well I mean.... it doesn't look that great. 

2018 - missed the tournament completely (33-23 after starting the season preseason top 10 and picked to finish #2 in the Big 12, where they finished 6th) 

2019 - #3 seed at Arkansas (29-24 record)

2020 - COVID

2021 - #6 overall seed and did not even reach regional champ game

Just now, Js1 said:

Well I mean.... it doesn't look that great. 

2018 - missed the tournament completely (33-23 after starting the season preseason top 10 and picked to finish #2 in the Big 12, where they finished 6th) 

2019 - #3 seed at Arkansas (29-24 record)

2020 - COVID

2021 - #6 overall seed and did not even reach regional champ game

Sure, my point is that in an examination of a small sample size, three bad data points is better than (potentially) four.

29 minutes ago, Fletch said:

There’s a fella out west named Tommy Nicholson. Got strong Texas ties, was a huge part of our 2014 run and he’s the real brains behind the Stanford operation. Tcu would be stupid not to hire him 

Just don't watch any tape of the Longhorns at the plate while we was in charge of that part of the game in ATX.

amirite?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I hope whatever team he ends up with eliminates aggy from a regional next year.  That is, assuming aggy makes a regional next year.

They are SEC SEC SEC so long as they are not total dogshit the committee will put them someplace.

1 minute ago, Cajun said:

Just don't watch any tape of the Longhorns at the plate while we was in charge of that part of the game in ATX.

amirite?

Yeah I was wondering if Fletch was being sarcastic or not. But Stanford seems good so I didn't know what to think.

• Haha 1

Just now, Valmy77 said:

Yeah I was wondering if Fletch was being sarcastic or not. But Stanford seems good so I didn't know what to think.

With a few exceptions, our offense was an abomination during the TN era.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, petscii said:

I don't fault him for leaving.  I do wonder why he made such a show of turning us down a few years ago if he was going to leave for Aggy Aggy.

I'd not sleep on Childress getting another job, sooner rather than later.

maybe the "life happening" might have changed his thought process.  he's probably kicking the shit out of himself but he'll ride into the sunset with plenty of money at aggy.  And just think of all the cool SEC labeled gear he'll get now..BONUS!

38 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I'm gonna guess that TNic is an alright to pretty good coach.  Here, though, I think he and Augie created a kind of "all defense all the time" echo chamber.