Aggy poaches schnoss from cockroaches

Gil Bang

39 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'm really torn up that aggy is getting these great coaches that we couldn't even get to come to Texas while our current program continues to.... *checks notes*.... win conference titles and fuckstomp teams out of regionals and look like a more than legitimate national title contender. 

Winning regionals doesn't mean much if you are not in the SECSECSEC. 

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

It is remarkable how much douchier one gets when they put A&M shit on. Even SMU grads cringe a little.

It’s so fucking embarrassing they’re 90 miles east of us. All non Texans, don’t judge us on them, please. Or tech. Or cougar high. Or tcu. Or baylor. Fuck we have a lot of low class piece of shit schools in this state. We should all be damn proud to be Longhorns 

• Haha 1

So schloss is premiere Big XII corch not only for work not done in Big XII, but also TBD on Tech’s work this season?

Lolz.

Edited by slorch

14 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

First I don’t think Tech has the pitching to advance very far in the CWS, and they gotta get past Stanford first. Hope I’m wrong. Would love an all Big 12 final. 

Second, as it stands, they’re largely equal in most metrics in their comparable periods, notably CWS appearances. But TCU has done more while there - 8-8 versus 4-8. Advantage Schloss, barring a run this year. 

Never mind head to head either.

It’s all good though.  Go aggy.

36 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Let’s just look at records since 2013 since they both entered the Big 12 in that year. TCU has 3 1st or T-1st finishes, one 2nd and one 3rd. Tech has 4 1st place or T-1st finishes and two 3rd place finishes. TCU has 4 CWS appearances with an 8-8 record. Tech also has 4 with a 4-8 record. 

If you extend Schloss to his MWC days, he won the last 7 conference seasons and made the 2010 CWS going 3-2. That’s an 11-10 Omaha record and 5 appearances and 6 conference titles /co-titles in the last 12 years (your decade plus 2 years). The answer is Schloss has been the premier coach over the last 9-12 years, unless Tech wins a title this year by going 5-2 or better. 

Yeah, Schloss padded his resume earlier in his B12 stint, but factoring in recency it's Tadlock hands down and it's not really even close.  Schloss hasn't done a whole helluva lot since 2017.

That's only an opinion and certainly open for argument.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Tadlock is 14-16 head to head versus Schloss. Including 0-2 in the CWS. You got any more popping off to do, or baseless arguments from your foggy memory, Sand Aggy?

Sounds like aggy got the right guy… good for them.

8 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

He had a down ‘18 and ‘19. That’s two years. Augie had some down 2-year periods. ‘20 they were gonna be good, and they were good this year until they got beat by UT at their place. One of only 5 national seeds to not advance, with the highest seed after them at 6 being #11. That’s bad. Didn’t have the arms this year. 

fify

And that regular season collapse after we took the series in Ft. Worth was damning in my view.  Schloss is a damned fine coach.  Damned fine.  But for the money, if he and Tadlock my two options today to head up my program I'm taking Tadlock w/o even having to think about it.

Again, just my opinion.

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

And to date...0 + 0 + 0 = 0. Maybe next year.

I think the thing to do is to claim national championships in the years before the college WS and add Creighton to the schedule so they can tell their fans and recruits they go to Omaha every year. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Him and his son look like total dorks. They’re gonna fit in just fine at aggy. 

You can't put on aggy flair and garb w/o immediately being hurled into the "look like total dorks" zone.

It's science.

44 minutes ago, Dewey said:

I think the thing to do is to claim national championships in the years before the college WS and add Creighton to the schedule so they can tell their fans and recruits they go to Omaha every year. 

Don't give them any ideas.

2 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

right on cue.

Somebody who knows Liucci should ask him to make three bets at $1k each, all pay out on what happens first:

1 - Sark makes the College Football Playoff vs Jimbo and aggy makes the Playoff -OR- win the SEC West and play in the SEC CCG

2 - Buzz makes the Elite 8 vs Beard makes the Final Four

3 - Schloss wins 3 games (total) in Omaha vs Pierce makes the Championship Series (this year not included)

I'd feel pretty good about winning all three of those.  Or, at a minimum, not losing.

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

So what’s the story on Schloss’ personal issues?  I see that’s he’s either separated or divorced from his wife and the word was he needed a new start somewhere else outside Fort Worth (though B/CS would suck). 

Maybe he discovered livestock was his true love.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

There’s something off about him. I didn’t like his commentary after the Miss St flirtation, I don’t like the stories I hear about his personal life, and I don’t like he went to Aggy for $300K more than TCU would’ve matched. 

I keep hearing about his personal life? What exactly happened there?

1.  i hate the term "natty."  show a national championship some respect by calling it a national championship or national title.  and if you need to shorten it for Twitter, use "NC."  not fucking "natty."

2.  if the term "natty" is going to be used, it can only be used by people who have actually celebrated national titles won by their schools.  if you ain't won a national title since the last world war, STFU with "natty."

• Hook 'Em 5

10 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

1.  i hate the term "natty."  show a national championship some respect by calling it a national championship or national title.  and if you need to shorten it for Twitter, use "NC."  not fucking "natty."

2.  if the term "natty" is going to be used, it can only be used by people who have actually celebrated national titles won by their schools.  if you ain't won a national title since the last world war, STFU with "natty."

The Office Thank You GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

It's a pretty reliable douchebag indicator.  i.e. Douchebags use the term, almost exclusively.

47 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Natty Lite is the only acceptable form for the word natty.  Such as  "Sully was 10 deep on a Natty Lite 12er before 9a".

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, 66BUFF said:

Natty Lite is the only acceptable form for the word natty.  Such as  "Sully was 10 deep on a Natty Lite 12er before 9a".

Which is why he crashed that plane into the Hudson. 

I’ll see myself out. 

• Haha 1