Bo Schembechler (probably) covered up hundreds of child molestations

texifornia

• texifornia changed the title to Bo Schembechler (probably) covered up hundreds of child molestations

Jeez, nearly 900 people have now retained legal counsel. That’s an awful lot of smoke. The doc appears to be a criminal and Bo the highest form of a piece of shit person.

Serious issues reported at Penn State, Michigan State, Ohio State, now Michigan, and I may be forgetting or unaware of others. The B1G sounds like it really sucks. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

from a dailymail story

He was even accused of offering a medical exemption from the Vietnam War-era draft for patients who would stay quiet about his abuse.

'An undergraduate student saw Dr. Anderson at UHS in the late 1960s seeking support for a medical exemption from the Vietnam War-era draft,' read the WilmerHale report. 'The patient's roommate told him that Dr. Anderson had a reputation for fondling students and then providing them with a draft exemption letter, as long as the patients 'ke[pt] their mouths shut.'

'Following the examination, Dr. Anderson wrote a letter detailing medical issues with the patient's feet and toenails, but the patient did not receive a medical exemption.'

^^^^^ what an idiot

I am thinking that perhaps bo and the dr had a little something going on

Edited by ButtFumble
  • Hook 'Em 1

Da Faq?  His own Son? I almost don't want to believe the story for that reason.   If anyone molested one of my kids, I would hurt them really really bad.   I wouldn't turn a blind eye to molesting other kids, but I probably wouldn't dole out justice on my own. 

2 minutes ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

Da Faq?  His own Son? I almost don't want to believe the story for that reason.   If anyone molested one of my kids, I would hurt them really really bad.   I wouldn't turn a blind eye to molesting other kids, but I probably wouldn't dole out justice on my own. 

not that it should make a difference, but the story says the son making the accusation was an adopted son and bo has another son (did not indicate he was adopted) that says his dad would not have stood for that

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

Holy shit. His 10 year old son told him he was molested and Bo's response was to punch him in the face? 

How else are you gonna toughen the kid up?

Jesus Christ between shit like penn state and this along with college football turning into the nfl minor leagues, it gets harder and harder to watch every year. So how many more days till kick off again?

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

"I can tell you this," Harbaugh said. "Bo Schembechler ... there was nothing that I saw in the times when I was a kid here, my dad was on staff or when I played here ... he never sat on anything. He never procrastinated on anything. He took care of it before the sun went down. That's the Bo Schembechler that I know. There's nothing that ever was swept under the rug or ignored. He addressed everything in a timely fashion. That's the Bo Schembechler that I knew." 

Uh huh, k, sure. Those 850 accusers are just a bunch of assholes.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Vito Andolini said:

Jeez, nearly 900 people have now retained legal counsel. That’s an awful lot of smoke. The doc appears to be a criminal and Bo the highest form of a piece of shit person.

Serious issues reported at Penn State, Michigan State, Ohio State, now Michigan, and I may be forgetting or unaware of others. The B1G sounds like it really sucks. 

43 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Jesus Christ between shit like penn state and this 

And what did SMU get the death penalty for?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

One person who is not happy at all about what Harbaugh said is former Wolverines player Jon Vaughn, who says he was molested by Dr. Anderson.

Vaughn says Harbaugh’s comments were “heartless” and that having a coach who has been “average at best” at his job be an “authority” on this subject is not right.

“I thought it was completely heartless,” Vaughn told the Free Press on Friday. “He’s not a representative of the players. So, why is that he makes these comments as if he is an authority speaking for all of us because he is one of us? You say you knew Bo one way and we say we knew him another — you have more credibility in that?”

“I will never speak out defending those who enabled and let wrong be wrong,” Vaughn said. “So, to have Jim Harbaugh, who is average at best in his career as a Michigan head coach, be an authority of what has already been what close to 1,000 victims … it is clearly in a lot of minds, in a lot of us survivors, that you’re against us.”

“I was not only angered but also hurt,” Vaughn said, “because we have to relive this every day.”

https://detroitsportsnation.com/former-michigan-player-bashes-jim-harbaugh-for-his-defense-of-bo-schembechler/wgbrady/u-of-m-news/06/07/2021/251301/

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Holy shit. His 10 year old son told him he was molested and Bo's response was to punch him in the face? 

That wouldn't be your natural reaction? What's wrong with you? You are not Michigan quality.

• Haha 1

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/31599673/bo-schembechler-son-says-father-knew-michigan-doctor-abuse

And seriously, SMU got the death penalty for doing what a lot of other schools were openly doing, but Michigan was doing this shit:

WilmerHale found that multiple employees at the university failed to act when presented with credible complaints that Anderson was sexually abusing his patients.

Matt Schembechler is not the first to allege that Bo knew about Anderson's abuse. A former student radio announcer said last summer that he told the coach about Anderson in the early 1980s. Several former football players also have told investigators that they spoke to Bo about Anderson's treatment with varying degrees of specificity when they were playing at Michigan.

And Matt has said Bo was violent in the past.

Matt told ESPN he had a rocky relationship with Bo throughout their shared lives. Matt sued his father and the University of Michigan in the late 1990s over a dispute about a sports memorabilia company Matt was running. Around that time, he shared some of the details of his upbringing in a GQ magazine article that framed Bo as a bully at home and on the practice field.

• Hook 'Em 1

It's sad that nothing surprises me anymore. I still love sports and college football most of all, but it just isn't the same as when I was young and blissfully ignorant. To hell with Bo and all on his side and prayers for the victims. May they be taken seriously and not harassed for speaking up.

20 minutes ago, Sock Monkey said:

It's sad that nothing surprises me anymore. I still love sports and college football most of all, but it just isn't the same as when I was young and blissfully ignorant. To hell with Bo and all on his side and prayers for the victims. May they be taken seriously and not harassed for speaking up.

What was your reaction when Ricky was busted by the NFL for smoking weed?

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Michigan saw what happened at Penn State, Michigan State and Ohio State and said, “Hold my beer.”

Disgusting.

you mean “hold my Bell’s”, fudgie.

and you’re right it is disgusting. Both the pedophilia and Bell’s.

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/detroitnews/obituary.aspx?n=robert-e-anderson&pid=182440234&fhid=5988

"After his internship at Hurley Hospital, he joined a private practice in Flint where he developed a new program in sports medicine that provided free physical exams to high school athletes. The program was later adopted by the American Medical Society."

FOR FREE!

46 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Well, adopted son.

Well that's true he was adopted, but if you're not going to treat an adoptrd child like it was your own flesh and blood you have no business marrying his mother or adopting the child. F****** bastards

• Hook 'Em 3