Bo Schembechler (probably) covered up hundreds of child molestations

texifornia

8 minutes ago, blacklab said:

Ah, the old "everyone does it" excuse. You should hang out with sooners and aggy, you'd fit right in.

That’s a total misread. You should know better than that. Get too arrogant and it might come back to bite you in the ass

<*cough* AMA *cough*>

• Fuck You 3

Who was the former Texas QB who had some sexual scandal with a student? Or an assistant? Maybe get off your high horse and address these messy issues like adults, not like as some sort of justification for why the results in athletic competition aren’t exactly what you’d like them to be. 

• Fuck You 3

On 6/10/2021 at 1:50 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

Sometimes I wonder if there’s a more chilling truth and that a lot more people have experienced it than we’re aware of and just figure it’s a fact of life so just suck it up and deal with it. 

5 hours ago, Thermos H. Christ said:

"Bo said, ‘Toughen up,” Kwiatkowski said. “Bo knew.”

It doesn't excuse Bo, but it does make sense he might've been a victim himself.

If you are hit with a hardship (of any kind) and your way to make it through the subsequent struggle was to "toughen up" and "play through the pain", then you'd probably dole that advice out to others you see going through the same experience you did.

And Jesus fucking Christ on a fucking cracker ass cracker it was a fucking joke that Woody should have punched Bo for being a pedo cover up artist rather than the poor Clemson kid but of course the most pendantic fucking jorts wearing douche ass fucking douche on this board had to think it was some shot at his stupid dead ass fucking dead fucking bitch ass of a coach and come running to fucking defend him with "well that's just how it was back then"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

And Jesus fucking Christ on a fucking cracker ass cracker it was a fucking joke that Woody should have punched Bo for being a pedo cover up artist rather than the poor Clemson kid but of course the most pendantic fucking jorts wearing douche ass fucking douche on this board had to think it was some shot at his stupid dead ass fucking dead fucking bitch ass of a coach and come running to fucking defend him with "well that's just how it was back then"

5:00 comes early…

Who was the former Texas QB who had some sexual scandal with a student? Or an assistant? Maybe get off your high horse and address these messy issues like adults, not like as some sort of justification for why the results in athletic competition aren’t exactly what you’d like them to be. 

Are you comparing this to Major Applewhite having consensual sex with a trainer?
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

9 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

And I haven't read this whole thread, but the idea of a Dr molesting a 250lb football player seems odd.  Why wouldn't the player just put him through a wall?

It is amazing the amount of power physicians wield. Patients are so trusting and I think often are in denial while something like this is happening. There is an orthopedist here in Texas who has subsequently lost his license and hopefully is on his way to prison if not already there who was sticking fingers in women’s vaginas as part of his hip joint “examination”. Sickening 

On 6/10/2021 at 11:21 AM, hpslugga said:

Exactly. SMU was among the more saintly actors out there. There wasn't a campus-wide rape culture like at Baylor, there wasn't a campus-wide gun culture like at OU, there wasn't a campus-wide drug culture like at...well various places. No Joe, no Bo, no Woodrow getting a woody about dead kids in Vietnam or punching players in the throat on national TV. No, SMU was executed because some guys decided to pay football players and acted like asses about it when questioned by the authorities. Fuck. How else are you supposed to explain to a kid that the lessons you learn playing college football are anything other than "whatever you do, don't get caught?"

And I'm not in any way suggesting that Michigan, or any other program, deserves/deserved the death penalty. But holy shit, each one of these stories actually makes the NCAA look worse and worse for doing that compared to other things that were happening right under their noses. That decision did not age well...at all.

Well that's actually one reason why the NCAA shouldn't have invented jurisdiction to sanction PSU.  Now every time there is a perv scandal, the NCAA feels they need to sanction a football team or risk looking like they condone it. 

Or they can just stick with their usual reputation for scape goating certain institutions. 

On 6/10/2021 at 11:50 AM, WhatTheBuck said:

Sexual predators are skilled at deception. I think a lot of people just can’t believe that a doctor could or would do such a thing so they probably have extra cover. I don’t know. Sometimes I wonder if there’s a more chilling truth and that a lot more people have experienced it than we’re aware of and just figure it’s a fact of life so just suck it up and deal with it. That’s a scary thought. Joe Paterno grew up Catholic in Brooklyn so I’ve always wondered about what he might have experienced or heard about during his childhood. 

There's almost no way to catch a doctor perv without scrutiny from another medical professional. Instead of asking "when did some person claim he told the coach?"  Ask what was he hearing at the time? what did it look like was happening? 

21 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Legends - Dahmer, Gacy, ORD Buckeye

Leaders - Paterno, Schembechler, Sandusky, WhatTheBuck

20 hours ago, Fletch said:

HH Holmes went to Michigan for a little bit. Can we count him?

How could you forget 

Edited by notre dame joe

15 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Charlie Bauman couldn’t even feel that punch. Those were different times. Woody would punch his own players but he loved them and they knew it. They loved him back. Don’t act like that wasn’t common across the college football world at the time. 

Coaches punching opposing  teams’ players was not fucking common. Ever.  
Ridiculous 

Edited by DigglerontheHoof
Grammar & shit
  • Hook 'Em 2

18 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Charlie Bauman couldn’t even feel that punch. Those were different times. Woody would punch his own players but he loved them and they knew it. They loved him back. Don’t act like that wasn’t common across the college football world at the time. 

tenor.gif?itemid=11441677

• Like 1

The problem is when a football coach hears "The doctor touched me" he thinks No shit, that's his job.   I said basically the same thing in the Nassar scandal.  You would have to have another Doctor spying on the perp to distinguish between molestation and examination.  And to set that up you have to already know it's happening. 

24 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I understand where you’re coming from but you don’t know shit. 

Here’s what I do know

Earlier in this thread you defended him hitting players as “everyone does it”

if I heard Royal or Mack Brown hit players I wouldn’t down play it or excuse it, I would say that’s fucked up and shouldn’t be done and view them in a lesser light. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, notre dame joe said:

The problem is when a football coach hears "The doctor touched me" he thinks No shit, that's his job.   I said basically the same thing in the Nassar scandal.  You would have to have another Doctor spying on the perp to distinguish between molestation and examination.  And to set that up you have to already know it's happening. 

Yeah, I don’t think that’s the problem. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I understand where you’re coming from but you don’t know shit. 

1 hour ago, blacklab said:

Here’s what I do know

Earlier in this thread you defended him hitting players as “everyone does it”

if I heard Royal or Mack Brown hit players I wouldn’t down play it or excuse it, I would say that’s fucked up and shouldn’t be done and view them in a lesser light. 

Now go get your fucking shine box

You’re a piece of shit just like the rest of your shit ass state. We have this thing called pride. Is our history perfect? No. No ones is. But we strive everyday to become a better institution top to bottom. Y’all do everything in the name of football and you just proved it you arrogant ass. 

Read this thread and stories linked.

Fuck.

This is why you burn programs down.

But we won’t. Because when it comes down to it, enough of us are fine with ANYTHING, of it means the team isn’t disrupted and has a better chance of winning.

If anything like this came out about Texas, and we didn’t clean house and burn shit down, I’d be done with Texas athletics. That’s the only sane fucking approach.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Read this thread and stories linked.

Fuck.

This is why you burn programs down.

But we won’t. Because when it comes down to it, enough of us are fine with ANYTHING, of it means the team isn’t disrupted and has a better chance of winning.

If anything like this came out about Texas, and we didn’t clean house and burn shit down, I’d be done with Texas athletics. That’s the only sane fucking approach.

you can burn as much as you want to but this is a world wide problem.  Worse in some places than others.  You want a place to start burning down weird possibly illegal sex stuff?  How about burning down pee in her butt?   

9 hours ago, PRONG HORN said:

you can burn as much as you want to but this is a world wide problem.  Worse in some places than others.  You want a place to start burning down weird possibly illegal sex stuff?  How about burning down pee in her butt?   

Wouldn’t the pee just put the fire out though?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, PRONG HORN said:

A money making enterprise that is also a public institution designed for betterment of citizens knowingly participating in sexcrimes is somewhat different than what you want to believe this discussion is about.

Some random sick fuck sticking his dirty fingers into girls and boys is not supported by tax dollars and tuition fees to help the football team win.

The observation that there is evil in the world is more than a little pedestrian for this board.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

Great job by B10 network showing Michigan football today. Maybe wait a few decades before showing anything involving Bo.

Which great game of B0 were they going to show?

they have a fine program that is noted, in particular, for coughing up hairballs in big games. Let's review the record of their greatest coach, Bo Schembechler -- 
1969: Michigan wins the Big 10 but then loses the Rose Bowl to USC 10-3
1970: Michigan is 9-0 heading into Ohio State but comes up short 20-9
1971: Michigan is 11-0 and facing heavy underdog Stanford in the Rose Bowl: 13-12 Stanford
1972: 10-0 heading into OSU: 14-11 Buckeyes
1973: 10-0 and Michigan has Ohio State at home: 10-10 tie and the conference athletic directors vote to send the Buckeyes to the Rose Bowl
1974: 10-0 heading into Columbus: 12-10 Buckeyes
1975: 8-0-2 and have OSU at home: 21-14 OSU. But good news, the Big 10 now allows other Big 10 teams to go to a bowl. 14-6 Oklahoma over Michigan in the Orange Bowl
1976: Inexplicable 16-14 loss to Purdue, but Michigan finally gets by Ohio State and goes to the Rose Bowl. Oh goody: 14-6 USC
1977: Another dumb conference loss, this one 16-0 to Minnesota. But they beat the Buckeyes and they're back in the Rose Bowl and a huge favorite over 7-4 Washington, so finally Michigan's going to win the Rose Bowl. Oops: 27-20 Washington
1978: This time the conference gag is against MSU but the Wolves beat the Bucks again and are back in the Rose Bowl. Same song, 18th verse: 17-10 USC
1979: Michigan has Devine's worst team in Ann Arbor and the Wolves have already tuned up on Northwestern and it's ND's opener. No matter, Bob Crable blocks a game-winning FG attempt and ND wins 12-10. 8-3 Michigan finally gets an easy bowl opponent, UNC in the Gator Bowl. Thanks for playing Bo: 17-15 UNC.
1980: Finally Michigan wins a Rose Bowl (over Washington). But a 51-yard FG by Harry Oliver beats UM in ND stadium. The next week the stunned Wolves also lose to South Carolina, removing them from NC consideration.
1981: Bo finally beats ND (Faust's 5-6 team) and beats UCLA in a bowl game. The bad news? It's the Bluebonnet Bowl.
1982: Bo gets beat by Faust but still makes it to the Rose Bowl at 8-3 and plays UCLA. UCLA wins of course, 24-14.
1983: Good news: ND's off the schedule for Bo. Bad news, they have to play Washington again and lose 27-25. 9-2 Michigan gets invited to the Sugar Bowl where they lose to Auburn 9-7. Bo has now managed to lose 3 of the then-Big 4 bowls.
1984: Michigan flops around to a 6-5 record and then makes history as the weakest opponent ever in a bowl game for a national championship team as BYU gets by them 24-17 to claim the NC even though BYU would've been a 2-touchdown underdog to either Oklahoma or Nebraska.
1985: A conference loss to Iowa and a tie with Illinois keeps UM out of the Rose Bowl and NC consideration. UM does beat Nebraska in the Fiesta Bowl.
1986: Familiar scene. ND is jobbed by a bad call as the game-winning TD is ruled out of bounds. UM somehow loses to Minnesota in Ann Arbor but still makes it to the Rose Bowl where the Wolves lose 22-15 to ASU. ASU is now the 5th Pac 8 or 10 team to beat Bo's teams in the Rose Bowl.
1987: Lou drills UM 26-7 in Ann Arbor. Michigan suffers 3 more losses to go 8-4.
1988: Gillette's miss allows ND to win 19-17 setting up ND's 12-0 season. UM does finally manage to win the Rose Bowl over USC. ND defeats both participants in the Rose Bowl during the regular season.
1989: Rocket runs back two kickoffs and Michigan loses 24-19. Michigan plays well and wins the next 10 before losing the Rose Bowl to USC. ND beats both participants in the Rose Bowl, again. 
And thus concludes Bo's career.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2021 at 3:23 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

According to the players in the press conference, they were 17 and 18 year old kids. They didn’t know how to react. One of them mentioned that he eventually grabbed the doctor’s hand and pulled it...um...out. But they also talked about how much they loved going to school, playing for their team, the camaraderie with their teammates, and the chance to win a conference championship and go play in the Rose Bowl. They didn’t know how to react and there were no adults in their life to guide them. They had to figure it out on their own. You beat the shit out of the doctor who’s sticking his finger up your rectum and who are they going to believe? You or the doctor? That probably ends your career. 

Aren't there stories about the doctor requesting sex favors to help players/ex-players receive a medical deferment to avoid Vietnam? Some may have accepted that trade-off.

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Aren't there stories about the doctor requesting sex favors to help players/ex-players receive a medical deferment to avoid Vietnam? Some may have accepted that trade-off.

Yes, I read that in one of the stories last week. Then he wasn't able to give them -- or wouldn't -- the deferral.

1 hour ago, SwanderedTalent said:

the 1988 Notre Dame-USC game wasn't played in or at the Rose Bowl, it was played at the Coliseum 

ND Joe is a moron but I think he's saying the '88 Irish beat both teams who participated in the Rose Bowl game during the regular season -- Michigan and USC.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

On 6/14/2021 at 12:00 PM, longhornmatt said:

What do you mean the doctor’s note isn’t enough for a deferral?  That son of a bitch.   Wait a second … this is 1969.   Hmm.

Ok, I didn’t want to have to say this, Lieutenant, but I’m still ineligible for service regardless of my medical history.  You see, I’ve had homosexual contact with my doctor.  

Of all the sorry tricks to get out of service … you will try anything to dodge the draft!  

No, no.  This part is actually true.  Everyone knows.  Just ask around about the guy.

Yeah, yeah, you and the doctor.  I’m sure Bo Schembechler and Joe Paterno are perverts, too, right?  You’re on the first plane to Saigon, buddy!

Recruiter:
Now, are either of you homosexuals?

John Winger:
You mean like flaming?

Recruiter:
Well, it's a question we have to ask of all our new recruits.

Russell Ziskey:
No, we're not homosexual, but we are willing to learn.

Edited by C-Man
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1