2021 Non-Austin Super Regionals Thread

TrashMaster G

Dawg, you'd better hope they don't get around to Mongo again here.
Your best bet is that he remains in the locker room shaving his neck with a live alligator gar.
You were saying. Perfect double play speed by the big man. We don't turn too many of those this year.

#HailState

25 minutes ago, msudawg said:

Hmm. We can hash it out over some beers this fall my man. I know it will be hard to forget once we beat ya again.

#HailState

This ain’t the same team from February. Also, we’re fucking Texas. Bring it 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

This ain’t the same team from February. Also, we’re fucking Texas. Bring it 
I agree. Unfortunately Riley self is out for the season (stupid announcers talking about protective pads... He's recovering from tj idiots)

It will be highly unlikely we get 18k's VS ya'll.

#HailState

I can't imagine, if I were a Tennessee or Mississippi State player, being in a CWS field with Stanford, Vanderbilt, Arizona, Texas, and Virginia.  And somebody from another one of those teams, just to be polite, asks what you're studying...and all you can say is (because you don't actually study or even go to class) "They weren't actually cousins!"  

Y'all play good ball in the SEC.  Way overhyped, but solid baseball for the most part. But you're not student-athletes, you're not educated, you're not worthy of the taint part of the rosin bag.  Vandy should get through and we'll deal with that when we have to.  Otherwise, I'm fucking tired of pretending every "college" matters in this country.  

3 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

When does the playful banter with msudawg turn into frothy, rapey, untethered rage?

Likely never. I'll likely take off till the day of the game, and pop in to say hello. I'm not here to fight the fight. People will either respect our program or take cheap MS shots, or the standard sec-sec-sec hate, or just be homers because you are the kings of college baseball history. 

I will leave some stats to note, we can never catch up to the top 5 programs history likely. but Show me another school over the past 10 years (2011-2021)that has a comparable record. Arkansas maybe. 

9/10 years in NCAA tournament.

7/10 years have made super regional - including 5 straight

4/10 years made Omaha including 3 straight currently, including a 3rd and 2nd place finish. 

4 different head coaches in last 5 seasons. 

This is not the same inconsistent Polk teams of the  80's and 90's. 

Unless we are going to be FSU, we will break thru sooner than later. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I can't imagine, if I were a Tennessee or Mississippi State player, being in a CWS field with Stanford, Vanderbilt, Arizona, Texas, and Virginia.  And somebody from another one of those teams, just to be polite, asks what you're studying...and all you can say is (because you don't actually study or even go to class) "They weren't actually cousins!"  

Y'all play good ball in the SEC.  Way overhyped, but solid baseball for the most part. But you're not student-athletes, you're not educated, you're not worthy of the taint part of the rosin bag.  Vandy should get through and we'll deal with that when we have to.  Otherwise, I'm fucking tired of pretending every "college" matters in this country.  

Case in point. Lobo is likely a trash collector who does the most complex math formulas on the glass windows of the PMO at night and is secretly hoping he can tell Thomas Chen he was the real inspiration for Good Will Hunting some day. 

What the fuck does that have to do with Baseball. Can your players count to 3 strikes or 4 balls? are they good enough to get into the MLB and send back money to the school. Good. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Calm the fuck down, Barbara.  Just trash talk.  Your team is solid, your school is shit, and who gives a fuck about what you think.  You honestly didn't think in the next 6+ days, your school's reputation wasn't gonna come up?  I'll make it more clever next time.  But your lineup is stout.  I am just not sold on Tennessee, maybe famous last words.  I suspect we'll be playing one another (MSU and TEX) at least twice next week.  I'm biased because the other baseball player I roomed/tried-out with at Stetson transferred to Starkville.  And then shit got weird.  Gonna be a fun CWS, lighten up! ;)

Edited by Lobo

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

Calm the fuck down, Barbara.  Just trash talk.  Your team is solid, your school is shit, and who gives a fuck about what you think.  You honestly didn't think in the next 6+ days, your school's reputation wasn't gonna come up?  I'll make it more clever next time.  But your lineup is stout.  I am just not sold on Tennessee, maybe famous last words.  I suspect we'll be playing one another (MSU and TEX) at least twice next week.  Or maybe the nerds at UVA will take us all down. 

No worries. I thought my jabs back in good faith.  As I noted, i'm not gonna go back and forth on the jabs that have nothing to do with non-baseball related stuff. 

Sorry for blowing your cover ***

Our scoring will go as the bottom half of our order goes. they produced tonight. actually our damn cleanup hitter (hancock)  got a hit and walk for the first time in 5 games tonight and that was a good sign.  That's the big reason why I don't trust our offense, the top 4 of 5 can only do so much. We had some very lucky bounces go our way tonight or the game is very different.  Rowdey beating out the DP in the 2nd was key.  If you keep errors to a minimum and don't string together walks / hbp than we could struggle. 

It will help that we have some experience with being in Omaha recently.  

1 hour ago, msudawg said:

Likely never. I'll likely take off till the day of the game, and pop in to say hello. I'm not here to fight the fight. People will either respect our program or take cheap MS shots, or the standard sec-sec-sec hate, or just be homers because you are the kings of college baseball history. 

I will leave some stats to note, we can never catch up to the top 5 programs history likely. but Show me another school over the past 10 years (2011-2021)that has a comparable record. Arkansas maybe. 

9/10 years in NCAA tournament.

7/10 years have made super regional - including 5 straight

4/10 years made Omaha including 3 straight currently, including a 3rd and 2nd place finish. 

4 different head coaches in last 5 seasons. 

This is not the same inconsistent Polk teams of the  80's and 90's. 

Unless we are going to be FSU, we will break thru sooner than later. 

“4 different head coaches in last 5 seasons”

Can you enlighten us on why MS has had so many diff coaches lately?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Didn't they have a head coach that took over early in the season and then was not retained at the end of the season despite coach of the year talk?  That's 3 right there.

MSUDAWG is good people...

Edited by petscii
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

John Cohen decided to retire as a coach and is now our AD..which is kinda odd, because he is relatively young. (2016)

Next we hired Andy Cannizaro. Good first season (2017).

2nd season (2018) "distracted" in the dugout during opening series vs USM in Hattiesburg. He was let go as soon as he got back to campus. Gary Henderson technically was only the intern head coach, but it was for 65 games..and a run to the tie for 5th place finish.

Finally, we hire Chris Lemonis to start the 2019 Season. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, msudawg said:

John Cohen decided to retire as a coach and is now our AD..which is kinda odd, because he is relatively young. (2016)

Next we hired Andy Cannizaro. Good first season (2017).

2nd season (2018) "distracted" in the dugout during opening series vs USM in Hattiesburg. He was let go as soon as he got back to campus. Gary Henderson technically was only the intern head coach, but it was for 65 games..and a run to the tie for 5th place finish.

Finally, we hire Chris Lemonis to start the 2019 Season. 

What did the coach do or not do in the dugout to get canned? 

On February 19, 2018, Cannizaro resigned as the head coach of Mississippi State University's baseball team after it was discovered that he had an extramarital affair with a Mississippi State football staff assistant. At the time he was married with two children, and his wife was reportedly pregnant with a third child. His resignation was accepted immediately by Athletic Director John Cohen. His resignation came three games into the Diamond Dawgs’ season.

Oops. 

56 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

What did the coach do or not do in the dugout to get canned? 

The only reason I remember any of this was because there was butthurt "Coach of the year" talk for Henderson on the Internet, which was countered with "MSU did not think he was coach of the year as they let him go."

Good times.

The only reason I remember any of this was because there was butthurt "Coach of the year" talk for Henderson on the Internet, which was countered with "MSU did not think he was coach of the year as they let him go."

Good times.
It proved to be the right choice it appears..
Gary has had a rough time since then with his son commuting suicide. But he just landed the head job at Utah.

#HailState

a7a870832b8ab466e9900326852453ec.gif

1 hour ago, Pimphand said:

Too bad he became a Mizzou fan after state clowned him for going on Tosh

Mizzou. then USM. now he's back on the home team I guess (he lives in Tuscaloosa) He's just an idiot who was looking for attention to pump up his radio show. 

1 hour ago, msudawg said:

Mizzou. then USM. now he's back on the home team I guess (he lives in Tuscaloosa) He's just an idiot who was looking for attention to pump up his radio show. 

LMFAO so I went to his youtube channel and yes it does appear he has gone back to supporting MSU.
image.thumb.png.51fc85ea0406d9cc0e1d2f1c9e61051b.png

23 total views.... He needs to go back to making rants.

Edited by Pimphand