Halt and Catch Fire

APMP

Just got around to finishing the fourth and final season of this show. Man it went from okay to one of my favorites of all time. The last four episodes were as good a series conclusion as I've seen. And the Finale, with those scenes and that song - perfect.

It's on Netflix, go watch it.

Team Donna always.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...

Bumping this few years late like I was a few years late to the tech revolution.

Binged the whole series on Neftflix recently and just finished it up today. What a fantastic final season and arguably the best series finale since Six Feet Under. 

Highly recommend this if you haven't watched it. 

One of my favorite shows of the 2000s. That last season was brilliant, even though I sometimes wonder whether the major event needed to happen a few episodes before the end (no spoilers, but y'all know what I am talking about).

And yes, the finally was absolute perfection. Solsbury Hill will never be better.

Not really breaking any new ground from my OP, but worth saying again.

• 11 months later...
2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Very underrated show that I caught long after the original episodes aired. I'm sure there are reason why but I would liked if they could have pumped the brakes and spread this over 90 episodes instead of 40.

Nobody was watching it in real life at the time, sadly.  It was almost canceled a couple of times.

As a computer nerd of the 70s and 80s who ended up as a computer engineer in the 90s and 2000s, I loved the show.  

And definitely Team Dirty Donna.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Captain Ron said:

Stalled in the middle of season 3. Might need to pick this back up from the comments here. 

I hit a wall as well, though I don't remember which season.  Season 1 connected with me more than the others.  My first PC was one of these bad boys that I bought from the employee store while I was still a teenager working an entry level job at TI in the early '80s.  "Portable" meant it had a handle, but otherwise, it was a beast.  

Peter's z80.eu site blog - Ultra rare Texas Instruments Portable  Professional Computer (PPC)

Great series. The first season was awesome! I thought they spanned too many years too quickly, going from PC (mid-80's) to the internet (mid-to late 90's) too quickly for a 4 season show. 

But I loved it. I grew up on mid-80's PCs and Digital Revolution stuff, so it was in my wheelhouse. 

Cameron and Donna were both smoke shows!

• 1 month later...

Just finished binging. Great show that this nerd definitely appreciated.

I remember the day I needed a powerful "portable" computer. I ended up going to Home Depot to get some bolts and a handle and drilled some holes in my full size pc case to carry it. Got some looks when I flew with it as my carry on.... 

As for team Donna, team Cam... Later Cam vs anytime Donna... Yeah Team Donna wins again.

• 1 month later...