VAPA is back y'all

Gil Bang

8 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

I believe that the current rule of thumb is that law enforcement can force you to unlock it with a face ID or fingerprint because those are immutable physical characteristics and not speech, but that they can't compel you to divulge or enter a PIN. 

But I don't follow this very closely, and of course, the mere fact that something is unconstitutional has never been a perfectly effective defense or deterrent when dealing with pissant cops. 

I bet that whatshisname with the bulletproof and soundproof and x-ray proof and invisible Mitsubishi Eclipse that part of the crowd ran out of here for no really good reason a few years ago could probably answer a lot questions on this topic. 

5 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

That was VAPA IIRC, and yeah, I too thought he was a paranoid nut.

I don't think that anymore.  I think the dude was on to something.  

I think it's the thread for saying one thing and then saying the opposite four hours later?

I used to hate brussel sprouts as a kid, but now I like them.

I'll wait four hours and then claim I still don't like them.

Gil Bang, please let me know if I'm doing it wrong.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Hate said:

Yeah, I said it.  I don't know if they taste worse than they smell or smell worse than they taste. 

Sounds like you've never had well prepared brussels sprouts - halved and tossed with balsamic, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper and then air fried or oven roasted is fuckin goooooood

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Sounds like you've never had well prepared brussels sprouts - halved and tossed with balsamic, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper and then air fried or oven roasted is fuckin goooooood

That’s exactly how I’ve had the prepared and they still taste and smell awful. My wife and son love them, but they taste very bitter and metallic to me. And they stink up the house.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 6/14/2021 at 8:32 AM, Hate said:

That’s exactly how I’ve had the prepared and they still taste and smell awful. My wife and son love them, but they taste very bitter and metallic to me. And they stink up the house.

Does cilantro taste like soap to you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/14/2021 at 8:32 AM, Hate said:

You're in luck. People sensitive to the bitterness of vegetables are apparently less susceptible to COVID. 

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2021-05-foods-super-bitter-covid.html

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/13/2021 at 8:09 PM, Captainant said:

That's how my wife makes them.  But I'm so traumatized by 1970s vintage Brussel sprouts I'm not gonna try them.

14 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

You can say what you want about Kale, but you start badmouthing brussel sprouts and we got a problem..... especially if they're roasted with bacon.

Based on your opinion about everything else then this means I am absolutely 100% correct.

Thanks for the confirmation.

• Like 1