Surly Horns Super Regional Watch Party and Bar Tab (DALLAS)

immamac

I'm in Tyler and a few drinks in or I'd make a road trip (nah, I'm old and probably wouldn't).  Hope you get a good turnout.

But you should roll over to Peticolas's tap room.  He's a friend, and I like to promote

Edited by dcbc

Save the $200 bring it back to Austin. Let me know if y’all want to tear up the Celis Brewery tap room one night. Dog friendly, plenty of room to donkey around and a couple food trailers. Check out the back bar build with a stage for future beer garden in progress.

I can have my people get in touch with your people to prepare for you people.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Glad that we don't have to worry about that.  We're from the internet, remember?

Lol I’m neither cool nor a kid. I’m not in touch with what the youths are doing anymore

15 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Inwood Tavern is good.  Still on team City Tavern so I can just stumble down Elm Street.

Inwood tavern is not good for bitches. I'm down for deep ellum area cause hoodrats but whatever works. No dress code 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sal said:

Lol I’m neither cool nor a kid. I’m not in touch with what the youths are doing anymore

There is some real talent on display at that place on the weekends.  Almost as much as when it was a swingers bar way back when.  It used to be known as the Jet Set Club.

Edited by DalTxHornFan

Just now, Zepol87 said:

Inwood tavern is not good for bitches. I'm down for deep ellum area cause hoodrats but whatever works. No dress code 

You say ‘no dress code,’ and I fully expect someone on here to show up with a thong up their fat crack

1 minute ago, Zepol87 said:

Deep Ellum can work.  When you say "not good for bitches", do you mean not good for picking up bitches, or not good for the bitch (es) you bring?

3 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

There is some real talent on display at that place on the weekends.  Almost as much as when it was a swingers bar way back when.

Lmao.  I have never been as I am not much of a drinker these days.  What was it, Jet Set?

36 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

That was the name of the place.  I had a lawyer client take me there with his wife.  I had my "Observer" hat on.

I just remember being at Ruggieros over there and someone said what the hell is that place and someone else said, "swingers bar."

City Tavern no longer exists.  it has been replaced by a new spot called Ye Olde Scarlet Pumpernickel Tavern.  had no idea until the other night when i was next door at The Mitchell.  this new spot looks pretty cool though.  has a fantastic beer menu.

https://pumpernickeltavern.com/

Barley House is always good.  up by SMU.  there will be plenty of chicks there for the single dudes.  i was there last weekend.  it was packed.

Edited by Jive Turkey

22 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

City Tavern no longer exists.  it has been replaced by a new spot called Ye Olde Scarlet Pumpernickel Tavern.  had no idea until the other night when i was next door at The Mitchell.  this new spot looks pretty cool though.  has a fantastic beer menu.

https://pumpernickeltavern.com/

Barley House is always good.  up by SMU.  there will be plenty of chicks there for the single dudes.  i was there last weekend.  it was packed.

City Tavern has moved to 1514 Elm Street.  Happened about 3-4 years ago.  The moose out front should have told you. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Ravishing Rick said:

I'm in Highland Park, and my wife and kids are out of town.  Have y'all picked a place?  Inwood Tavern always guarantees an interesting night.

Sideways brag about highland park?

Time to take Immamac to his first titty bar!

6 hours ago, Stunns38 said:

Don’t go Uptown unless you want to get shot. Area has gone downhill after 10p.

Really?  Not super surprising I guess given its history, but I thought it had gentrified past that.

Speaking of which, I drove past Humperdinck's building on G'ville, as I do with some frequency.  I kinda miss that place.  Nothing super special, but solid place to watch a game and had pretty decent bar food.

Edited by TwiceHorn

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Really?  Not super surprising I guess given its history, but I thought it had gentrified past that.

Speaking of which, I drove past Humperdinck's building on G'ville, as I do with some frequency.  I kinda miss that place.  Nothing super special, but solid place to watch a game and had pretty decent bar food.

And a pretty damn good softball team in the late 80s early 90s

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Surly Horns Super Regional Watch Party and Bar Tab (DALLAS)
  • immamac unpinned this topic