Austin Mass Shooting

Guest Lobo

This happens every night in every big city. The gun he stole must have been loaded with frangible ammo and a bunch of people got hit with fragments. That’s why the number of victims is high but nobody is dead. Also, hood rats don’t spend a lot of time at the range honing they skillzs. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Woke up to different family members texting or posting on Facebook this morning:  So are you guys okay?  Heard about the shooting!

Me: Yeah, sure, my 40-something ass with two young kids is hanging out on 6th street at one in the morning when there's a fucking biker rally in town.

Come On Reaction GIF by NBA

Lol same. My exact words were, “I’m almost 40. Come on.

3 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Without context, I’m not sure if the cops are taking her to safety or taking her to be raped.

Man buns and woke beards say they're taking her to Starbucks where she'll bleed out waiting for her latte.

24 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

This happens every night in every big city. The gun he stole must have been loaded with frangible ammo and a bunch of people got hit with fragments. That’s why the number of victims is high but nobody is dead. Also, hood rats don’t spend a lot of time at the range honing they skillzs. 

What do you mean stole?

I was assured that this guy was a licensed concealed carrier.  A patriot of sorts.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, justhookit said:

“Police have only released a vague description of the suspected shooter as of Saturday morning. The Austin American-Statesman is not including the description as it is too vague at this time to be useful in identifying the shooter and such publication could be harmful in perpetuating stereotypes.”

if it’s the same as the one in the post above, the description is pretty fucking detailed.

I laughed out loud when I read this. I thought it was from The Onion.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

I like this little editor’s note from the Statesman on why they didnn’t include the description of the shooters in their story. It’s only “harmful in perpetuating stereotypes” when it doesn’t fit their narrative. I have a feeling if the description was “white biker in leather vest” they would’ve run with it. 

Editor's note: Police have only released a vague description of the suspected shooter as of Saturday morning. The Austin American-Statesman is not including the description as it is too vague at this time to be useful in identifying the shooter and such publication could be harmful in perpetuating stereotypes. If more detailed information is released, we will update our reporting.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

re: AAS not releasing the description.... about 3 or 4 years ago, a woman was physically held up by knife point as she tried to open her car door in the Target (on reasearch)  parking lot after buying some stuff... a good samaritan heard her cry for help, got out his camera, videoed the perp, clear face on vid, knife on vid, whole clothing ensemble on vid and chased the guy off...  woman not hurt. 

the video was given to the victim, emailed to cops, the local tv stations and the AAS...  and despte the perp being of a very obvious race, with very distinctive hairdoo and a normal t shirt and shorts... all that was released to the public was he was a medium build man with X color t shirt and black shorts.

again this wasnt the case of a eyewitness saying something.  everything was caught on clear HD camera... yet even then none of the news outlets would say what rave the suspect was.... 

womans husband posted the video to my neighborhood page which is how I saw it. 

Edited by AUS-97HORN
  • Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, 3adays said:

I like this little editor’s note from the Statesman on why they didnn’t include the description of the shooters in their story. It’s only “harmful in perpetuating stereotypes” when it doesn’t fit their narrative. I have a feeling if the description was “white biker in leather vest” they would’ve run with it. 

Editor's note: Police have only released a vague description of the suspected shooter as of Saturday morning. The Austin American-Statesman is not including the description as it is too vague at this time to be useful in identifying the shooter and such publication could be harmful in perpetuating stereotypes. If more detailed information is released, we will update our reporting.

Well we know it wasn't a biker. A biker worth his salt would have gotten a higher kill count out of 13 rounds. 

1 hour ago, phdhorn said:

I laughed out loud when I read this. I thought it was from The Onion.

The Onion can't write stories about ATX.  Any of the nutjob bs storylines they can think of would just be blown outta the water by the reality of the Austin freak show.

Just not worth the trouble.

Edited by Cajun

The "marked safe" list on my Facebook friends list is hilarious. No Miss 50 Year Old hippie chick, I was not concerned you got hit in a crossfire while you were out gettin' crunk on Dirty Sixth last night. 

Haha. A doctor friend marked herself safe. I like to think she’s smarter than that. At least I hope so for her patients’ sake.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, 3adays said:

“Shooter’s name is Larry.  He answers to the aliases L-dog and skinny L.  He is 5’ 10” tall and weighs exactly 154 lbs.   He has a birthmark on his right calf in the shape of the state of Florida, a large mole above his left lip, and a tattoo of Snoopy the dog on his right forearm.  He is also black.”

AAS - “Too vague!”

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

Last time I stayed in Austin was about 5 years ago. Staying at the Omni and wife and her friend were down on 6th (I assume).  They came back about 1230 or so as wife wasn’t feeling good (soon found out she was preggo, again), I had the babies in the room (at the time).   Right about 0150, we hear about 7-8 gunshots, close.  Real fucking close.  I go to the window and cars are blowing out of that parking garage at 7th/San Jacinto.  We were on 5-6th floor iirc so has a really good look. See a bunch of cops running down street and they cover the entrances of the garage.  No one comes in or out this garage for about 90 minutes.  Then nothing. No amberlamps.   Cops just walked off and people started leaving the garage. Never saw a word about it on the news the next AM, or on here.  It sounded like someone got drunk, fired off a bunch on the roof, them hauled ass outta there. 

3 minutes ago, Cajun said:

No wai!  Sound very systemic.

Unfortunately, they can't release that info because it might stereotype armed felons as dangerous and that would be harmful to them.

<I'm still laughing at that quote.  Kirk Bohls must now be on city beat>.

2 hours ago, ABSR said:

“Shooter’s name is Larry.  He answers to the aliases L-dog and skinny L.  He is 5’ 10” tall and weighs exactly 154 lbs.   He has a birthmark on his right calf in the shape of the state of Florida, a large mole above his left lip, and a tattoo of Snoopy the dog on his right forearm.  He is also black.”

AAS - “Too vague!”

"He is a loving dad who hit some tough times and was just getting his life back on track..."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

The "marked safe" list on my Facebook friends list is hilarious. No Miss 50 Year Old hippie chick, I was not concerned you got hit in a crossfire while you were out gettin' crunk on Dirty Sixth last night. 

2 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Haha. A doctor friend marked herself safe. I like to think she’s smarter than that. At least I hope so for her patients’ sake.

If it would actually make friends/family members think I was barhopping at 1am on 6th street with a biker rally in town, I might have marked myself safe, and made a comment about how I was too far away to see anything.

Big Brother Housemate GIF by Big Brother Australia

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Sounds like a great night. Hoping those with more serious injuries will be ok. Cameras everywhere so should be able to see if it was a bar fight or someone with an agenda just firing into the crowd. It is starting to sound more like a fucker with an agenda and not a bar fight. Based on the stuff that’s out there. 

Probably some local resident fed up with all the Harleys revving art 1 am.

He shouldn’t have done it, but I understand.