The Expanse (Amazon Prime)

MillerEP

3 hours ago, bamachine said:

I just hope that Amazon does not try and make them go cheap on the production.

Don’t think that will be a problem.  Amazon opened up the checkbook for Man in the High Castle which was a huge risk. 

Expanse already has a built in audience and critical acclaim. 

12 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Don’t think that will be a problem.  Amazon opened up the checkbook for Man in the High Castle which was a huge risk. 

Expanse already has a built in audience and critical acclaim. 

I'm wondering if Amazon will keep it PG-13. 

On 5/24/2018 at 9:32 AM, Tuco said:

As much as the previous episode seemed like a season finale, this seemed like the beginning of a new season.  Kind of weird, but I'd rather see them compress two stories into one season than drag one out to make it fit.

I am not a fan of the big time jump that occurred. I feel like it killed all the momentum the show had. Hope it doesn’t take long to find its stride again. How many episodes are left this season?

Guessing they had to bump it along to set up a season ending cliffhanger

Edited by The Dude

On 5/29/2018 at 7:45 AM, The Dude said:

I am not a fan of the big time jump that occurred. I feel like it killed all the momentum the show had. Hope it doesn’t take long to find its stride again. How many episodes are left this season?

Haha ok I think it has found its stride once again

On 5/29/2018 at 7:45 AM, The Dude said:

Spoiler

That jump was because they finished the second book and moved onto the third book. It's just signifying that they've kinda wrapped up the Mei and Prax thing and are moving onto the next big story arc.

Spoiler just in case you don't want to see it, but nothing too spoilery, just explains why they did the time jump in such a seemingly random place.

Edited by MillerEP
  • Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 2:13 PM, HornsOverIthaca said:

Even knowing what’s going to happen, this show still rocks my face off (until the break of dawn).

This.

Also the Behemoth going into the ring.

God. Damn. This show is so beautiful.

On 6/7/2018 at 11:04 AM, Tuco said:

One critique I have is I wish they would do a better job of showing the size of the Behemoth.  Having a shot of it floating in space does nothing.  I don't have a feel for the scale.

Yes, I agree with that.

Looking back to season two, there was a 3d rendering shown of the inside when Miller visited the Mormon church when he was planning to use it as a battering ram against Eros.

I probably don't remember the description clearly from the book, but I didn't think the ring was that massive compared to the Behemoth.

6 hours ago, bamachine said:

In his visions, was what I saw the death of a previous  civilization which led to the formation of the current solar system?

The civilization who created the protomolecule seeded numerous star systems with it through the ring network.  Something infected the protomolecule in an attempt to destroy the original civilization.  They them blew up systems to try and contain the "infection" and basically shut down the ring system.  Because the protomolecule seed that got sent to the Milky Way was delayed, the station didn't blow our shit up.

I expect Holden to actually verbalize it in a subsequent episode.

The civilization who created the protomolecule seeded numerous star systems with it through the ring network.  Something infected the protomolecule in an attempt to destroy the original civilization.  They them blew up systems to try and contain the "infection" and basically shut down the ring system.  Because the protomolecule seed that got sent to the Milky Way was delayed, the station didn't blow our shit up.

I expect Holden to actually verbalize it in a subsequent episode.

That’s all kinda spoilery so heads up. The important thing to take away from it now though is that there are potentially other gates leading to other systems.

4 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

That’s all kinda spoilery so heads up. The important thing to take away from it now though is that there are potentially other gates leading to other systems.

Which is what was shown in Holden's vision, multiple other gates and other systems. The spoilered comments are book spoilers.

19 hours ago, UT_OB1 said:

Do we have 2 sets of aliens now - regular protomolecule and infected protoM?

My guess is that there are varying levels of protomolecule hybrid/transitions.  The evil scientists are trying to figure out how to create human hybrids which can incorporate the pm, but not let it take over the thought process.  But that hasn't panned out yet with the pm eventually taking over the human.  There are other instances where the pm naturally infects a human and starts the transition, and takes over the human rather quickly.  I don't think in these transitions there is really much in the way of thought or intent, so it's not like the pm is evil.  It's just looking for energy which allows it to grow faster.  But, when the pm/hybrid gets to a center level, it is advanced enough to start performing higher level functions like taking over moons, crashing them into planets, creating rings, and, now, influencing the Captain so he can complete the circuit.  But even with that, I'm not sure if it is really a thought process or just a high level algorithm designed to open the ring gate.  There is something very strategy computer game about the whole thing - like playing the Zerg on StarCraft:  collect the resources, build the simple buildings, build the advance buildings, win the game. 

12 hours ago, HornsOverIthaca said:

That’s a good observation as the universe of The Expanse was originally conceived as an MMO.

I thought it was a tabletop game. Which was focused on the geopolitical climate, Mars vs Earth vs Outer Planets Alliance (OPA)

26 minutes ago, Js1 said:

What happened after Naomi found Clarissa? My fucking Directv Now buffered and skipped right to the credits. 

the pastor apparently put on a space suit and followed Clarissa to the Roci and shocked Clarissa with that baton as she was ready to kill Naomi