The Expanse (Amazon Prime)

MillerEP

20 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Or Amazon could be doing a Netflix and deciding they don't want too many expensive irons in the fire, unless they are pulling in a lot of viewers.

Remember, Amazon is doing a massive Lord of the Rings series, and a massive Wheel of Time series.

Really looking forward to those...especially Wheel of Time.

On 12/1/2020 at 2:34 PM, Js1 said:

Potentially do it as a movie? Once you go past book 6, you have to finish it. Amazon may be more open to a movie or 6 episode miniseries than commit to 3 more full seasons. 

They could probably make it work with an extra 4 hours or so. Either two movies or a 4 episode miniseries.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Radical Larry said:

One episode down. Damn, I missed this show. So glad to have it back. 

Watched first Ep last night too. 

Things are setting up nicely. Following the books, but already with some changes/adaptations that are interesting. 

Can't wait to see Amos in Baltimore. Also, loved that Amos was carrying Murty's rucksack. 

Erich is the worst acting i've seen on this show. Like so bad it's hard to believe he actually made it in the final product. 

The rest of the first 3 are pretty good though. I'm glad they gave some time to establish the season before the big event happened.

"Don't call me that - I'm a member of Parliament, not your favorite stripper."

"You can be both"

Staying with the inlaws in the process of moving and they don't have prime, but then I remembered I can just download them to my phone and watch them at work because I don't have much else going on during the holidays.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 12/17/2020 at 8:43 AM, seven said:

Erich is the worst acting i've seen on this show. Like so bad it's hard to believe he actually made it in the final product. 

I’ve got to think that the universe of actors with an arm/hand deformity like Jim Abbott (which is a big deal in the books) is pretty small. It may in fact be a universe of one. 

Woke up and watched it the first thing this morning. Best show on TV. 

Spoiler

The asteroids didn't seem to be nearly as destructive to Earth as they made it out to be in the books. Earth was basically completely fucked in the books. This makes it look like it has some hope still.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, MillerEP said:

Woke up and watched it the first thing this morning. Best show on TV. 

Hide contents

The asteroids didn't seem to be nearly as destructive to Earth as they made it out to be in the books. Earth was basically completely fucked in the books. This makes it look like it has some hope still.

Spoiler

It was multiple strikes at the same time in the books, wasn't it?  This may have to do with them doing away with the 30 year gap because they won't get a season per book.  It took the Earth that long to begin to make a recovery.  Doing away with that could help however they're planning on wrapping up the show.

Edited by kevwun

20 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I am assuming Bull is going to replace him as the Roci pilot.  That wasn't a throwaway line from Bull about being a pilot.

Good catch. But they wouldn’t have known at that point that they were dumping him right?

Edited by Buzzrock

37 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I am assuming Bull is going to replace him as the Roci pilot.  That wasn't a throwaway line from Bull about being a pilot.

I thought that too. But agreed with the poster below. Could end up being Bobbi